Hotel Residence Henri IV

50 rue des Bernardins, Paris, Ile-de-France, 75005, France
Hotel Residence Henri 4
Hotels.com Priceline.com Booking.com

More about Hotel Residence Henri IV

Utterly charming hotel in great location

by TripAdvisor Member Shopaholic28

I went to Paris with 3 girlfriends in November & we stayed at the Henri IV for 2 nights. The room we had booked was an apartment for 4 people; it was a little cramped as the 2nd double is a sofa bed, but the suite itself was beautiful, charming & did the trick of providing a comfortable, convenient base for us. The hotel itself is lovely, tucked on a leafy side-street, and the main feature is the beautiful original staircase that winds the whole way up the centre of the building. Our room had beautiful original features and was very clean & comfortable. It was also excellent value for money. If you are going for a longer trip then I think the apartment would be too small for 4 adults, but other than that we had a very enjoyable stay & were well looked after by the very helpful, charming staff.

Just as good second time round

by TripAdvisor Member getbillingham

Stayed here in May and again in November...already planning another visit next year!

Fab location and great rooms...kitchenette is great for raiding the supermarkets and relaxing in the room with a drink and some snacks!

Staff really friendly...can't reccommend enough!

Left Bank gem

by TripAdvisor Member TransplantedBrit

My wife and I stayed at the hotel for 4 nights in November 2006. The room was quite pleaseant and above average in size for Paris. Nice bathroom - not sumptuous but attractive, all the necessaries and a decent size with a big window overlooking a garden and other apartments - you are not looking at a brick wall. The bed was very comfortable. Two closets, a desk, small table, 2 chairs and aqequate room to wander around - a real bonus! The front window overlooks a small park and the street.
The room was quiet as it is set down a small side street.
We had breakfast in the hotel one morning but it was nothing special.
The real plus for this hotel is the small kitchen facility - sink, fridge, hotplate (2 burner). There are loads of cafes which offer breakfast at the same price as the hotel in the area. Also, there is a lovely boulangerie just up the road and a small grocery store around the corner so it is much, much cheaper to buy your own breakfasts, store in the fridge and have what youy want instead of the standard fare. You could also manage other meals if necessary because of the facilities.
The desk staff were excellent as is the overall location of the hotel. You will be spoilt for choice as far as restaurants are concerned. Great location for Notre Dame, Pantheon, Metro, RER, shopping and the Left Bank.
We would definitely stay here again.

Chris & Jan, Oakville, Ontario, Canada.

A lovely little hotel

by TripAdvisor Member HarriettLondon

We received a lovely welcome at this hotel, which was small and friendly. The kitchenette was very useful, and the room was a good size and very clean. We didn't use the safe because we found it difficult to use, but that is a minor thing compared to all the positive aspects! We would definitely stay here again.

Good value in pleasant environment

by TripAdvisor Member Subbakaschper

After a slightly rough start (night porter was distracted by phone calls; got a room on a low floor having requested one higher up; a wall panel above the door to my room almost fell on me when I entered), things got much better. My room was changed to one on a higher up floor after the first night. The staff was attentive and friendly. The rooms are huge by Paris standards, well-maintained, and feel personal.
The surroundings are nice, many shops and restaurants. The hotel lies in a quiet cul-de-sac. No problem to sleep with open windows. The initial glitches were easily forgiven and I enjoyed my stay very much. I got the room at a reduced internet rate for ca 100 Euro. This is clearly a bargain. If I can get the room for a similar rate I will definitely use the hotel again next time when I stay in Paris.

Everything about the Henri IV was above average!

by TripAdvisor Member hjkramer

Everything about the Henri IV was above average! This place was recommended by a friend who had stayed here and we were in no way disappointed! The accomodations were most pleasant, the staff was friendly and helpful (especially for someone who knew very little French), and the location was superb! I will make this my first choice to stay when I return to Paris. Thank you to the wonderful staff for a great experience!!!

Judson Kramer
Santa Monica, CA
USA

outstanding

by TripAdvisor Member mohlondon

I have stayed at this hotel five times. More than at any other hotel in paris or elsewhere. I have reservations about raving too much (in case it becomes too popular and there is no availability when I next want to visit!) On every level this hotel hits the mark. Customer service, standard of accommodation, location and price. Everything. The rooms are clean and lovingly furnished and each has it own character (i've stayed in a few). It is quiet too - a rare thing in a bustling city.
A real find and a joy to come back to time and time again.

Met or exceeded ALL expectations!

by TripAdvisor Member tomwolfe72

We are a family of four (two adults and two daughters, ages 18 & 20). We stayed in one of the apartments for five nights and in two of the hotel rooms for one night. Only one negative to report--the new paint fumes in the hotel rooms on our last night. Other than that, I STRONGLY recommend this property. Very clean, very quiet, excellent location--two METRO stops close by, safe and secure, comfortable beds, friendly & helpful staff, walking distance to excellent retaurants, reasonably priced.

A true gem

by TripAdvisor Member wazzamc

A warm, comfortable and friendly hotel in a great location - a very short walk to the Seine and many other attractions. Yet despite being in such a convenient part of Paris I experienced very little traffic noise in my higher floor room. Whether it was because of the friendly and helpful staff, or the very "unhotel" like spacious nature of my room, I can't recommend this hotel highly enough. A true gem - and I haven't even mentioned the great use I made of the kitchenette!

Amazing value, great location

by TripAdvisor Member diharper

Great value, clean and comfortable hotel, the kitchenette area was a bonus!! would stay again definitely and recommend it to family and friends, good luck to them!

ParisParis

Champs-ElyseesChamps-Elysees

Ancient WarriorAncient Warrior

Tanner exploring the gastronomy of FranceTanner exploring the gastronomy of France

From Paris Nord to Saint Germain

by V102377

Hello!!

Getting ready for my first trip to Paris and I am very excited. We will be arriving to Paris Nord station from Amsterdam and we will be staying at a hotel in the 5e. The address is 50, rue des bernardis-75005. Is this a good place to stay? Say, better than the 6e or 7e? Also, can someone please advise me on how to get from Paris Nord station to this hotel... Thank you advance for all your help!

Re: From Paris Nord to Saint Germain

by CALSF

Hi, do you mean rue des Bernardins instead? I think I have a general idea of the location and it's a good one. I believe it's near Blvd. St. Germain. You can get an idea of the area either at www.mappy.com or www.pagesjaunes.fr. The 5th (Latin Quarter) is a pretty busy district with alot of restaurants and nightlife. It's actually a nice place to stay. As for it being better than the 6th and 7th districts, well, it's a matter of personal opinion. The 6th and 7th has a slightly different ambience-not to say they lack for restaurants and nightlife at all. Generally the 5th has a more youngish crowd while the 6th & 7th are favored by an older crowd-not old just older! :)

Re: From Paris Nord to Saint Germain

by CALSF

Faux is correct: your hotel is indeed the Hotel Residence Henri IV.

I've heard of this hotel and it's supposedly a good hotel. You can see a photo of the hotel's exterior and the street if you entering in the address box the hotel's street address and its 'localite' (the area code so to speak: 75005) by going to www.pagesjaunes.fr

Re: Re: From Paris Nord to Saint Germain

by V102377

Yes! We're staying at Hotel Residence Henri IV. Glad to hear that it has gotten such great reviews!! Thank you all for your suggestions and information- so helpful!!! I will indeed enjoy my time in Paris!

Comments