Premier Au Manoir Saint Germain De Pres Paris

153 Boulevard Saint Germain, 6th Arr., Paris, Ile-de-France, 75006, France

Au Manoir Saint Germain De Pres
Hotels.com Expedia.com Priceline.com

Costs 26% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Elegant and perfectly located !

We spent 10 days at this lovely hotel, and enjoyed every minute. The place is ideally located in the St Germain area, a short walk to the Seine and close to the Louvre, Musee d'Orsay, the Latin Quarter and the Jardins du Luxembourg. Our room on the 3rd floor was small but immaculate, with windows overlooking the Boulevard. I could have spent our time just sitting in that window, watching the Parisian life swirl below. Opposite is Cafe de Flore and Les Deux Magots, two classic Parisian cafes. Beautiful.

Our room was lovely, with pretty drapes and bed linen. Bathroom was perfectly designed and clean. The little dining room served a perfect breakfast every morning - always a delightful way to start the day. The staff were very helpful and cheerful.I'd highly recommend this hotel if you want a great Parisian experience as well as a place to sleep.

Unique Quality: Perfect location !

More about Paris

Élysée MontmartreÉlysée Montmartre

garden behind Notre Damegarden behind Notre Dame

the academie national de medicine.the academie national de medicine.

The cul-de-sac looking towards the entrance.The cul-de-sac looking towards the entrance.

lunch near the Louvre

by kteacher

Can anybody recommend someplace near the Louvre for a nice - but not outrageously expensive - lunch? We would like to find a place that will take a reservation. Thanks!

Re: lunch near the Louvre

by rexvaughan

I'll bet you didn't expect the first answer to be from Decatur, but it is a small world. Here is my suggestion with probably more details than you want:

After visiting the Louvre with our family, we walked up the rue de Rivoli about 10 minutes and had a wonderful lunch at Angelina's. It is a fine old (1903) belle epoch cafe with gilded mirrors adorning the walls, lovely tablecloths and a take out counter of eye popping confections. It has a wonderful elegance associated with affluent matrons and famous people, but even with a party of 10 we were courteously and promptly seated and served.

In my opinion the hot chocolate is not to be missed. It is so smooth and creamy it invites gulping rather than sipping and is served with a "mont blanc," a white mountain of whipped cream on the side. The cream thankfully is not sweetened so that it compliments the chocolate without competing with it. I had a truly delicious quiche lorraine as did several others and my son-in-law had a millefeuille a la vanille bourbon that he is still talking about a month later. The food is excellent but the chocolate is unbelievable (and normally I am not a hot chocolate fan).

Re: lunch near the Louvre

by lmkluque

I agree with Rex's suggestion of Angelina. It is a fantastic place to see and the food is delicious. However, I don't think it was inexpensive. Worth it still.

There is a place in Jardin des Tuileries that I had lunch at and it's near the Louvre, Dame Tartine. I think they do take reservations and when I went it seemed to be very popular. The TripAdvisor reviews were on the low side from what I could tell--they were written in French--but I really liked the place. Some of the walls were full glass so you could see the garden outside. As I remember, there was outside seating, but too cold on the day we went. You can read more about it on my Paris page in the Restraunt Tips section.

After eating at Dame Tartine, you might also walk over to Angelina for dessert. A great combination!

Travel Tips for Paris

Carte Musees - Monuments

by timtrina

If staying in Paris for more than a couple of days (as we did), it would be worth your while to purchase a "Carte Musees-Monuments" (Paris Museums / Monuments Card). We researched this card before we left Australia, and bought them on the 2nd day of our stay in Paris. The 5 day card (also available in 1 and 3 days), cost 54 Euro each, and allow access to almost every museum / monument that could be on your "To Visit" list. We purchased our cards at the Tourist Bureau on the Champs Elysees, and it certainly cut back any waiting time to get into places like the Louvre, Musee D'Orsay, etc., as it acts like a pre-paid ticket - hence you go through faster queues, etc. You can visit the official website with the entire lisiting of Museums / Monuments at : http://www.ratp.com

GETTING YOUR MONEY

by ForestqueenNYC

THIS IS NOT A FAVORITE THING, BUT A GENERAL TIP.

If you have an account at Bank of America, you can use the atm at PNB PARIBAS without having to pay a service charge.

If you have an American Express credit card, you should check with AE to see if you have check cashing privileges. If you do you can go to AMEX in Paris and cash your personal checks with no charge.

The Seine River

by matcrazy1

You can get a tour on Seine River by a ship (rather expensive or even very expensive) or just walk along the banks of the river. The Seine River in Paris looks amazing.

If any doubts look:
www.parispourvous.net/index.php?wpe=a33
www.parispourvous.com/index.php?wpe=a32

Speaking French...

by joits

Reading guidebooks to France, most of them said that you should at least try to speak French to the locals.

I took French several years ago, but forgot most of it. I found that as long as you stayed in the popular tourist spots, most of the French people spoke English. So what I did was just say "Bonjour" and then I spoke the rest in English. The guidebooks always said that the French would act rude to you if you only spoke English. Well I didn't reallly experience that. I did try Frernch as much as I could, but when I spoke English... I was still treated pretty well.

But... you should still try to speak French when you can. Its part of the experience.

Packing List

by kellensdad

You can certainly pack a suitcase. Consider a backpack. Goretex in winter is a must. nothing too out of the ordinary. Bring what you are comfortable with. I bought my best camera to capture the memories. If you bring a good camera, don't set it down or lose sight of it.

Comments