Perreyve

Expedia.com Booking.com Hotels.com

Costs 71% more than similarly rated 2 star hotels

More about Perreyve

Sleek!Sleek!

La Bastide d'Opio, a favorite in the 6emeLa Bastide d'Opio, a favorite in the 6eme

CatacombsCatacombs

La villa du poulbot.La villa du poulbot.

Help choosing a hotel

by smicki

Hi guys

Am trying to decide between these hotels and was hoping for some help:

The Hotel Delavigne is 3* and a bit more expensive but I stayed in the hotel next to it last year and liked the area. However, the others are not too far away and a bit cheaper .. any of you guys stayed in any of these hotels?

Hotel Delavigne
Hotel de la Sorbonne
Hotel des 3 Colleges
Hotel Cujas
Hotel Perreyve

A place to stay in PAris

by star1204

Can anyone recommend any CLEAN hotel for about $150 a night (near attractions)??
My sister and I are on a budget but can't bring ourselves to stay at a hostel!!!
It has to be clean and safe. I've looked through alot of website and review but can't decide. Some say its okay and clean and others say it a mess!!! Please help

by Gillybob

I think Tourisme Hotel will fit your needs - see pics and info with website link on my Paris tips. Its a short walk from the Eiffel Tower and has a Metro stop almost outside the front door. Enjoy your stay.

by rexvaughan

Another option is Grand Hotel des Balcons. It is in the 6th Arr., near the metro, easy walking distance from Luxembourg Gardens and Notre Dame and fits your budget. We stayed there a couple of years ago and plan to again later this year. Also, they have a wonderful full breakfast buffet which is extra but we thought well worth it.

by MadAboutParis

If you haven't found anything yet I have a few suggestions. We stayed last at Hotel de Vieux Marais - GREAT location and clean, contemporary rooms. The desk clerks were very helpful. (http://www.paris-hotel-vieux-marais.com/)
On our first trip we stayed at Hotel Perreyve (http://www.hotelperreyve.com/)
Other budget-minded friends have suggested Hotel Familia in the Latin Quarter.

Here are 2 great search engines for hotels:

Be sure to post your comments after you return!
Have a great trip,
Mary

by bisous333

Hotel Tiquetonne on rue Tiquetonne right next to Etienne Marcel Station Line 4 its about 50 euros per night for a double room with a shower. Its got a very good location as its in the heart of Paris and the owner is a nice guy too. Its not a fancy hotel if thats what you are looking for but I too stayed there when I couldn't bear going to a hostel. Clean and friendly is all that I needed.

Travel Tips for Paris

Try to see everything. But...

by k3apm

Try to see everything. But unless your are much quicker than I it doesn't seem possible in less than years of searching. My wife and I were there for three weeks and though we saw a lot, I'm sure there was a lot more we didn't see compared to what we did.

Sacre Coeur Basilica

by bugulma

There are 2 highest points in the city where you can see whole city or, at least, the city central part. The first is Tour Eiffel, the second is Sacre Coeur Basilica. You may get Basilica by metro, Anvers station, line 2. First of all you see this fantastic view, like on my picture. I recommend to go upstairs by feet (instead of funicular), then you'll be able to see the city on every level of your way to the top. As a prize, you have exciting view of Paris and Basilica, of course. The building of Basilica began in 1876. In 1919 it was sanctified.

Impromptu shows.

by pfsmalo

These shows are very off the cuff and can happen anywhere in Paris. When out and about, keep your ears and eyes open and you most certainly will come across an impromptu spot of song and dance somewhere. This one happened just in front of the Pantheon in the 5th.

Organ Auditions at Notre Dame (& Saint Eustache)

by OrlandoBR

One of the most enjoyable things to do in Paris is to attend the organ auditions at the Cathedral of Notre Dame. The place gets crowded and the tourists keep going around, in respectful silence. Nobody reacts with indifference to the sound of such a wonderful instrument. It sends chills up your spine when the lower keys make the ground shake and it seem like the all the glasses will break.

I find it best when my favorite Bach chorals are on the program, bien sûr...

There is another fantastic instrument at Saint Eustache (Les Halles) with regular organ recitals every Sunday. It's inconveniently scheduled for 5:15pm, so there's never time to run from Notre Dame to see it too.

Every Sunday at 4:30pm, Cathédrale de Notre-Dame.

Feeding Birds at Parvis de Notre Dame

by ChicBaby

The large square in front of Notre Dame is called Parvis. If you have kids with you, this is a great place for them to run around and let out some energy. There is the paved part where there will be a lot of tourist standing around taking pictures, and the gravel section where you will see the statue of Charlemagne. You will not miss that there are pigeons and tiny birds in the many bushes. The "professional" bird feeders come and feed them from the palm of their hands. The birds are tame and they also perch themselves on the shoulders and heads of the "professional" birdfeeders. Imagine a man surrounded and covered in birds! We always love feeding animals, so during our second visit back to the Parvis I feed the birds some crackers and stale bread. They feed from our hands, but not as much as the "professional" bird feeders. After our 4th visit, it seemed as if all roads led to Notre Dame on this trip! - One of the feeders showed us his secret: donuts! He gave us a donut and the birds came, ate from our hands and it was great! Our toddler loved it and other children were jealous because they wanted to get close to the birds too. So if you're at the square and need a little fun in between sights, feed the birds!

Comments