2.5 out of 5 stars2.5 Stars

4 Emile Gilbert Street, Paris, 75012, FR

Travelocity Hotels.com Expedia.com

Rated 10% higher but also costs 25% more than other 2.5 star hotels

• Maryimelda's Profile Photo

Right at Gare de Lyon.....

It was a very comfortable stay although the hotel did not quite live up to my expectations. It is a hotel I have had my eye on for years as it always has good reviews, which are hard come by in Paris, generally speaking. The staff were extremely efficient, friendly and helpful but the room for the price was a trifle disappointing as it did not have anywhere to put your suitcase and I had to sacrifice the one chair in the room so that I could put my suitcase somewhere better than on the floor. I found this problem in a number of hotels during my 2009 trip and I really find it hard to understand, as this is a basic requirement of a hotel room in my opinion.
    Shower stall was the smallest size, but of course you expect that in Paris. The room otherwise was perfectly functional and the air-con was a plus.

Unique Quality: The location is probably one of the most outstanding characteristics of the Hotel Palym as it is within "spittin'" distance of the Gare de Lyon. Also within walking distance to many of the best attractions such as Notre Dame, St Chappelle, the Bastille etc. and with the Metro so very close everything else becomes conveniently close as well. It is also about twenty five meters from the Air France Shuttle stop to and from CDG. I would definitely stay there again, though I must confess that I prefer the Montparnasse area. Just a personal preference however.

I returned to the Hotel Palym on my 2011 trip. This time I felt that my room was a little better than the last time I had stayed here. Certainly there was room to put my suitcase. Staff and service were still very efficient. I would certainly stay there again.

Directions: Exit the station on the Rue Diderot and Rue Emile Gilbert runs right into Rue Diderot. Hotel is about two doors up on your right.

More about Hotel Palym

hotel near gare de Lyon

by rchitekt

We will be coming to Gare de Lyon station around 9:30 in the night time. Can sombody suggest a comfortable 2 or 3 star hotel in walking distance from the station. Is it safe to walk in that area in the night?

Re: hotel near gare de Lyon

by ForestqueenNYC

I second that in regards to safety at night. It is also within walking distance of the Bastille, a very hip and lively place, where you will find lots of restaurants and cafes if you aren't too tired to venture out.

Re: hotel near gare de Lyon

by Maryimelda

I will be staying at the Hotel Palym which is right across the street from Gare de Lyon in September. It has very good reviews and is reasonably priced by Paris standards. You can book on www.venere.com.

Comments