21, rue de l'Avre, 15 Arr., Paris, Ile-de-France, 75015, France

Booking.com Priceline.com

• jbel2879's Profile Photo

Adorable, Unobtrusive, and Cheap

Hotel de l'Avre is located down the tiny rue de l'Avre, right off of the Grenelle-Le Motte Piquet stop (nos. 6, 8, 10). It's easy to get there from the airport and it's ridiculously easy to get to all hot spots in the city. The room is small but really clean and quite charming. The bathroom is fab. Both the bathroom and the bedroom had floor to ceiling windows with a little balcony. Perfect in the summer b/c there is NO a/c. Thank goodness the street was quiet. The breakfast is delicious, albiet a bit expensive, and not included in the room price.

The location is fabulous. It's in Montparnasse technically, but actually much closer to the Eiffel tower and Les Invalides.

Unique Quality: We literally walked everywhere. It's quiet enough to be romantic and very non-touristy at the same time as being right near the Paris hot spots.

There's an absolutely adorable garden - eat your breakfast there. Avoid the internet machine.

Also, make sure you speak a bit of French - most ot the people at the front desk did not speak English.

Directions: Literally right off of Avenue le Motte Piquet.

More about Hotel de l'Avre

Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member once1

Just returned from Paris. Stayed two nights at Hotel de l'Avre. The room was clean and comfortable with a modern bath. It overlooked a very quiet garden where tables and chairs were set up. The street is quiet and safe and the neighborhood was charming. For the price, this is the nicest hotel I have stayed at in Paris.

Above 2 stars...

by TripAdvisor Member katr0713

Excellent location - less than a block away from a metro station and a 10 minute walk from the Eiffel Tower. Embarrasingly, I attempted to make reservations over the internet 1 day before my arrival in Paris. I ended up calling the hotel to see if they could accomodate us and was told that they could only guarantee the first night, and would put us up if they had cancellations for the next two. They even offered to help us find another hotel just in case they couldn't. Happily for us, we were able to stay all three nights. The staff is wonderful (and they speak english), the location is great, prices are decent, and the hotel is clean. Rooms are a bit on the small side, but i think that is probably the norm. We would definitely go there again.

A Wonderful Experience

by TripAdvisor Member holmes49

We've just returned from 3 nights at the Hotel de l'Avre as a part of 3+ weeks in Europe. My wife, 12 year old daughter and I all really enjoyed our stay at this small Paris hotel. I was initially concerned about the hotel's location - it is tucked away on a small side street 5 minutes from the Eiffel Tower. We had always stayed in the Left Bank area before. But we found plenty of restaurants and grocery shopping nearby and the Metro could not have been closer. The added plus was that we could grab dinner from the Monoprix and picnic outdoors at the big park in which the Tower sits. Be sure to get a room facing the garden. The street side is not noisy but the garden is lovely. You should be aware that the clean, well decorated rooms are small!

Just as expected

by TripAdvisor Member Skymot

Having read all the reviews we did wonder if the Hotel would prove to be as good as everyone stated but we needn't have worried. The hotel was excellent and also the location. We took our friends from Australia and they were as pleased as we were. It took us just 25 mins on the Metro with one change from the Gare de Norde to the Hotel de l'Avre. The Hotel is in an excellent quiet location and we found no problems. We even had a bird's nest outside our window with two baby birds in the nest.

This place was perfect!

by TripAdvisor Member fractal_7

Thanks to this website I found out about this hotel because it was not listed in Lonely Planet which turned out to not be useful at all for Paris. My friend and I stayed three nights in this hotel and it was pefect. The price is great, the people are friendly and especially enjoyed the cute sarcastic wit of the night person from the "little village of Saint Tropez":-) The location is perfect, we walked to the Eiffel Tower, Invalides, the Musee de L'Armee, and there is a metro station close nearby. The decor is cheery French charm like a quaint B&B and the breakfast is fantastic, which you can eat in the adorable courtyard. Many times where you stay colors your experience in a new place and this was a perfect way to start my journey in France, people were so friendly in general. I loved France and when traveling to the South this website also helped in finding nice places to stay.

We'll be back!

An excellent value! I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants quaint, clean, quiet, and cozy with excellent service at a low, low price. Hotel de l'Avre is the hidden jewel of the Left Bank! While not necessary, the garden rooms are definitely worth the extra Euro.

Wonderful leafy garden--convenient comfortable hotel

Hotel is a block from the Metro on a quiet street, and a block away from a very handy Monoprix supermarket. We stayed in a double room overlooking the leafy garden, and opened our window to trees and birds amidst all the concrete. Large comfortable clean room, bathroom. Hotel has a lift, free copies of the Guardian, and the best breakfast croissants and bread in Paris.

Excellent location, clean, quiet, I will stay here again

I just stayed 3 nights at the Hotel de L'Avre (September 2004). I loved it. I had a very nice room and clean. The hotel is located on a quiet side street (alley) very near to the Metro, the Rue de Grenelle market, and the Eiffel Tower. There is lovely garden off the main floor. When you reserve, be sure to request a room above the ground floor for privacy and more quiet. The hotel has no air conditioning, so go down the corner to the Monoprix and buy a fan if you are here in summer months, but the room did have a large door-like window that opened wide. I would caution any super-sized travelers that you would not be able to squeeze into the shower I had in my room -- you'd better ask if there is a handicapped-accessible room if you weigh more than about 250 lbs and want to stay here.

Felt Like Home...

I just came back from my trip to France and began the adventure by staying at the Hotel de L'Avre.
I stayed for 9 nights and my time there felt like a home away from home. The entire staff is friendly, warm and eager to respond to any requests you have and make it as comfortable as possible for you. Loved it and I would stay again without hesitation. (And I too enjoyed the cute wit of Mr. Saint Tropez.)

Comments