Hotel Louvre Sainte Anne Paris

Agoda.com Expedia.com Travelocity

More about Hotel Louvre Sainte Anne Paris

Great location/nice hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Voyageur510

We stayed at this hotel for just one night. I liked the location and the staff was great. The room was not huge (two twin beds pushed together), but it was relatively clean. The bathroom was fine, but the area underneath the sink was a little cruddy. We had a nice view from our window, too. The lobby is small, but nice. There are lots of brochures containing information about things to do in Paris. Overall, our short stay was fine.

Look no more, perfect parisian Hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member DGCBurg

A group of co-workers and I just returned from Paris. We picked Louvre Ste Anne because of the location and the very positive reviews. It was our first time in Paris so we wanted something in close proximity to the Louvre, museums, Seine river, Notre Dame and Musee D'Orsay. Don't forget to purchase the 2, 3, or 4 day museum passes. They are worth their weight in gold. No waiting ... no lines. We took the subway to Champs Elysees and scheduled tours through Grayline Paris (check out their website) to Giverny, Versailles and to Brugges, Belgium (which is called the Venice of the North - now I see why). See the enclosed pictures.

If you're looking for a place, look no more! Have breakfast at the hotel, which was buffet style, it is really worth it. American style,, eggs, bacon,

The Hotel was perfect! The staff was great!! Especially MOUN!. Thanks again Moun for picking up the Harley D. shirt. My husband thanks you also!

We really enjoyed the city, hotel, and people. I can't wait to return. The only thing that I would change is my length of stay. I love Paris in the Spring time!!

Good but hardly Amazing

by TripAdvisor Member ABroadAbroad

My husband & I both slept well at the Louvre St. Anne. We found it clean, quiet, and well-located. However, while it's a decent place to stay, it hardly lives up to the rave reviews I read on Trip Advisor. The rooms are smaller & duller than others we've stayed in for less money across Paris. More importantly, the weekend we were there, the air conditioning was broken. The staff neglected to mention this, and a/c was one of the reasons I'd booked us into the hotel in the first place. We live in Europe and travel to Paris roughly once every two months; we try to stay in inexpensive-to-mid-range little hotels. I have to say that for the money, (137Euros/$175) I've had more spacious and charming rooms elsewhere -- albeit hotels without a/c, but then, for the three nights we were there, the St. Anne was without it as well. I'm used to small hotel rooms, yet in on our 1st floor room, there was just enough space to get around the bed. What's more, the toilet leaked & clogged, one of the light switches didn't work (meaning if one of us wanted to read while the other slept, we had to keep the main light on) and the ventilator duct in the bathroom roared non-stop. The lobby also has almost no public space whatsoever. While none of these things are deal-breakers, I felt that overall, the hotel didn't live up to the absolutely stellar reviews posted on this site. I'd stay there again, but primarily if I had to be in the 1st arrondisement. Otherwise, you may be able to find more charm & bang for your buck in the 3rd, 6th, 7th & 12th arrondissements. At least try to make sure the a/c works if you're booking for the warm summer months!

great little hotel, in a great location

by TripAdvisor Member Glon Drack

Stayed here with my wife and daughter for a week in June. The location is terrific. Walking distance to the Louvre, Opera, two different Metro Stops, the Tuilleries, and many other sites. The front desk staff was as friendly and welcoming as one could want and very understanding of our weak french responding with very good english. The rooms were clean and comfortable with AC, in room safes, small tv, hairdryer, minibar, and bathtub/shower. The breakfast was great with fresh croissants, other breads, cereals, eggs made to order and hot potatoes and bacon, sausages, yogourt, juice, fresh fruit and more. This is a great parisian style hotel that most everyone would be happy with unless you need the massive american-style rooms. Would definately stay here again.

Perfect Hotel, Perfect Location

by TripAdvisor Member iscar

My husband and I have just returned from our honeymoon, we stayed at the Louvre Sainte Anne and just loved this charming hotel. Our room was excellent, on the 5th floor with its own balcony which overlooked the Sacre Cour - worth the extra money. The hotel was clean and the staff were very friendly and helpful. We also loved the area, it was very central amd had lots of excellent restaurants and cafes close by.

Very good hotel

I stayed at this hotel with my girlfriend in June this year. I booked it online on an agency website with a request for a non-smoking room and within two hours had an email from the hotel confirming they had reserved one for me. It was friendly, well located and the staff spoke good English. The room was comfortable if not too big (like all rooms in Paris) and we were made very welcome.

Surprise! Surprise!

by TripAdvisor Member rsmarlett

My wife andI weren't expecting much when we arrived at the unimposing entrance, but were more than pleased with our room which was a comfortable size, clean, and with a bathroom almost as large. The airconditioner worked the way it was supposed to. There was plenty of hot water, the breakfast was good, coffee was excellent, desk staff spoke English, most of the things we came to Paris to see were in walking distance. The most delightful feature of the hotel is Muon, the lady who seems to be the chief clerk on the front desk.

Loving the Louvre St. Anne

by TripAdvisor Member stevelevy99

What a treat to arrive at the Louvre St. Anne! This is a quaint, boutique hotel with clean rooms and high quality accomodations. The location is stellar, just a stone throw from the Louvre. We think Robert Langdon must have raced by here with Sophie Neveau. There is a darling pastry shop on the corner that smells heavenly. Get the chocolate croissant. The young man at the front desk is super helpful, friendly, and fun. The young lady doesn't give the most accurate information regarding sites and activities, so call your destination directly. You can rig the French bath so it works as a shower - be creative (hint: incorporate the towel bar).

Eh. So-so.

by TripAdvisor Member audreyc

I'm sort of surprised at the rave reviews. While I don't have any major complaints about the St. Anne, I have to say I was far from impressed. True, the location is great -- right near Pyramides metro stop and within wakling distance to most stuff you want to see. And, heck, you walk a lot in Paris, so location is important.

But it's very European. And, lets me honest, that's not always a fabulous thing, right? OK, so it had an attached bathroom. But no curtain and the shower head you had to hold over your head. Now I know why so many women don't shave. It's too freaking hard when you're balancing a shower head, razor and tiny soap. The rooms are very small, which is OK by me. But the AC was broken and we had to keep the windows open. Which would also be OK but it's a very loud street (even if it looks calm, the noise reverberates a lot. So we slept with earplugs in.

And you think that you don't spend time in your hotel room -- after all, you're in Paris, right? But we walked proably 12-15 miles a day. (And we're big hikers in CA) and it's exhausting. And you're drinking wine, so you get tired and naps are nice in the late afternoon after most places are closed and you're waiting for dinnertime.

And all that's fine. But if the main woman isn't at the front desk, forget about helpful dinner directions. And breakfast is OK, even though you have to walk by the maid's closet on the way to the basement where it's served.

In the end, it was OK. I think you could probably find nicer places for the price if you really tried.

Nice A/C but don't eat the $12 breakfast!

by TripAdvisor Member 8031pc

My wife and I stayed at this hotel based solely on reviews from this site. We arrived in Paris during a July heat wave and were so glad that this hotel has freezing cold A/C in their rooms. The front desk people speak good English which helped out. The hotel is located on a small street near the Lourve museum. This street is lined with Japanese sushi places and a fire station but it was always quiet. If you have never been to Paris before I urge you not to rent a car and drive. The driving and traffic in Paris is horrible. Buy a daily pass and use the subway, buses and taxis if needed. The hotel room was small but well appointed. Do not get anything from the mini bar is your room though. Every item is 3 euro! Also breakfast is NOT included in your room price as we believed. I was stunned when we were each charged 12 euro each for haven eaten their "breakfast" which consisted of pastries, cereal, potatoes and juice. This is not a 12 euro breakfast folks. This would be considered a continental breakfast in USA and normally comes free as well. The bathrooms also have a showerhead but no shower curtain which I thought was odd.

ParisParis

The Eiffel TowerThe Eiffel Tower

You didn't believe me did you?You didn't believe me did you?

Carren and a bottle of wine, a common sightCarren and a bottle of wine, a common sight

Hotel room size

by eliza61

I'm investigating hotels for a trip late spring 2010. What is the difference between a twin and a double?

Thanks E.

by TexasDave

I'll take a stab at it.
A twin is a bed for one person, while a double is one bed used by 2 people.
Hotels in Europe frequently have rooms with 2 twins or 1 double (maybe a king), rarely will 2 doubles (or queens) be available.

by xxsentiaxx

I'll be honest, i had the same problem when booking my room. In Paris we reserved a double room and got a room with two twin beds.

by cgf

Twin = 2 separated beds
Double might be 2 beds together or a big one (but not king).

in most of the hotel in Paris the beds are 'narrow' like the rooms...

by kokoryko

A language problem. . . . and definitions vary from one place to another.
„Normally“, according to hotel standards, the definitions are as follows:
Double room: a room with two beds positioned next to each other, or two beds in the form of a double bed or a double bed (one bed for two persons).
Twin room: a room with two separate beds for one person.
Now, it is not at all sure all French hotels follow these definitions. . . .
Definitions here (In French): http://www.hotelaparis.com/glossaire-hotel-paris.html

by johngayton

Yes, don't expect large rooms in the cheaper Parisienne hotels! Basically a twin room is a room for two people with two single (small) beds whilst a double is once again for two people but with one slightly larger bed. Noting that you are from the US - you will find European hotel beds a LOT smaller than the US counterparts.

Have a good trip tho!

by footstool

I found that, in Venice, a "double" meant 2 twin beds that were literally tied together. At the Hotel Duquesne, in Paris, we had a true double bed (smaller than a queen; don't even Ask for a queen size!). In the dumpy Hotel Modern, on the eastern edge of Paris's 11th, there was no shelving, so we had to put our bags on the bed, in the morning, to remove clothes. Then we walked sideways around the bed, the open space being as wide as a ledge. But there was a full private bath, with plenty of hot water....

by Manara

In France, as well as in UK, a typical 'double bed' is 140 cm wide (4' 7"), whereas in most of Europe it is 160 cm (5' 3").
This is why my husband and I prefer to ask for a twin room (i.e. with two single beds) to sleep comfortably.

by EspritMontagne

At our hotel Esprit Montagne -->

twin= 2 seperate beds
double= 1 big bed for 2 persons

But there's still another possibility! Our twin beds are hand made, so when they're put together, you won't have a disturbing wooden border in between.

Greetings,