Le Regent

Hotel Le Regent
Booking.com Expedia.com Travelocity

• carcol29's Profile Photo

Great Hotel

This is a great little hotel. Great service, clean.....bathrooms are modern. A/C is modern and room 61 has a little balcony! It's right in the middle of St. Germain de Pres, so plenty of restaurants and night life around.......It's perfect!

• oisha's Profile Photo

Glamour & comfort on the left bank

This hotel offers both classy rooms and petite cubbyholes for sleeping in. We stayed in a cubbyhole, but were very happy with the level of cleanliness, peace and quiet our room offered. The bathroom was surprisingly big, modern and spotless, which pleased my fussy travelling companion. The service was friendly and helpful, and our attempts at speaking French were accepted with grace. The price was excellent considering the standard for this part of Paris.

Unique Quality: Literally steps away from both Boulevard St Germain and Ile de la Cite, you feel like a pampered visitor to the beautiful part of town. The street outside is alive even late at night, but not so much so as to make it unpleasant. You can stroll around, feel safe, and order a takeaway crepe from a streetstall past midnight.

Directions: Not to be confused with Regent's Hotel or Regent's Garden Hotel. This hotel is known as Hotel le Regent.

• CALSF's Profile Photo

St. Germain Stunner

Have you ever wanted to stay in a beautiful 3* hotel that's located in the heart of St. Germain des Pres? Oh, Hotel Le Regent is that one hotel. As the French say it is 'a deux pas' (two steps away) from all the action.

Located on the rue Dauphine, the moment you step out of the hotel you are right there at the happening rue Buci and a couple of blocks from the Blvd. St. Germain and its wonderful old-world cafes and nightlife.

Unique Quality: I had read so many excellent reviews of Le Regent that I had to see it for myself. The chance occured on my Feb. 2004 visit. I had actually thought of staying here prior, but decided to stay instead at the Hotel Verneuil (please see my Verneuil tips) which is in the vicinity. Therefore, via email correspondence, I knew the staff treated guests with courtesy and regard. It was true in person as well.

I walked into the small, glass paneled lobby, warm and cozy. The receptionist, a young lady, came over to greet me warmly. I told her that I would love to have a brochure and she gave me one with much enthusiasm.

One bit of advice I have gotten is to reserve either a Luxury room (20 sq. meters) or a Luxury Superior (23 sq. meters) room if you want space. Both types of rooms face the street and have two windows. The standard double rooms (approx. 12 sq. m.) face the rear and are pretty small.

• Ciaran27's Profile Photo

Basic but excellent

This is a small hotel in the opera area of paris, it's basic but met all our needs i.e. a bed to sleep in! Breakfast was what you would expect from any european establishment. It's in a quiet but up market area of Paris.

Unique Quality: Handy to the metro station and opposite a beautiful boulangerie. Excellent shopping near by if you like your designer lables.

• AcornMan's Profile Photo

Hotel le Regent: This is my closet, right?

I'm not exaggerating when I say the master bathroom in my house is substantially larger than the entire room I had at Hotel le Regent (and my bathroom at home isn't really all that big. The hotel is located very conveniently in St-Germain-des-Pres, which is an excellent location for exploring the entire city. However, our room was so laughably small that I wonder if maybe I got lost and stayed in the closet the whole time without realizing it was attached to an actual room. There was maybe one foot between the walls and the side of the bed, and possibly two feet between the wall and the foot of the bed. And the bathroom was so small that one had to sit sideways on the toilet because there was not enough room for a person's knees between the toilet seat and the wall. On the up side, it was a quiet place to stay and the air conditioning was a big plus because it got quite hot toward the end of our trip.

Directions: Just a short walk south from the western tip of Ile de la Cite on Rue Dauphine, which crosses the river at Pont Nuef.

Comments