Odeon

Odeon Hotel
Booking.com Travelocity AMOMA.com

• Loubna's Profile Photo

A Great Find in St Germain

The hotel is rated 3 star and is at the centre of St Germain. The rooms are the usual very small Paris style but each of them is very comfortable and is uniquely designed. The staff are very helpful and full of information. I would stay here again :o)
    The whole hotel has a WiFi connection, in the lobby and the rooms. A good touch to have a safe in every rooms.
    It takes about 40 minutes by RER from Charles de Gaulle and is near many stations and buses to the rest of Paris.

• CALSF's Profile Photo

Modern & Charming 3* Hotel

This was an unexpected stay. We were trying to cut expenses by staying in a 2* for the last half of our trip. Well, I must say that our first experience with a 2* was daunting so much that we moved out of the hotel the next day. That 2* hotel was the Michelet Odeon which I provided the review following this one.

We checked into the Michelet Odeon on 20th March and first thing on the 21st we went across the street to rue de l' Odeon to inquire at the Odeon Hotel. It was the nearest one to roll our suitcases easily. They had standard double rooms available but the rate of 170 euro was on the high side as we didn't plan on spending this much. However, while the sharp desk clerk wouldn't budge on his rate because I asked he did offer the breakfast included in the rates. Okay so then this brought the room cost down to 146 euro as two breakfasts cost 24 euro total. So 146 euro, while still high for the size of our standard double room, is fair considering the excellent St. Germain location. Besides we were desparate to leave the Michelet Odeon and get into a 3*. Plus we had to check out before the noon hour or we'd be charged for another day so luckily the Odeon Hotel was nearby.

The staff as I mention, the daytime desk clerk, is a bit on the arrogant side. The woman too is arrogant, but if you need them for the necessities and be as polite as usual, there is not a problem. Just get to the point with these folks and don't ask the same question more than once is how we felt. There are other 3* (and other hotels both less and higher rated) where the staff are very warm and friendly so it depends on your luck who you deal with. On the other hand, the night clerk was very courteous and on our final morning where we checked out at 6 a.m. with no Starbucks coffee to tide us over until getting to CDG, the clerk prepared us the full breakfast tray with steaming coffee and milk. We were grateful.

Therefore, I recommend this hotel for its excellent location and its rooms but its receptionists could be lots better.

Unique Quality: NOTE:
    I don't recommend booking the hotel if you do not like arrogant staff. The hotel itself is cozy and well-located so that's the tradeoff.

The standard double room we got (we had a choice of a room on the street or at the rear). We were told the rear room is slightly larger than the street facing room so we took the room at the back. It was on the 4th floor (#417) and still small as is typical for Paris. There was walking room around the bed and a small space to the bathroom. There was also a desk area attached to the wall next to the window which overlooked an ugly view of the next building. This is usually the case with 'courtyard' rooms. There were two chairs available next to the desk and due to the small space the TV was on a pole attached to the wall something I hate but have gotten used to it. The bathroom was small but very well equipped in marble with a nice shower and a shower curtain! However, the hair dryer was of the vacuum cleaner type and should be modernized. Lots of amenities such as Roger & Gallet toiletries, an emory board, and a sewing kit. It also had a toilet paper holder unlike the Michelet Odeon.

Breakfast is the standard Continental fare of croissant, small French roll, butter, jam, cheese, and coffee/tea/chocolat chaud, and milk. Orange juice is an extra 3 euro though. You could really do better going outside to the Relais Odeon across Blvd. St. Germain and just a two minute walk or so from the hotel. But since I got the breakfast 'free' we didn't go back to the Relais Odeon.

Location could not be more excellent. Across the street is Les Editeurs cafe and on the same side of the street a half block away is Le Comptoir, offshoot of the Relais St. Germain hotel, a very 'in' restaurant if you're into this sort of thing. Also there are tons of shops and cafes (e.g. Flore and Deux Magots) around, Marche St. Germain, and Starbucks is around the corner if you miss American style coffee.

Directions: Located at Carrefour de l' Odeon intersection

• carlitoab's Profile Photo

A fine hotel

I stayed there a few years back and was very impressed. It had a very personal feel about it. The staff remembered names and made us feel welcome at all hours.

The facilities were excellent. Good sized rooms and decent fittings.

Unique Quality: Perfect location - everything one could need is nearby

Directions: Odeon Metro,

More about Odeon

Actually all the restaurants...

by dndata_1

Actually all the restaurants in the Latin Quarter are great. Many are touristy but it is still a great place to eat and especially to people watch. My wife loves the Horse's Tavern across the street from Odeon hotel. I prefer to keep it simple ... crepes from the street vendors are a wonderful snack! They sure go great with Kronenbourg!

Starbucks (!)

by CALSF about Starbucks

Yes, I know what most of you are thinking, "Why Starbucks?" I think it's a question that both locals and Americans ask. But guess what? Starbucks on the Blvd. St. Germain does brisk business at all hours! Tourists and locals alike frequent it. Since it was right around the corner from the Odeon Hotel one night we felt like having a regular sized American coffee. It is expensive at 4.10 euro each (cafe mocha and cafe latte) for a medium size (moyen). But it was interesting to drink coffee from an American chain when in Paris. The cafe latte was heavier on the latte than on the cafe to my liking though.

Hotel Near Odeon/Luxembourg Gardens

by Flamaranian

My brother from the US is travelling to Paris for the first time next week and asked me to arrange a hotel for him since I live in Europe. My first choice, the Clos Medicis, is fully booked. I would like to find a hotel near Odeon/Luxembourg Gardens. I would like the hotel to be a bit special; it's his first trip to Paris and he is traveling with a special person.

He would like to pay approximately €150 a night. He would prefer to stay someplace with character rather than an American-style hotel.

Can you help?

RE: Hotel Near Odeon/Luxembourg Gardens

by zuriga

I think it's difficult finding something in this area at this late date. Le Fleurie is a very good place right at the Metro stop, but my guess is it will be full up. I booked something a few months in advance last visit and even then it was tough getting a reservation. Good luck!

RE: Hotel Near Odeon/Luxembourg Gardens

by Sjalen

This place still has rooms and an internet rate within his budget:

I've never stayed there myself but I know the location...

RE: RE: Hotel Near Odeon/Luxembourg Gardens

by CALSF

We stayed at the Odeon Hotel which is on rue de l'Odeon and very near to the Lux. Gardens and St. Sulpice. It's just a couple of blocks from Blvd. St. Germain and a favorite cafe of mine, Le Relais Odeon. Also it's a few steps away from Le Comptoir, a very popular restaurant. They still have availability for next week when I checked their online booking system.

Rooms are decorated individually and bathrooms are marble with shower curtains in the tub.

Comments