La Motte Picquet Hotel

Hotels.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Costs 47% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• Anya_D's Profile Photo

Tiny but cozy

It is a very tiny hotel near Champs de Mars, Les Invalides and Rodin Museum. In a quiet district, lots of restaurants and cafes around, as well as supermarkets. Eifel Tower is nearby. Post office is nearby, if you need to send a card to VT friends:).

Unique Quality: Very cozy place, but very tiny rooms. For an average traveller it should be ok though, but if you have long dresses in your suitcase, be careful: they do not have a high full size wadrobe. I stayed in 3 rooms there at different times, and in all of them the story was the same. Howver, they have bigger rooms on the 3rd floor, maybe there it is different. When you book a room, ask for a bath, because the rooms with shower are very-very tiny and the shower with WC is so small that you have no space to turn around:)
    On the rest it is a good place. The personnel is helpful and friendly. They even gifted a big rainbow umbrella to us:)

Directions: Metro station Ecole Militair or Tour Maurburg. On the coner of Avenue de la Motte Picquet and Rue Cler.

• IslandGirl10's Profile Photo

A nice little hotel:)

This was a lovely little hotel that I had found in several locations on the net as well as in Frommers when I was initally looking for hotels. Since my first choice was booked solid, we went for this one. It was very nice and in a wonderful location. Rooms were on the small side, but that is typical for Europe. It was however very clean and fit the bill for what I was looking for as far as a hotel in Paris. I think the only turnoff to this hotel was that my husband accidentally left his hat in the closet (I know it was there because I saw it before we left, but it was one of those cases where he thought I took it, and I thought he had put it in the bag) and he went back to ask if they had found it and the maid and the front desk clerk both said they had not. As my girlfriend said, there was something going on because there was a look of guilt on their faces, but as I told my husband, he was suppose to check behind himself. This particular desk clerk though had something with him anyway. When we asked him to call a taxi for us, he told us that we were on holiday and he was not so he would get to it when he could. I must say that the first gentleman was not like that thankfully. All in all still a wonderful place to stay...just be sure to get everything before you check out!

Unique Quality: Rooms are small but decorated very romantically. The bathroom was small but cute:)

Directions: Very close to Tour Eiffel and Rue Cler

• shrimp56's Profile Photo

Hotel de la Motte-Picquet * 7e

Unfortunately this hotel has changed hands. Mme. & Maya "ont fait le retraite" and the prices have gone up considerably. Reviews elsewhere are definitely mixed.

Unique Quality: It is a small hotel on the corner of avenue de La Motte Picquet and the market street, rue Cler, one block from the Ecole Militaire metro station. The small rooms have been recently redone and the bathrooms are tiled and very clean. 'Madame' is very proper, but her dog, Maya, is a sweetie:)
    * * * * * * *
    UPDATE: The hotel has been sold as of early November 2002. The new owners want to upgrade it. They were talking about closing for a month to do that.
    I wish Mme. Ireland and Maya a healthy and happy retirement -- and I will miss them.

Directions: Less than a block from the Ecole Miltaire metro station and on the corner of rue Cler & ave. de la Motte-Picquet

More about La Motte Picquet Hotel

Wonderful Experience!

by TripAdvisor Member McCormick59

Merci Beaucoup Hotel Motte Picquet! The hotel is absolutely adorable. My family and I had a very enjoyable experience at this hotel. The rooms were extremely clean and comfortable. This service was perfect. Fulvia and Mourad were so nice and very helpful. Even before we arrived they answered so many questions for us over email and reserved our shuttle van. They made our visit even more enjoyable. Hotel Motte Picquet is in a perfect location. You have a real Parisian street, Rue Cler, a few steps away. The hotel is near a metro station which will get you anywhere in Paris. The Eiffel Tower is a few blocks away and who could resist seeing that everyday. You cannot go wrong by staying at Hotel Motte Picquet. We will definately return to this hotel on our next visit to the beautiful city of Paris-which I hope is very soon.

Charming and Convenient

by TripAdvisor Member RWTraveler

My family loved the charming Hotel Motte Picquet. Rooms are small, but clean and tastefully decorated. There isn't a huge amount of storage space, but we didn't mind. Bathrooms are larger than we expected and very modern. Location is super convenient. Close to Metro, great restaurants, museums. Staff is wonderful, helpful and polite. We really liked the daily breakfast and found it a good value. While the breakfast nook is cozy, we never had trouble finding a table. We would certainly stay at the Motte Picquet again!

Bijou and fun

by TripAdvisor Member angebg

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel very much. Ok, the room was tiny, but everything was very clean, the bed was comfortable, and the room was attractively decorated. We thought the hotel had been decorated with flair, and the space was used very well, creating a pleasant and characterful ambience, although the breakfast room was cramped. The breakfast was very good, however, with wonderful pastries, and everyone was very helpful. The situation of the hotel is great: in the middle of Paris, with the Eiffel Tower, the Seine and Les Invalides not far away, and a Metro about 50 metres away, and there are good restaurants and cafes in the Rue Cler, just around the corner. We felt we had had value for money, especially given the fact that it is in the centre of perhaps the world's most romantic city!

It's location off of rue cler was perfect

by TripAdvisor Member MichiganElla

Since I had made the reservations on line I wasn't sure how smoothly things would go at check in,but everything was in order. The rooms are small but whose going to stay in their room for long when you have the beautiful city of paris waiting for you right outside your doorstep.The breakfast was nice and convenient,but a bit pricey. I would definitly consider staying here again when back in paris.

Great Location with Lots of Charm

by TripAdvisor Member Daybelita

We loved our stay at the Motte Picquet. The location was perfect for us (especially since we lugged our luggage from the airport). Rue Cler is just around the corner with cafes and little shops of all kinds. the Metro has a stop that's very close...maybe a half a block or a block...not far at all. AND...you can walk to the Eiffel Tower which is a nice after dinner experience. The rooms were small compared with what we're used to in America, but had a good shower and space in the bathroom. The service was very nice...we were almost always greeted with a smile when we came in from our day out and about. The room was very clean and had wireless internet which was very helpful when planning our days. Our room had air conditioning, but I don't think they all do and sometimes in July it can get hotter than we're used to in the States (without ac, that is). Make sure to ask for a room with a/c or check to see if yours comes with it. We opted out of breakfast, mostly because there are great places to get morning pastries along Rue Cler or we weren't up in time! I was worried with most places in Paris accepting smokers that it would smell smokey, but I think there was only one night we were there that we could faintly smell smoke from another room/outside. We would definitely stay there again for the comfort and convenience!

Unbeatable location, friendly staff

by TripAdvisor Member bruno68

On 2 separate occasions we booked the 2-story duplex room in this hotel for the my wife, myself and our 2 daughters. The upstairs/downstairs setup was perfect for us. The bathroom is very large for Paris or even American standards. Have since recommended this room to other families with kids and they have shared our enthusiasm. Location off Rue Cler, a quick walk from Invalides & Eiffel Tower is unbeatable. We did not try the hotel breakfast, opting instead for the cafe just downstairs at the entrance of Rue Cler (who will gladly give you coffee in to-go cups if you want to walk it back up). Highly recommended!

Small but nice

by TripAdvisor Member paris444444444

The front desk concierge was SOOOOOO nice and helpful, that definitely made me like it so much. Also, there was free Internet in the lobby. The room was really small which I'm not used to being from the states. The shower was also something I'm not used to being from the states, so showering there was difficult for me. So it is typical European style, but I am not used to it. There was a really nice breakfast there, but it was 10 euros. All in all, I would recommend it.

Comments