La Motte Picquet Hotel

Anya_D's Profile Photo

Tiny but cozy

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 13, 2004

It is a very tiny hotel near Champs de Mars, Les Invalides and Rodin Museum. In a quiet district, lots of restaurants and cafes around, as well as supermarkets. Eifel Tower is nearby. Post office is nearby, if you need to send a card to VT friends:).

Unique Quality: Very cozy place, but very tiny rooms. For an average traveller it should be ok though, but if you have long dresses in your suitcase, be careful: they do not have a high full size wadrobe. I stayed in 3 rooms there at different times, and in all of them the story was the same. Howver, they have bigger rooms on the 3rd floor, maybe there it is different. When you book a room, ask for a bath, because the rooms with shower are very-very tiny and the shower with WC is so small that you have no space to turn around:)
On the rest it is a good place. The personnel is helpful and friendly. They even gifted a big rainbow umbrella to us:)

Directions: Metro station Ecole Militair or Tour Maurburg. On the coner of Avenue de la Motte Picquet and Rue Cler.

IslandGirl10's Profile Photo

A nice little hotel:)

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 1, 2003

This was a lovely little hotel that I had found in several locations on the net as well as in Frommers when I was initally looking for hotels. Since my first choice was booked solid, we went for this one. It was very nice and in a wonderful location. Rooms were on the small side, but that is typical for Europe. It was however very clean and fit the bill for what I was looking for as far as a hotel in Paris. I think the only turnoff to this hotel was that my husband accidentally left his hat in the closet (I know it was there because I saw it before we left, but it was one of those cases where he thought I took it, and I thought he had put it in the bag) and he went back to ask if they had found it and the maid and the front desk clerk both said they had not. As my girlfriend said, there was something going on because there was a look of guilt on their faces, but as I told my husband, he was suppose to check behind himself. This particular desk clerk though had something with him anyway. When we asked him to call a taxi for us, he told us that we were on holiday and he was not so he would get to it when he could. I must say that the first gentleman was not like that thankfully. All in all still a wonderful place to stay...just be sure to get everything before you check out!

Unique Quality: Rooms are small but decorated very romantically. The bathroom was small but cute:)

Directions: Very close to Tour Eiffel and Rue Cler

shrimp56's Profile Photo

Hotel de la Motte-Picquet * 7e

by written on August 25, 2002

Unfortunately this hotel has changed hands. Mme. & Maya "ont fait le retraite" and the prices have gone up considerably. Reviews elsewhere are definitely mixed.

Unique Quality: It is a small hotel on the corner of avenue de La Motte Picquet and the market street, rue Cler, one block from the Ecole Militaire metro station. The small rooms have been recently redone and the bathrooms are tiled and very clean. 'Madame' is very proper, but her dog, Maya, is a sweetie:)
* * * * * * *
UPDATE: The hotel has been sold as of early November 2002. The new owners want to upgrade it. They were talking about closing for a month to do that.
I wish Mme. Ireland and Maya a healthy and happy retirement -- and I will miss them.

Directions: Less than a block from the Ecole Miltaire metro station and on the corner of rue Cler & ave. de la Motte-Picquet

Nearby La Motte Picquet Hotel

La Motte Picquet Hotel

• Motte Picquet Hotel
  • Motte Picquet Paris

Address: 30, avenue de La Motte Picquet, 7th Arr., Paris, Ile-de-France, 75007, France

2 Photos of La Motte Picquet Hotel

• Business Services
  • Pets Allowed
  • Free High Speed Internet

Paris Travel Forum

Need advice about Paris, France? Visit the Travel Forum for Paris and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Paris hotel reviews