Hotel Grenelle Paris Tour Eiffel

Hotels.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Satisfaction Average

• violette_ca's Profile Photo

Grenelle Area

Nice location, near the metro and near many museum. On Wednesdays and Sundays, a lively and typical outdoor market. There is no air conditioning for summer travelers, but they do provide fans.

The bad point is the breakfast time at 8:00.

Metro La Motte Picquet Grenelle

3 stars hotel in 15e arrondissement

Directions: You can go on foot to the Invalide museum and to the Tour Eiffel (2km). The metro is just in front the hotel.

More about Hotel Grenelle Paris Tour Eiffel

My trip to the city of luuuurve!

by rachelg

"My first impressions....."

On arriving in Paris, i was quite surprised. I expected a lot more prestige environment, more well off thhan it appeared to be. We were staying in the Grenelle Hotel, five mins away fromt he eiffel tower. The streets surrounding our hotel were alive 24/7, full of traffic and locals getting on with their every day life. We had a mc donalds right near to us, lots of bisto bars and brassieries and plenty of shops, like h &m, zara, gap all within a 3 minutes walking distance. We were also near a metro stop so sound ourselves situated in an ideal location. The majority (not all) of people seemed somewhat arrogant, and I found that if i too didnt push my way through a crowd id end up stood in the same spot all day! But that all added to the culture and feel of the city i was in....i loved it!

"Sight seeing and shopping!"

I was travelling with my boyfriend, and to be honest were not both the sight seeing type, when it comes to gallerys and museums. We'd rather hit the shops and disneyland! But we were in Paris, and both wanted to go to see the eiffel tower. On out first night we climbed up to the top (well in the lift!) within 15 minutes and there was no queues at all. It was a clear night and the views were breath taking. Id never forget it, it felt unreal to be that high up, seeing views for miles. When we were back on the ground we just stood there watching it illuminate with its sparkling white flashing lights up and down, it felt really romantic. It was one of the highlights of my holiday and ill never forget it, well worht the 12 euros it cost me.

The second say we went to see the champs elysees (and got lost getting there but thats another story stupid metros!), mainly for the shopping to be honest. We went in louis vuitton, although couldnt afford to buy anything and all the other shops the avenue offered. There were some very cool clothes shops which i liked, and the disney shop of course. This particular day was pouring down with rain, so badly we were just running from shop to shop drenced due to our umbrella being blown inside out every second! We found a very nice place for lunch, called vesuvio cafe i think, where i had the most appetising pizza ever!
Another place i wanted to visit after reading reviews on here were les printemps and galleries lafayette. And the reviews were all right, they were fabulous. 5+ stores of womens fashion, i was in heaven! The christmas tree in galleries lafayette was girgeous, as were the outside decorations on all the stores in this area. For a split second i felt like i could have been in new york it was fabulous. My boyfriend got bored after around 5 hours of endless browsing, but it was well worth a visit i really enjoyed it.

"The place where dreams can come true!"

Yes Disneyland! Im a big kid at heart and couldnt resist a break in paris without visiting disneyland. We had to get a metro then the rer from out hotel which took around an hour, but it was well worth it. We entered the park and were stunned by all the christmas decorations, making it feel like a christmas out of a story book. we spent a full day going around the park, my favourite bit being fantasyland, where i was in heaven and felt like a real princess! We went on all the rides, even the carousel, and both waled around wearing our mickey mouse christmas hat, it really was a fun day out. We watched the parades which were all stunning, and we both thoruoghly enjoyed ourselves.
The next day i wanted to go back, but we decieded to just go to the disney village instead and do some shopping there (free entry). It was out one year anniversary of bing together, and i know it may sound silly but we wanted to do something special to mark the occasion. I decieded i wanted to go to the Buffalo Bills dinner show, so we did. It was 52 euros and well worth the money. You were seated in a western styled arena, and were served authentic western food whislt the show was on. It was all fabulous. The smoked bbq ribs, the horses and bulls in the arena, the atmosphere and staff, and the free beer top up! My favourite night of the holiday and one ill always remember.

Hotel comments

by worshik

Hi,

Please comment on Relais De Paris Tour Effiel Grenelle Hotel in terms of location, safety, near to metro etc

Re: Hotel comments

by CALSF

Hi, I don't have personal experience with this hotel. But I found comments on tripadvisor.com. Seems like rue de Grenelle is a safe area and the metro is pretty closeby-maybe a little too close according to one guest as it was a bit noisy.

Here's the link:

Re: Hotel comments

by GUYON

The area of Grenelle is very special because the Asian tourists are gathered there because there are international hotels which look like the international hotels throughout the word : comfortable but completely out of the local culture.
The hotel of your question is a traditional hotel recently transformed to be international. So it is a mixed culture place.
The area is busy because there also a mall (rather small) and some business buildings.
So I am not surprised when I listen a claim about the noise.
Except Tour Eiffel, there is no interesting attractions in the neighborhood.
The nearest metro station is Bir Akeim and it is not certainly the best place to reach quickly the other attractions of Paris.
Briefly, no real concern with this hotel but it is far (distance and culture) from the typical Paris.
I suggest you stay in the 4e, 5e or 6e districts to be where the true Paris is.

Re: Re: Hotel comments

by CALSF

Since Guyon lives in Paris and knows well all the districts, I would take his advice about changing locations. The districts he suggests are very nice.

Comments