Inter Hotel Lecourbe Paris

Costs 21% more than similarly rated 2 star hotels

More about Inter Hotel Lecourbe Paris

Short Term Apartment Rental

by Steve51 about Agency

We stayed down in an apartment in the 15th (Sevres Lecourbe) because it was only about e55/night vs a hotel at e70 (cheap travellers) and you get the advantage of cooking and laundry facilities plus a bit more room...not a lot more though. The apartment is rated at 21sq m and that was just enough for (us) 2 people..how they figure to fit 3 people is beyond me.

So..1st point Paris apartments are small.
2nd point...the buildings are old, and even when renovated, the apartments can appear to be a bit disappointing..and for the old buildings, lifts are a rarity, staircases are narrow, and often of wooden construction...so no big suitcases (see 1st point) and no smoking !

The neighbourhood itself was well equipped with bars, shops (including boulangerie, fromagerie, fishmonger butcher and the usual supermarkets,) restaurants, chemists all within about 300m, and metro stations only about 150m. I bought a canet for the metro..but only used a couple of tickets. Paris is quite small, at least for the tourist. We just walked everywhere..and all the "must do" tourist things we found to be in walking distance even from the 15th.

I'm going upmarket thsi time, still with CentreParis, but up in the 2nd and slightly larger at 25m.

CentreParis have been excellent to deal with, and you can pay by PayPal.

Cheap Wine on Mouffetard

by BeatChick about Le Repaire de Bacchus

I never ventured beyond the threshhold of this shop as I purchased the wines sitting outside in the woven baskets. The signs boldly diplaying the cheap prices caught my eye and I couldn't resist so I purchased 2 of those!

This is a chain of wine shops, much like Nicolas, with 29 stores in Paris:
51, rue Lévis 75017
30, rue des Moines 75017
40, rue Damrémont 75018
1, rue Joseph de Maistre 75018
218 bis, rue Pyrénées 75020 Very inexpensive wines (and good, too). 2€ per bottle

Photo: November 2007

Hôtel de ClunyHôtel de Cluny

the Paris Shopthe Paris Shop

Interior - Notre DameInterior - Notre Dame

Tuileries - the dusty gravel.Tuileries - the dusty gravel.

lecourbe

by vincentbuhagiarooooo

Any tips regarding how to spent the night out close to our hotel
(le courbe hotel)would be nice to know.
Vince

Re: lecourbe

Thanks very helpfull

TRAVILLING COST

by vincentbuhagiarooooo

Hi, can someone tell me which is the cheapest way to travel from Orly airport to le courbe hotel please?.

Re: TRAVILLING COST

by pfsmalo

Rer and metro is probably cheapest. I believe it is 8.70 euros for a trip.

From Orly terminal take Orlyval to Anthony

Rer B line from Anthony northbound and change at Denfert Rochereau

Metro line no. 6 direction Charles de Gaulle/Etoile for 4 stations to Pasteur.

Hotel Lecourbe is 5 mins walk from Pasteur.

Re: TRAVILLING COST

Thank's a lot

Help in Paris

by zuriga

What is the fastest way (aside from cab) for getting from Place du Breteuil to Gare du Nord? Which Metro stop and/or changes? Thanks.

Re: Help in Paris

by GUYON

Take the metro at Sevres Lecourbe line 6 direction Nation
Stop at montparnasse Bienvenue
Take line 4 direction porte de Clignoncourt
Stop at Gare du Nord

Re: Re: Help in Paris

by zuriga

Merci, Ray. This is a very short trip for me tomorrow, but I'll be back in Paris before too long. I'm now living near London.
June

Travel Tips for Paris

Rude, but of course.

by RobyHutch

Yes Parisians can be rude; it is the culture and, well perhaps a general distaste for many things that are happening here in France since we changed over to the euro. I am troubled to say that you will probably encounter it here in Paris more then many other cities such is life. It is unnecessary to lecture you on how to be considerate or polite, as this is not going to change the rudeness you are going to encounter, and this is something you have to take responsibility for. I would suggest however that you take any rude encounters, how do you say, with a grain of salt, and consider it part of visiting France, perhaps the entertainment. With many places in the world you will encounter some wonderful people and some not so wonderful. Paris has many beautiful experiences waiting for you to discover, to let a rude encounter diminish that would be to let a cloud passing over the sun ruin your week. There is nothing you can do but relax and let it pass you buy. I have lived her on and off for 10 years, my children are French-American, Oui, je parle français, (which only allows me to be rude back when I feel like it), and many of my closest friends are Parisians, (they dislike the French more then most.) All of this is what gives me cause to deliver this advice. Please don’t let a little rudeness get in the way of a city full of beauty.

A typical French breakfast...

by SwedeSarah

A typical French breakfast usually consists of a breadroll, cheese, croissant, jam and café au lait. But which is the right way to eat?? I know I got terrified the first morning at the hotel, hehe! I'm still not 100% sure, but this is some things I've picked up: You don't put the cheese on top of the bread, eat it together with it instead. I read that you don't cut the bread, your break it with your hands. You can have jam on both the breadroll and croissant. Take a bite of the croissant and put on some more jam, and so on. I also heard that you put the bread on the table, if it's true I don't know. Anyways, you're a tourist and you can't know the French way of eating breakfast, so just don't worry so much about it. ;)

Resting Place

by lilnation

Taking time to explore the streets around my hotel I discovered the Cimetiere de Montparnasse. The cemetery opened sometime in the 1800's .This is the resting place of many famous French intellectuals' as well as foreigners. Take your time it is a nice quiet relaxing walk if you have time. You will notice a few sculptures as well.

Comments