Hotel Elysees Mermoz

Cheese shopCheese shop

Parc Monceau - Pony RidesParc Monceau - Pony Rides

CDG to Hotel Elysees Mermoz

Hi Friends,

I will arrive at 8.35pm CDG Airport. Can you advise me the convenient way to get to Hotel Elysees Mermoz, by metro or airfrance bus?

Hotel Elysees mermoz
30 Rue Jean-mermoz 75008

Another question is, I will have 5 days in Paris (From Jan 29 (arrive nite flight) - Feb 2nd) which type of metro ticket should I buy? Orange Carte(only valid from Monday to Sunday?) or 10 metro ticket?

Thanks inadvance.

Re: CDG to Hôtel Elysées Mermoz

by BeatChick

You should be able to take the Air France bus from CDG to Place Charles de Gaulle (Arc de Triomphe). From there you can either catch a taxi to your hotel (and it's not that far) or you can take the #1 Métro from there to Franklin D. Roosevelt stop (2 or 3 stops away going east) and walk to your hotel from there.

An excellent on-line tool is www.pagesjaunes.fr. It'll show you a map of the place, nearby Métro stops, a photo of the building, websites (if applicable). It's great!

A bientot et Bonne Journée!

by nygaston

I agree.
I like also the bus or the walk from Etoile to FDR (when I have no luggages to carry).

if you stay 5 days from saturday, you can use a Pass i.e. the Paris Visit Pass (zones 1-2) or buy 10 tickets is fine too, it's depending of the number of trips you will need to do.

I prefer the Pass, because I travel more than 2 trips per day....

Hi,

How long is the journey on estimation?
Is it safe to travel after 10pm by foot? I'm afraid custom might take long and by the time I reach Paris, it would be late and I am lugging a big luggage.

Hi Beatchick,
It's me again!

Where do I get the ticket for Airfrance bus? How much is the cost? Can I use 10 tickets card for this purpose?

Thank you.

by BeatChick

Hmmm, that's a good question. I've never taken the Air France bus so I don't know. I imagine you may find that info on the Air France or CDG website.

Anyone?

Paris (BVG) Airport to Hotel Elysees Mermoz

Hi All,

My flight will land at Paris (BVG) airport from Rome. Is this airport easily accessible by subway/train? How do I get to Hotel Elysees Mermoz from Paris (BVG)?

Thank you!

Re: Paris (BVG) Airport to Hotel Elysees Mermoz

by besbel

Actually Paris Beauvais airport is far away from the city and metro doesn't reach it. Outside the airport you gotta take a bus (10 euro the ride), which will take you to Port Maillot metro station in about one hour. From there you gotta take the most convenient line to your hotel. Sorry if I cannot help more with the lines, but I don't know where exactly your hotel is located.
More information about the airport in English in
Flor de Maria

by nygaston

The hotel is very well located, not far from The Comedie Farncaise.
it's near Madeleine and Franklin Roosevelt (FDR) station, metro Line 1, from Pte Maillot

The nearest stop is the Station St Philippe du Roule.
Metro Line 9
From Line 1, connection at FDR station

Hi besbel,
Thanks for the website you provided. But I'm not able to purchase the tix online as I'm in asia countries. I guess I would have no problem to buy the tix at the counter, am I right?

nygaston,
I managed to find this hotel from VT. I will be staying for 2 nites and switch to Hotel Londres & NewYork for another 2. What do you think of Hotel Londres & Newyork?

by besbel

No problem, Bomy. The counter outside the airport is open till the last fight arrives, (I bought it at around 10:30 pm last Sept) so it's OK.
Enjoy Paris, its charm is far beyond words :-)
Flor de Maria

Safe to Walk?

Hi Guys,
I will arrive CDG at around 8.35pm. I am considering if I should take the metro to Franklin D. and walk to hotel Elysees mermoz. I guess I might reach Franklin D. after 10pm. Is it safe to walk at this hour?

Thanks!

Re: Safe to Walk?

Hi,
The area between Franklin D Roosevelt is OK at 10pm (it's framed by Champs Elysees (cinemas and restaurants are busy at this time of the day) and the prime minister's residence) and the metro too.
But i would avoid the RER D after 9pm and rather take the bus from CDG to Opera (RoissyBus and than metro #9 from Opera to FDR)

Hi mariev,
Thanks for your advice.

What bus should I take from CDG (Airfrance bus?)
I still very confused with the metro line and REF. Got to study well before I leave my country.

Another question, are you able to estimate how long the bus journey would take? How do I get the bus ticket and how much? (OOpps.. more questions coming out)

Thanks alot!

by mariev

The RoissyBus is a shuttle operated by RATP (like the most parisian transports) between Roissy CDG and Opera
The journey is 45-60mn depending on the traffic and costs 7.85 Euros one way. The ticket is sold in all RATP tickets booths (there are automatic and human operated ones in the Airport)
The RER is a suburban train (and is often considered as a fast metro)
some more infos on www.ratp.fr
I know that some other shuttles do exist (if you go back some posts in this forum you may find about them) but i have never used one of them

by karimpls

I used to have an apartment on Jean Mermoz, half a block from your hotel. It is very safe, even late at night. I walked alone many times much later than 10pm...

Hi,

Thanks alot for your assurance.
Can't wait to get there!

Belinda

Hi Mariev,

If I buy 10 tickets card, can I use it for my bus trip from CDG to Opera?

Thank you.

Hi,
No sadly, the RoissyBus has a special ticket.

Travel Tips for Paris

Of course you must walk and...

by viajera67

Of course you must walk and walk and walk around the City. It's all beautiful, particularly the 6th and 7th Arr. (St. Germain des Pres) and Montmarte. My best memories involve sitting in cafes and bars - mainly outside (most had heat lamps), but inside as well. Here I am in the cafe at the d'Orsay Museum with my friend Patrick - to escape the rain!

Paris Tip

by John195123

We sat down one evening to a dinner in an Indian restaurant. By the way, food in France is excellent... anyway, my parents had been to the country from which the restaurant owner came, and so they talked over dinner about the place. The owner brought out a book on his country and showed it to us. It was a great meal.

You really should parlez vous francais!

by parismumsie

Before our trip, my daughter and I both read French or Foe by Polly Platt. A very informative book about the French. We both tried to always speak French when asking for directions etc. We found almost everyone spoke English back, but they appreciated our attempts. Most menus had an English translation as well. We found everyone to be most helpful and polite. An employee at the post office got all 20 postcard stamps for me from the machine. (I never would have figured that out) and the uniformed doorman at the Musee D'Orsay knelt down and buttoned my granddaughter's coat for her! The French LOVE well behaved children. They went out of their way to assist us. Because we had a collapsible stroller (which my granddaughter had no intention of using - left it in the hotel after that ), we were ushered to a separate entrance and were wisked down to the bottom of the pyramid at the Louvre ahead of everyone!

If you go EXPECTING them to speak English, you are going to be disappointed. When in Rome....

Half the fun dining out was...

by maritagnes

Half the fun dining out was the seremony of sharing the check at the end of our visit, trying to figure out how much everyone was going to pay. Somehow this simple mathematical problem always turned out to be insolvable....always a missing link..

Have a the a la menthe by the Paris Mosque

by carlisa

When you are tired of the yummy menus of the French chefs, of Italian restaurants, and Asian food, try this exotic place hidden outside the Paris Mosque: the cafe/restaurant has a pleasant garden in the heart of Paris and offers mint tea and couscous at moderate prices. You will also find a a hammam located in this lavish oriental ambiance. 39 rue Geoffroy Saint Hilaire 75005 PARIS.

Comments