Hotel Home

Hotel Home Paris 16
Booking.com Travelocity Hotels.com

Rated 11% higher but also costs 23% more than other 3 star hotels

More about Paris

juke box at pub QUE PASA?juke box at pub QUE PASA?

LouverLouver

inside Les Deux Magotsinside Les Deux Magots

open air museum full of sculpturesopen air museum full of sculptures

Transportation from Eurostar - Paris Nord to the Westin Paris

Hello,

Me again. I have been trying to determine the best way to travel from the Paris Nord (Gare du Nord) to the Westin Paris. Should we take the metro? I think my map is telling me to take the Metro 12 but it is difficult to be sure.

Thanks in advance.

by leanneedwards

You could take the Number 4 Metro to Chatelet and then change to the No. 1 and get off at the Tuilleries stop.. Number 4 is red and goes down the page and No 1 is a lighter red and goes across the metro map..
I hope this helps

by SusanVC

Thank you that helps a lot. That is exactly what we will do.

by leanneedwards

You are right Chatelet is large and can be confusing... I was looking for direct but sometimes it is not always the best way!! Thanks Pedro!

by SusanVC

Thanks for all the info. I've printed everything so perhaps I won't forget or lose my pages! Doubtful but what will be will be. I am worried about the rail strikes now. My train was canceled earlier today but now is back on. I hope it stays that way!

by SusanVC

Ah but we are coming via Eurostar - they sent me an email yesterday saying it was canceled then another later in the day saying it was not.

by SusanVC

We finally made it to the hotel. We used your directions for the bus (I wanted to do the metro but my daughter thought the bus sounded easiest). I must say we did turn right coming out of the station but got extremely confused at that huge circle where 3 or 4 streets converge on each other. We didn't know which one was the right one. Needless to say, we wandered around like two silly tourists for almost an hour looking for the right bus stop. We finally found one just to the left of the station. The bus driver was extremely kind (as are all the french so far) to us as it was blatently obvious that we were idiotic tourists lost and confused. He took us as far as he could go and then waved down another bus for us. That bus driver was also extremely helpful and called us back to the bus when we look confused after exiting the bus. He looked at our map and told us what exactly what to do. Very nice.

The hotel seems to be amazing as well! The man that checked us in was very kind and helpful.

So, what's up with all the beggars asking you if you speak english? Very pushy and they seem to target tourists!

by SusanVC

I'll post this in my page on the hotel's website as well but wanted to say that the Paris Westin was amazing! In addition to the luxery, atmosphere, central location, and comfort; the staff (every single one) make you feel so welcome and that they are glad to see you. They help with everything without seeming to be annoyed by your lack of knowledge or the language. It's amazing. I watched them as we waited for our room and they are like that with every person entering the hotel. Amazing! After touring Paris all day, it was pure joy to return to the Paris Westin! We will absolutely, positively, stay there in the future and will recommend it to everyone that we know.

Oh - and we had a wonderful view of the Eiffel tower to boot. Breakfast in the morning by the window with a view of the tower was absolutely Heavenly! Thank you for recommending it to us!

by SusanVC

No, we did not see the salons but what we did see was plenty. Amazing hotel! Thanks again for the suggestion!

Travel Tips for Paris

fountain hunting in Paris

by Duncanmcgregor

A great mean to get a taste of the city of lovers legendary romantism... hang around the lovely places and fountains:
"fontaine de la contrescarpe"
The little square named Place de la Contrescarpe is in the picturesque and very lively St.Médart district. It is at the end of the Rue Mouffetard, a street in which there are many shops and restaurants with antique signboards.
Not far off is the house where René Descartes lived when he visited Paris. Denis Diderot also lived in this area. In the Middle Ages the neighboring streets housed a series of colleges for students with scholarships.
On the esplanades around the fountain are comfortable bistros that welcome you for a drink at any time of year.
"fontaine Maubert"
This fountain is an example of the little surprises that Paris reserves for us. Far different from broad vistas are the small and discreet fountains in the center of flower beds found rather often at unanticipated sites.

What is an "Arrondissement" in Paris?

by thinking

Arrondissements are like neighborhoods.
There are 20 of them in Paris.
The last two numbers in their zipcodes tells you the arrondissement.

For a full explanation see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arrondissements_of_Paris

Musee d'Orsay

by Imbi

This clock is one of many reminders that the Musee d'Orsay building was once a train station. Today, the only lines coming through are queues of tourists wrapped the block, waiting for hours to get a glimpse of the world's finest and most comprehensive collection of Impressionist paintings.

St-Germain-des Pres, is one of...

by Gaby_Thieme

St-Germain-des Pres, is one of the most famous meeting places for the intelligentsia and gives glimbses of fashion and arts nearby/
Along the sides of the Seine is a footbridge where artists display their work./
Mazarine Library/
The georges Pompidou Center at Beaubourg is called 'the heart of Paris'

Watching Tour de France

by duncanlbrown

Just watching the Tour de France in Paris is exhausting! The peleton ride into town and do 6 or 7 laps.

If you watch in Tuilleries Gardens, you can run from one side to the other - seeing the riders twice per lap.

Comments