75 rue Saint-Louis-en-l'Ile, Paris, Ile-de-France, 75004, France

Booking.com Expedia.com Priceline.com

Costs 31% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• skatzcatz's Profile Photo

Hotel Saint Louis

A nice place in a great situation. Clean rooms, pay tv and hospitable service. The breakfast was overpriced at 12E each.

Unique Quality: provides breakfast for 12E per person

Directions: Island I'll on the Seine, only 5 minutes walk to Notre Dame

• CALSF's Profile Photo

Another Nice Ile St. Louis Hotel

I've stayed three times now on the Ile St. Louis and in three different hotels. There are only four hotels on this island and I will gladly stay in the three I've stayed at again. I find the fourth one (Jeu de Paume) to be overpriced for the value.

My stay at Hotel Saint Louis began one October afternoon after arriving tired from my 10.5 hour flight from the States and my adventure at CDG. I'd never arrived at the this particular terminal before and don't even know the number, but it was tiring after waiting for my luggage to arrive and it was one of the last to arrive. Next I had to go search for a taxi stand which meant walking the perimeter of the terminal, which was not huge, but it was terribly tiring with luggage and backpack in tow. Found by asking that the taxi stand was outside but around the corner and up the road. I was exhausted by the time I got into the taxi.

The hotel clerk, a tall bespectacled and distinguished looking man, told me I had three room choices to choose from and he gave me the keys to all three rooms. I checked out rooms on the third (room #33) and fourth floor and selected room #42. The third room was on the ground floor next to the reception desk. The third floor room was way to claustrophobic with room enough for a couple of steps as the bed took up the entire room practically. Also I didn't care for the tatty bedspread with a gaping hole in it.

Unique Quality: First of all the hotel's lobby is small but has enough seating for two chairs and a hideous white leather sofa which is dirty looking and not appropriate, in my opinion, to match the age of the building.

My room on the fourth floor was cosy but had enough room for a desk and chair plus enough walking room around the bed area. It was luckily a corner room so I had the advantage of having two large French windows which led to a small balcony which is really not useable. It's much too narrow to wander onto that balcony for safety reasons.

I cannot understand why the hotel is rated 3* as the amenities offered are limited, but with the complicated hotel star rating system I suppose that's why.

Here are the pros and cons of my stay:

Pros: Excellent location on the Ile St. Louis
    Very modern and extremely clean bathroom with a nice sized bathtub with wall shower
    attachment
    Friendly, helpful staff
    Room has individual a/c and heating
    Value is excellent considering the hotel's prime location

Cons: Above mentioned white leather sofa in lobby that looks dirty now and which the night
    clerk sleeps on
    Tatty, old, faded bedspreads which are orange colored. They should be changed
    immediately as they look awful.
    Extremely small regular double rooms as the bed takes up practically the entire room
    Very very tiny bathrooms. For example, in my bathroom one could literally use the toilet
    and wash one's hand at the same time.
    Wall shower attachment is not adjustable

Hotel provides no soap except bottles of liquid soap that's meant to be used for multiple uses as soap, shampoo, and bath foam. Yuck. I brought my own bar soap as I hate liquid soap.

There are no clothes hooks in the bathroom.

Optional continental breakfast costs an additional 12 euro (didn't order) and is served in a vaulted room below the ground floor.

• exotique18's Profile Photo

There are many hotels in...

There are many hotels in Paris. I will just give some of their names.
    In Ile Saint Louis: Hotel Saint-Louis
    ýn Champs-Elysées:Concorde La Fayette
    In Les Halles:Hotel Agora.
    When ý went to Paris for the first time ý stayed in L'Unesco which is a kind of hostel.
    The second time ý went to a hotel called Fiap which is close to Glaciere.

Directions: Hotel Saint-Louis:54,rue Saint Louis-en l'ile,75004
    Hotel Agora:7,rue de la Cossonnerie,75001
    Cncorde La Fayatte:3,place du Général-Koenig.

More about Hotel Saint Louis

Ile St. Louis Hotels

by Jen31362

Hello,

I am searching for a reasonably priced, charming hotel on Ile St. Louis for the first week of December. I need two rooms with two single beds or one room with a double bed and one room with two singles.

I would like to spend under $150 if possible.....is this possible?

Thank you!

Re: Ile St. Louis Hotels

by zuriga

I found a nice little hotel in Paris on www.ratestogo.com. Give it a look-see. I think hotels are listed by their location.

Re: Re: Ile St. Louis Hotels

by Jen31362

Thank you for the tip, Zuriga, I will try that.

Re: Re: Ile St. Louis Hotels

by nygaston

GOOD HOTELS, but often Full (because good and cheap)
***: my preferred hotels for less than 100 Euros

Marcleau Hotel (Poisonnnieres)
Hotel moderne du Temple (Republique) **
Baudin (Ledru Rollin)
de Nevers (Republique) **
des voyageurs (Denfert Rochereau)

Re: Ile St. Louis Hotels

by Beausoleil

Ile St. Louis is thought of as a little pricey but you may be able to do it. Try http://www.france.com and click on the Hotel button right under the search window at the top left of your screen. You can search by area and they have prices posted. They also have terrific reviews written by people who have actually stayed in the hotel. The print all the reviews, not just the good ones!

Next suggestions is to check Guyon's home page. He is French and has wonderful Paris suggestions.

Good luck.