Hotel Du Theatre

Hotel du Theatre
Expedia.com Booking.com Hotels.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• Fair review

I have traveled to this hotel during summer for a couple of days. I have received a room next to the reception. The room was very bad, badly furnished and outdated, the walls are too thin and all the noises pass through (including those of the neighbor one floor higher, who I guess was constipated), it smells, the water in the bathroom was dripping, and the people at the reception are very rude and impolite. I have traveled often to Paris, and I have seen many hotels, but I have never seen rooms that were so bad. I would never go there again!

Unique Quality: It is close to the metro station. But that's all. For the rest, forget it, one finds much better elsewhere.

More about Hotel Du Theatre

I give Hotel du Theatre an A

by TripAdvisor Member travelgirl89

It was our first trip to Paris and I booked this hotel based on TripAdvisor reviews. After staying at this hotel, I felt the urge to provide my review.

We took the Metro to the Rome stop - wasn't sure exactly where to go from there to get to our hotel. I simply asked the newspaper vendor and although he didn't speak English, he kindly pointed straight ahead 2 blocks and turn left. And remarkably, there it was! Hotel du Theatre, a small hotel, sits on a quite residential street. Not being familair with Paris at all, this was the perfect location. Extremely convenient to the Metro and the shops & restaurants nearby - magnifique! I'm sure you see all the reviews saying how wonderful the staff is - believe me, it is true. They spoke excellent English, made fantastic recommendations for restaurants, bistros, etc, made taxi reservations and showed us how to get around. I know very minimal French and it was wonderful to have someone to help!

Hotel du Theatre is small & the rooms are small and simple but very neat & clean. If you want to see life like a real Parisian, this hotel is for you! I plan to return to Paris many times and I will always stay at Hotel du Theatre!

Great family stay at the Hotel du Theatre

by TripAdvisor Member dbtripper

We had a fantastic stay at this hotel in January 2007. We booked two rooms for our family of 4. Rooms, including the bathrooms, are a good size and well maintained. Position is in a quiet part of Paris, not really within walking distance of the main popular attractions, but it is less than a 5 minute walk to the nearest Metro station, so you can get to the major attractions within 20 minutes from the hotel. It also means that you are not bothered by street noise, which is a big bonus.

Staff were very helpful and English wasn't a problem.

Highlight for us was the lovely breakfast room, located in a vaulted cellar.

The Hotel provides excellent value and we would highly recommend it.

Small but lovely

by TripAdvisor Member kj00

hotel du theatre, wow!! easy to find, good location, lovely shopping area just a short walk away. Hotel was clean and tidy, staff very helpful, breakfast plain and simple, but enjoyable. Great base to explore Paris. One complaint!!!! no kettle in room. you know what us English are like for there Tea!!!! Staff did find us one though. thankyou. wonderful stay, would use Hotel again when we go back to paris. Jo and Keith

amazing service, great place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member AF137

I can't speak highly enough of my stay at the Hotel du Theatre. Perfect for any visitor to Paris. The hotel is in a lovely area, lots of great shops and restaurants (especially retaurant 'a table') nearby, with easy access to all the main Paris attractions, both walking or by metro.

What really makes this hotel special is the level of service provided by the staff. I was blown away by how far they went to make my stay in Paris as enjoyable as possible. They spent hours researching an event for me on the web (unbeknown to myself), before accompanying me to the venue to make sure I found it OK- once the receptionist had finished her shift! Amazingly kind. As a frequent traveller in Europe, I can honestly say the service provided at this hotel was nothing short of amazing.

Couldn't ask for anywhere better to stay. Perfectly comfortable with lovely breakfast. Would go back in a second, and reccomend it to everyone.

Great Base for exploring Paris

by TripAdvisor Member thedudeinthehat

Great food, greta area, great access to both tourist and local life in Paris. Extremely helpful staff, who couldnt do enough. Although Paris has a reputation for small room sizes, 4 nights felt too short to spend in this spacious and comfortable hotel- a real winner,

AJ

Not bad

by TripAdvisor Member John_&_Maria

Stayed here at the end of Jan 07. Quite dissapointed on arrival, the room (44) was quite small, not much space around the bed, a tiny wardrobe, no drawers for anything. The bathroom was also small, with a sit up rather than lie down bath.

However, the place did grow on us, everything was clean and tidy, breakfast is pleasant in the vaulted cellar, the staff and reception were fine. There was also a lively bar close by (no noise).

After 5 previous vists to Paris, we also were staying somwhere slightly away from the centre, and really enjoyed being close to Monmartre, fantastic choice of bars/restaurants.

Suggest contacting the hotel for a booking rather than going through the on-line operators, our friends saved a lot by doing this.

A charming townhouse in Paris

by TripAdvisor Member PhillipSwiss

After a short stay in Tours (to visit the famous Chateau of Loire...), we spent three days in this lovely hotel. This is one of the best value we know in Paris: a small hotel with friendly staff, perfect location near the main shopping and touristic areas, simple but top clean and quiet bedrooms, excellent buffet breakfast.

The manager speaks a good english and does not hesitate to provide you with excellent recommendations to discover the town (restaurants, exhibitions, etc.).

A very good bargain (which is extremely unusual in Paris...) and truly nice experience for a long family week-end.

Super little Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member h1ghway1

My wife and I spent 2 nights here in January. Its a superb location with good restaurants around and its 5 minutes from the Metro. Its also only about 15 minutes to walk to the Arc du Triomphe and The Opera. Breakfast is fine but basic; fresh rolls,croissants,pain au choc , cereals , fruit juices,coffee , yogurt and packaged cheese... for 9 euro's its good. The rooms are small but cosy, great for a few nights but you would be struggling for storage space on a longer stay. Staff very helpful and we will be returning in June so I will book here again.

Terrific Experience

by TripAdvisor Member professorfrink

Just returned from a 4-night stay at this clean-as-a-whistle, convenient, and most affordable hotel.

Great location from CDG--Tale the RER B to Gare Du Nord station, then transfer onto the #2 line headed toward Porte Dauphine. Get out at the Rome stop and after a 5 to 7 minute walk, there you are!

Hotel is about a 20 minute to 30 minute walk--including many pauses to check out storefronts and myriad nooks, crannies, and courtyards--to Champs Elysees, the Louvre, etc. Other attractions are easily accessible via Metro.

Rooms were spacious (for Paris and the cost), clean, and quiet. Bathrooms are on the larger side for this type of accommodation as well.

Stayed in Room #45 on the top floor--there is a little lift there--with a big window that faced onto the side street of the hotel entrance.

Hotel staff super friendly and a great breakfast buffet in the vaulted basement--make sure you get it included free if you use an online site.

Overall, a terrific experience.

Would highly recommend--used the Trip Advisor reviews to first choose this hotel and I am absolutely confirming them.

Dinner in Paris

by Venezia1

Does anyone know where the resturant named
L'amanguier is i know it's somewhere in the area of the tower.
Can anyone give me an address?

Re: Dinner in Paris

by nhcram

Try this address.
L'Amanguier - Restaurant Français Rue Du Théâtre
If you look into Google there are quite a few showing s for this restautrant, but I think someone on VT has mentioned this one before.
Have a great trip :-)

by Hamster_Huey

I believe l'amanguier rue du theatre wet out of business a few years back.

Thanks