35, rue Delambre, 14 Arr., Paris, Ile-de-France, 75014, France

Venere.com Travelocity Hotels.com

• XenoHumph's Profile Photo

Montparnasse hotel, 14, Paris, France

This hotel would have been great, perfect even and reasonably priced, if it weren't for the cigarette smoke pervading the corridors and thus the rooms. The rooms were very clean, small like always in Paris but very confortable. The lobby is pretty and there is an elavator. I assume that the guy at the front desk was a chain smoker, the night guy seemed to smoke too, so everything smelled of it. We thought that opening the window on the lovely courtyard would help, but there must have been people smoking there too. I was sad because I looked forward discovering this hotel, highly recommanded by VT member Davequ, and staying in a district I have never stayed at before. But both my husband and I get allergies exacerbated by smoke, and cold cigarette smoke is very unpleasant.

Unique Quality: If you do not mind cigarette smoke, go for it!
    Priced at 85 euros for their cheapest rooms, i.e. reasonable for Paris, it is located in the Montparnasse district. It is a minute walk away from the lively rue de la Gaieté which is full of restaurants and theaters. It is a nice safe area. The metro bring you anywhere in Paris from there.

Directions: In the 14th district at Montparnasse, near the animated rue de la Gaieté. Métro Edgard-Quinet. About 10-15 mn walk to RER station Denfert-Rochereau which is on the line to the airport Roissy-Charles de Gaulle

• CALSF's Profile Photo

A Budget Hotel That Doesn't Compromise Quality

I am known to research small Parisian hotels in detail. My friends and family members will vouch for this. It's something I enjoy doing. And while I received very nice compliments about my Paris hotel tips, I also was told that the hotels I recommend are out of range for many people.

Therefore, I did more research about inexpensive Parisian hotels. Although my findings were not always less than 100 euro for a double, I am satisified that these hotels offer quality and service for the rates they charge.

Why these particular hotels? I heard about them. And I want to add that I hope to stay in each of these hotels as well on future visits. One such hotel is Hotel Delambre in the 14th district (Montparnasse).

Hotel Delambre is located in what many consider to be an 'authentic' Parisian neighborhood. That is to say it's a neighborhood where one will find many locals residing. As such there are many shops, cafes, and restaurants.

Unique Quality: The hotel appears to have clean and modern rooms. Some face the street, but the courtyard view .
    The most expensive rooms are a superior which is running at 90 euro per night; there's another superior type room which is a bit larger and than the previous category, faces the street, and this one goes for 95 euro. The cheapest room costs 85 euro for a standard double room. Bathrooms are modern with shower/tub comination and has shower screens!

• Au.Dogbolter's Profile Photo

Charming Hotel - Great location

Whilst the room we stayed in was small, I believe most size rooms are minature in Paris??

The room was clean, the bathroom ample.

TIP: If you need to iron any clothes, ask the receptionist in the morning as you need to go to the basement to use it!

Unique Quality: A great, convienent location, not far from the metro, bus & train lines.

In the same street as the laundry, (which is handy!) grocery shop, chemist, pubs, restruants, a short walk to the main strip, where you can get to cinemas, cafes, patiseries, etc., you name it's only a short walk.

Directions: Get off the Metro at : EDGAR-QUINET, turn right and it's half a block.

• davequ's Profile Photo

An old favorite with lots of history

This was my 2003 hotel home away from home in Paris, Montparnasse 14th.

I liked it very much (fall of 2003). Staff at the time was professional & helpful.

My fifth-story room (42) had a small terrace on the top floor overlooking my favorite rue Delambre for street viewing. (Currently 95 € to 115 / night).

Room 40 across the hall looked over a private little garden / courtyard and is on the quiet side. Both rooms are superior 2 upgrades. Other rooms there cost less. Rates and rooms available from 85 Euros (single) to 150 Euros (mini suite for 4). Nice bathrooms, safes, etc. Check the website for details.

Lots of history: Many artists & writers from Paris 'crazy years' (1920s-30s)lived & worked here; Francis Bacon stayed here for a year or so around 1927; Man Ray, Gauguin, etc. (too many to name);

Clean, with an elevator, now it is air conditioned, good rates, I recommend it.

Unique Quality: Rue Delambre is one of my favorite little streets in Montparnasse. Everything, from Metro to any shops or food you desire, and the Montparnasse cafes, are right there.

Restaurant Dome, Rotunde, Bistrot du Dome, Cafe Select, Gaite, la Coupole, Rosebud, Smoke, all within 100 meters.

Location, staff, rooms, petite dejeuner is served. I would stay here again on a short stay.

Also: if Hotel Delambre is full, right next door I recommend Hotel Des Bains, Hotel Apollinaire; a luxury "villa" (Villa Modigliani ...has WiFi), and Hotel Lenox are all on the same side of the street, and all are good hotels on an excellent Paris street with quick access to Metro, cafes, etc.

Directions: In Montparnasse, S of Jardin du Luxembourg. Metro: Edgar Quinet or Vavin.
    A few of streets S of Saint Germain; around the corner from Cafe Select, Rotunde, and Le Dome.
    MAP

More about Hotel Delambre

FRee internet access?

by lithuaniandiamond

hey parisians
Last time I've been to Paris, I had some troubles with finding internet access ( or not full cyber caffee ) and finally.. paying it, lol
I dont know what about Paris, but in my town there's easy to find about 5 places to use internet for free ( in some places limited time for each person, in some not really limited). I was wondering, if there are any such opportunities ( to use internet for free) in Paris too ? ( P.S. i'm not talking about wireless connection :) )

Re: FRee internet access?

by MadAboutParis

I have stayed in hotels (Hotel Delambre is one) that offer a computer in the lobby for the convenience of their guests...however it's always a French keyboard. For me it was worth it (and especially faster) to spend the $ at a cyber café, use an English keyboard. I don't know if the public libraries offer computer time - one of the native Parisians will have to answer that.
Bonne chance,
Mary

Re: FRee internet access?

by BeatChick

Both McDonald's & Starbuck's offer free wi-fi (which is one of the reasons both are so popular in Paris despite the excellent cafe culture of the city)!! :)

You may go to www.pagesjaunes.fr to do a search for locations or you try their websites.

Comments