11 bis, rue Jules-Chaplain, 06 Arr., Paris, Ile-de-France, 75006, France
Booking.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

More about Hotel Chaplain Rive Gauche

City of Love

by TripAdvisor Member JaycIng

As an American couple who speak no French, the Hotel Chaplain Rive Gauche was extremely pleasant. It is a quaint but modern hotel in a safe area. They were able to give directions/answer questions in English anytime we needed and were very personable. The rooms are small but extremely clean and newly decorated. There were all the modern amenities including; free wi-fi, flat screen tv, mini bar, comfortable pillows and a great bathroom. They even stock the mini-bar with water (1 natural + 1 sparkling), 1 Coca-Cola, 1 Coco-Cola Light and 1 OJ - Complimentary! They refill it daily when they clean the rooms. The only downside for me at the hotel was that the king size bed were two twins pushed together. This being said the beds were new and comfortable.

Perfection at its finest!!

by TripAdvisor Member lilmewmew

Hotel Chaplain Rive Gauche was simply amazing! At first I had my doubts since all I could find was 4 recent reviews on the hotel tripadvisor. On other websites all I could find was reviews from 2007 and that was before they renovated, but still the hotel had good reviews. What made up my mind to stay here was:

1. The location – 6th arrondissement, very close to metro and in walking distance to most major sites, if you feel like getting some exercise. Great restaurants all close by, markets and shopping.

2. I contacted the hotel via e-mail asking if our dates were available, as it was our honeymoon and asking if we could possibly get a discount. The discount was incredible, and they were extremely polite and very helpful just through e-mail.

So those were my deciding factors on staying at Hotel Chaplain and WOW I am so happy I went with my gut!! This hotel was just gorgeous! It was our first trip to Paris, and our honeymoon as previously stated and it was beyond our expectations!

The Pros.
Check in was a breeze. Our plane landed at about 8:30am, after getting our bags and a cab we arrived at the hotel around 9:45am. I gave them our name, they handed us our key and a print out of the password and user id for the wifi and that was it! We didn’t’ fill anything out, which was nice after a brutal 9 hour flight we really didn’t’ feel like doing anything. So we gathered our bags and went to our room.

The room was a bit small, however all hotel rooms in Paris are. But it was perfect for us. We also had quite a bit of luggage, 4 checked bags, laptop bag and my carry on and my purse. And with the room being small there was plenty of room for our luggage.

The bathroom was beautiful. The sink was very modern and there was plenty of room on the counter top for our stuff. The shower was awesome, and the shower head was great and it had great water pressure.

The TV (which we didn’t watch that often) was about a 32 inch flat screen which was a great feature!

The bed was 2 twin beds pushed together, but if you didn’t’ know that or looked hard you would have never guessed. The bed (as all beds in Paris) was pretty hard.

We had a balcony room and it was a great feature. The view was great, nice to relax on the balcony after a long day or walking. And really great to go out there check out the weather in the morning and enjoy.

The Cons.
The lift was really small. We had to take 2 trips for all our bags (but in their defense we had a lot of bags lol).

There wasn’t much room to put our clothes; we had one large dresser which had 1 shelf on the top and another on the bottom. The safe and mini bar (which was completely free) took up half the bottom shelf. A very minor problem!

Over all the hotel was just FANTASTIC!!! They even had free wifi in the hotel.

They also had breakfast available, but we choose not to include it as there are so many places to eat nearby. But I did get a peek at it and it looked really good!

Everyone spoke fluent English and was ready and willing to help with anything we needed. We bought converters for the outlets here in the states before we left. However when we got to Paris and went to use it to charge the laptop we noticed it said do not use on electronics such as laptops, camcorders, etc. So we asked the hotel if they knew where we would buy one, and they had a few for use to borrow, which was very nice!

On our second day of coming back to the hotel after a day of site-seeing. We open our door and they had Champagne and 2 glasses congratulating us on our marriage. It was a great surprise to see!

We wanted to make lunch reservations at the Eiffel Tower (if you do this you bypass the line!!) We were kind of hesitant to call ourselves since we speak zero French. So we asked the hotel Concierge and they were more than happy to do it for us. The date we wanted wasn’t available, so they got us in the first available day.

We stayed here for 8 days June 24, 208 – July 2, 2008. After this we went to Dublin for another 8 days. We stayed at one of their “top” deluxe expensive hotels. And I was disappointed in their hotel. A few times we thought “wow we really miss the hotel room in Paris”

We liked it so much we are hoping to remodel one of our bathrooms in our house to look like the bathroom in the hotel. They really did a great job renovating.

It really was a fantastic hotel and we would stay there again in a heartbeat.

Absolutely Perfect!

by TripAdvisor Member MissyMurphy

Fiance and I have just returned from a fantastic stay in the Hotel Chaplain, we couldn't have picked a better hotel, the location, the staff, the decor, the cleanliness, we were very very happy.

As we arrived in the hotel you only need to give your name and you are given the key to your room. No fuss.

Bedroom was beautifully decorated and very very clean, the bathroom was gorgeous with a beautiful powerful hot shower, fresh towels everyday, free minibar, free safe, a flat screen tv and hairdryer provided.

Staff were lovely and friendly and willing to answer any questions about Paris you may have.

The location is ideal, on a quiet street very close to the Jardin du Luxembourg and on the corner of the street is a metro stop linking you to everywhere. Montparnasse is a lovely area with plenty of boulangeries, brasseries, restaurants to sample.

We have absolutely nothing bad to say about this hotel and will be recommending it to our nearest and dearest.

Big thanks to the staff at Hotel Chaplain!!!

Small, but clean and great service

by TripAdvisor Member WTMP

We stayed here for one night during a stop-over in Paris. The room was small, but clean and well-appointed--for the price and location, very good. It was pretty quiet, overlooking the inner courtyard, though we kept the air conditioning on, and that was loud enough to drown out any noise through the walls that there might have been. Service was excellent: a friendly welcome and friendly, prompt service throughout. Lots of thoughtful touches, too: free wi-fi, free mini-bar (I think), and so on.

A lovely hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Travelbug198027

I booked this hotel very last minute after reading all the positive reviews on Tripadvisor. I would recommend anyone visiting Paris to stay here. There is only one negative, which I will dispense with first- the rooms are small, even by European standards. However, if like us, you are planning to spend your days out and about, then this will be no problem.

One of the first real advantages of this place is the location. It is right beside the Metro and you can get the train straight here from Charles De Gaulle. The 6th is a great spot to base yourself for many of the major tourist attractions and the Boulevard Montparnasse has plenty of cafes and restaurants to frequent in the evenings.

Upon check in, we were shown to our room straight away, no forms to fill in or anything, which was great after travelling. The room was newly refurbished, with clean en suite and linen, free mini bar and lcd tv. The breakfast was way over priced- 14 euro each but just on the corner from the hotel is a lovely patissiere where you can get fresh croissent, coffee etc every morning. The reception staff were pleasant and helpful, all spoke excellent English.

I would recommend this place to anybody and would definitely stay here again if visiting Paris.

Lovely Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member locofortravel

We booked this hotel after much research and we were not disappointed! A big seller, in addition to all the great recent reviews, was the fact that the hotel was renovated early this year. We were greeted by a very helpful concierge that made sure our stay was perfect.

really nice hotel

by TripAdvisor Member yabloko

Really nice hotel in a good location. Close by metro station, as well as famous restaurants, among them "Le Dom". Clean, modern room and bathroom. No unpleasant smell.
Complimentary mini bar, tea & coffee in foyer.
Relaxed atmosphere.
Helpful staff.
Personal thank you to Dennis.

fantastic hotel - excellent, friendly staff - perfect location!

by TripAdvisor Member Heming

Aug 2008
Had a brilliant stay in this friendly, lovely, small hotel - the staff were wonderful, professional and spoke fluent English. The room was great, especially the marble shower room. We loved the free mini bar and flat screen tv, and tea in the afternoon!

The location is superb - off a side street, near the jardin du luxembourg. Also with cafes, restaurants and a small store nearby.

I'd definately stay there again and recommend it.

It's great!

by TripAdvisor Member travellingf0rlife

Talking about being nervous when picking up a hotel on the net based on reviews. But I just have to confess that this was a hidden jewel in Paris. I am very picky as a person and after having looked for reviews hours and hours from5 star to three I decided for Hotel le Chaplain.

This is I promise you a wonderful, nice, modern and above all
a CLEAN hotel. Fournished tastefully and hidden on a quite backstreet on 6th arondissement, this hotel promises you a nice enjoyable and a kind of "de luxe" feeling experience.

The staff was very friendly and upgraded us immediatley after arrival..Of course the rooms are small do not be surprised but when it is as good as this then who cares?

Enjoy your stay and I warmly advice you to stay at Hotel le Chaplain.

Fantastic hotel for first trip to Paris

by TripAdvisor Member David_MK88

I booked this hotel for a short 3 night weekend break in Paris after reading the reviews on Tripadvisor, and it more than met my expectations. Check in was especially quick and they were clearly expecting me. I was simply handed my room key and was straight to the room!

I had read previous comments about the room size being small, but actually both the room and en-suite were a decent size. The room was immaculately clean and well decorated in a lovely modern style. The bathroom fixtures and fittings were also of a very high quality and very stylish. The whole hotel has been refurbished in the last few months.

My room was on the 3rd floor overlooking the small internal courtyard and was therefore really quiet. In conjunction with the exceptionally comfortable bed this meant that I got 3 really good nights sleep!

Other good points:

1. The free minibar (soft drinks) that was rep-stocked daily.
2. The location. A 1 minute walk to the nearest metro station with a further 2 stations within a 5 minute walk. Plenty of restaurants/bars within easy walking distance. Also close to the lovely Luxembourg Gardens.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Chaplain and will definitely return to this hotel when I visit Paris in the future.

Comments