Hotel du Louvre Paris

Place Andre Malraux, Paris, Ile-de-France, 75001, France

Hotel du Louvre
Priceline.com Hotels.com Booking.com

Costs 89% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Fantastic location & breakfast, decor tired.

We stayed in this hotel on the recommendation of a colleague. Whilst we enjoyed our stay there immensely, with fantastic staff, excellent breakfast and brilliant location, i think it is overpriced. I know Paris hotels are expensive but nevertheless i think they need to do the place up a bit.

I have the following comments:

Good Points:

Views: many rooms have views of the Louvre and down to the Arc du Triomphe, or of the COmedie Francaise.

Breakfast: if you get a breakfast inclusive rate, the breakfast is really excellent. Full buffet, hot bacon, eggs etc, croissants and pastries; meats and cheeses, fresh squeezed juices, yoghurts etc and fresh fruits; miso soup. really excellent.

Attic Rooms: little balcony overlooking the Louvre made up for small room and poor choice of decor.

Concierge and staff: nothing too much trouble. excellent service.

Reception and brasserie and bar very nice.

turndown service at night. good toiletries and well equipped room.

best shaving mirror ever! it magnified and had a light...

Very busy traffic outside but our room was well insulated against it. thankfully our room had double doors to the balcony with double curtain which minimised the din. well managed as obviously an occupational hazard in busy city centre.

Bad Points:
    Decor a bit tired on corridors to rooms, alot of worn carpet; grouting cracked between tiles in bathrooms.no fan in bathroom so it steamed up alot.

Decor colours can be bad: our room on the 5th floor in the attic was a small room with a low ceiling and yet was painted a cross between brown and purple. made it very dark. bizarre. could have been beautiful if painted a lighter colour to brighten it up. Saw other rooms with lovely colours but were either higher category or smaller room with bed configuration unsuitable for us.

Courtyard Rooms: our standard (called superior) attic room luckily had a view but some are smaller and over look the very unattractive inner courtyard.

Toilet without wash basin was separate to bathroom. no bidet in bathroom.

Very expensive. A coke and a single express coffee in the Brasserie was €13! Cafe Marly in the terrace of the Richlieu wing of the Louvre is cheaper and a far superior location.

All this for €440 a night. That's way too much for a room.

Unique Quality: Location: hard to beat, right beside the Louvre and the Comedie Francaise. WIthin walking distance of everywhere in central Paris.

Directions: Fantastic location, within walking distance of everywhere in central paris.

• henniker's Profile Photo

very convienent for cental paris

This hotel is in a great location, close to all the shops and of course the Louvre is just around the corner.The rooms are small but then that is Paris? The staff were very helpful and the conciege was always keen to help with tickets etc.

• most gracious, comfortable and well located .

The staff, begining with Miss Angelier is fabulous; The location with Louvre, comedie francaise, palais royal and metro is choice. The rooms are lovely, some with views of the Opera Garnier. Has Brasseriw, cafe and lounge.This is a gracious, clean and comfortable property with evrything goin for it

Unique Quality: Easy access to all of Paris; metro, restaurant and Paris attractions
    s

Directions: Louvre and tuileries

More about Hotel du Louvre Paris

Good Price, Great Location

by harley1956 about Hotel Louvre St Honore

Wonderful hotel, decent price, 1 1/2 blocks from Louvre in central Paris. Walking distance from Tullieres Gardens, the Orsay, Les Halles, Notre Dame, Pantheon, and numerous other sites. Great staff, very helpful, contact Frederic. My wife and I just spenr out honeymoon there, we couldn't have been more pleased. Location, location, location

Nice hotel, bitter ending

by TripAdvisor Member Valerie48

The Hotel du Louvre was lovely and the location really nice for access to the Louvre, the Tuileries, Rue St. Honore and transportation. Our room was nice and we were given champagne as a honeymoon welcome.

We stayed for 7 days and left on 19 October. We forgot to pack a package of mementos, souvenirs, photos, and a CD with 200+ pix of our entire honeymoon in London and Paris. We called the concierge the very next day but the hotel could not produce it and now refuses to communicate with us about it. We are so upset at this loss and the hotel's attitude that it has tainted our whole experience at the Hotel du Louvre.

Such a relief

by TripAdvisor Member sledxl

I read almost every review of every hotel before deciding on the Hotel du Louvre. We had stayed at the Intercontinental just up the road and I thought I didn't want to stay in the 1st arr. Hotel du Louvre is in a great area for cafes, stores, little markets etc so you can easily get an inexpensive coffee or yogurt or mineral water. I was with 2 of my childdren - 11 and 13 yo. We had a superior room on the 4th floor literally looking into the Louvre museum across the rue de Rivoli. There is a metro stop (Palais ROyal) right outside the doot and the entrance ot the underground mall of the Carousel du Louvre is less than a block away. These were important considerations for us as we were in Paris during the end of November when the weather is cold and wet.

Our room was large with a large marble bathroom with bath and shower and two basins and a separate toilet and dressing room which helped give us a little extra room and privacy. THerre was a king bed and a couch and plenty of room for a rollaway bed whcih was provided gratis.

Breakfast in the downstairs restaurant was delicious but expensive. There are many other choices right next door for a simple and delicious breakfast. The fitness room was bare bones but everything was working. My only caveat would be if you are visiting in warm weather. The rooms on the boulevard are a bit noisy and I am not sure about the air conditioning - for us it was a terrific choice and I'm so glad! I would definitely stay here again especially in the bad weather months.

Expensive but great value

This was an excellent experience from start to finish. Hotel du Louvre is one of those rare hotels where you actually feel welcome when you walk in the door. We spent about a week here on our honeymoon in June 2004. We were upgraded at check-in, and received a complimentary bottle of champagne the first night. The average room is small but what do you expect - this is the very heart of Paris and you pay a premium for space. Besides, you don't visit Paris to stay in your hotel room all day. Service was nothing short of perfect. The room we stayed in was relatively old but very clean. The bathroom was comfortable and clean, and you just cannot beat the location. Metro (subway) and taxi stand around the corner, and a bar nearby to dust off your kidneys after a long day of walking around and sightseeing. Even if we need to save up a bit longer before we can go back to Paris, it's really worth staying here.

Not what I expected

It was my first time in Paris and did not have a clue where to stay. I read many reviews of hotels on trip advisor and based my decision on the reviews that I had read about Hotel Du Louvre. The location was perfect but the hotel itself was a very big disapointment. First of all, the bathroom was half the size of the room. The room was surprisingly small. I had read in many reviews that Paris hotels are small but this was the size of a walk in closet. The view of the room was a court yard of the building that overlooked the roof of the first floor. This area is small which means there is very little privacy since the windows are large and you could easily see into other rooms. OK, I regroup and decide not to let it ruin my vacation. The Louvre is right across the street so I leave. Keep it mind this is the second week of August and the temperature was in the high 80's. After a few hours I return to the room and at this point it is early afternoon. The tempurature in the room is hotter than it was outside. I called the front desk, explain the situation and request another room. I was told that they would first send a service man to fix the problem. Trying to keep my cool I agreed. A man that appeared to be a janitor arrived about 30 minutes later with a latter and large tool box. Keep in mind the size of the room. He takes apart a few parts, puts it back together and tells me he fixed the problem. So, I decide to take a nap. I awake an hour later sweating. I call the front desk, express my displeasure and request another room. I was informed that if the service man could not fix the problem they could see what they could do. SO the service man returns with latter and tool box, starts to take apart the exact same parts. At this point it was getting ridicoulus and I demanded another room. Within thirty minutes they had moved all of my bags into a room three times the size and it overlooked a wonderful courtyard with a view of the Louvre, restaurants and shops. Not to mention it was nice and chilly. I had breakfast every morning in my room and the food was fabulous. All the other amenities listed on there web site were not available. The location speaks for itself and in the end that is what you are paying for. The first room was not worth the price that I paid. These rooms should be much cheaper. Whether booking it on line made a difference I don't know but if location is all you care about then go for it!

Terrific

by TripAdvisor Member MHapple

I've been to Paris 6 times in the last 7 years and this is the best hotel I've stayed in thus far. It is in a great location and the hotel itself is great. The breakfast is the best in town. It is in a busy spot, but that is what we were looking for. The rooms are quiet, but the hallways are smokey. The bathtubs are tremendous!! The rates can be a little high at times. If you are going to see the louvre museum, there is not better place to stay.

Hotel du LouvreHotel du Louvre

Hotel du Louvre

by tfaria

Has anyone ever stayed at the 4 Star Hotel du Louvre? Any comments about it?

RE: Hotel du Louvre

by Callavetta

I've been in the lobby and eaten in the restaurant. Friends of mine stayed there and LOVED it. They had a suite and it was lovely with a great view. It's in a very nice location.

RE: RE: Hotel du Louvre

by Tammysboy

I would like to stay there too. Is this the one located at 13 rue Marsollier? If so, do you reccommend that I request the suite room?

RE: RE: Hotel du Louvre

by Callavetta

I'm on the road right now but will ask them if they recall their room number when I get home.

Comments