Relais du Marais

Rated 13% higher but also costs 26% more than other 2.5 star hotels

More about Relais du Marais

Very accomodating

by TripAdvisor Member kevin_vic81

My partner and I stayed at Hotel le Relais du Marais for 3 days near the end of October.
The greeting when we arrived was outstanding, making us feel right at home right from the very beginning. The staff was tremendously accomodating at all times and did whatever it took to meet our needs.
The location of the hotel is also great, situated a few minutes walk from some of the best shopping, restaurants, cafes and bars in the city.
We were very comfortable throughout our entire stay and are happy that we chose to stay at le Relais du Marais.

Very Enjoyable

by TripAdvisor Member holidayrocker

After reading the reviews on this website regarding the Relais du Marais, my partner and I decided to book for his 40th birthday. Although the rooms are quite small, they are very clean and presentable (would have loved tea/coffee making facilities in the room but hey it wasn't a major problem as they had a coffee machine in the Reception area but being typically English, after walking for miles around the attractions, to come back to the room and have a nice cup of tea would have made the trip to Paris perfect!)

The staff were not only very pleasant but also very helpful. Would recommend this hotel.

I am also glad that I booked the Relais du Marais, after reading this website, as I knew exactly what to expect when I arrived.

Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member SPARKY99

We just got home after a five night stay at the Le Relais du Marais Hotel in Paris, first of all the location could not have been better just 100 meters from Republique place and 30 meters from the Temple metro station. The room we had was on the 6th floor and had not long been refurbished so it was very clean and was a joy to be in, the breakfast could not have been better there was a lot to choose from which gave us a good start to the day.
The staff were all very nice and helpfull at all times so it made our stay one of the best ever, we look forward to our next stay in Paris and the Le Relais du Marais.

Best regards Geoff & Sandra
Green

Very happy with our stay

by TripAdvisor Member Ozwanderer

I booked this hotel after reading the TripAdvisor reviews.
We stayed 4 nights at the Le Relais du Marais in mid September 2006.
Our double room was small (but not tiny) but that's what we expected in cities such as Paris and London.

The double glazing on the windows kept the noise of the city traffic out which was a blessing and so we slept very well.

Friendly and helpful staff, quiet airconditioning, larger than expected modern bathroom with bath and shower and small balcony off the bathroom where we could open the french doors.
Breakfast was included in our rate and this too was good.

Very happy with our stay and would highly recommend this hotel.
Paris is all about walking and with a fantastic metro system, this is a good location.

excellent hotel in attractive place

by TripAdvisor Member asaf1234

i was afraid from the 2 stars hotels in paris. there were a lot of complaints about the hotels. i decided about this hotel from the reviews in tripadvisor and my select was just great. this is a very pleasant hotel, very cleaning rooms(they cleaned our room every day!!), the bed was very comfort, there was a porch to the road. the glasses of the windows were insulated to cold and noise. the breakfast was above the standard .the clerks beind the reception desk where very polite and useful .the location area is very good, central and safty. there are a lot of shops, bars, supermarket, restaurants around and of course...the metro. lot's of thanks to this hotel for making our 7 days trip in paris the best you can expect!!!!!! i'm shure if i will be agian in paris i'll stay in Relais du Marais!!!!!

Great Location, Friendly Staff

by TripAdvisor Member KennyMc

With a great location just off the lovely Place de Republique, this friendly hotel was a great base for our 3-day holiday in Paris.

The hotel is situated on Rue de Tubrigo(an off-shot of Rue de Temple) approx 300m from Place de Republique. There are two Metro stations located at either end of the street(Temple and Arts et Metiers) and the larger station at Republique is within easy walking distance.

The en-suite room was small enough but was well-maintained and comfortably warm. The room faced out onto the street with a view of the Place at the end of the street. Traffic can be heard at peak times(scooters in particular) but Rue de Tubrigo is generally not that busy.

The hotel staff are friendly and speak good english. Breakfast is served in the mornings until 10am and is included in the price.

Some advice: A good idea is to purchase the Paris Visite travel cards for the Metro and Bus services. This allows you to use the (very handy) Metro at anytime without having to worry about buying a ticket and looking for change for the ticket machine etc. We got the 3-day for 3-zones ticket. This costs about €18 and works for all the central metro lines.

The open top (I think they are called L'open top) bus tours are also a good way to see a lot of the city if you only are staying for a limited time. A one day ticket costs €25 and is valid for all of the lines, the best of which is the green line which takes you to all the major attractions (L'Arc de Triomphe, Louvre, Notre Dame etc.)

All in all, an enjoyable city break, greatly helped by our stay at the Relais du Marais.

Friendly Staff but very Noisy

by TripAdvisor Member thiag

The hotel is nice but not really in the center of the Marais, it is closer to La Republique. The rooms are very noisy due to door slamming. The rooms are close to one another and the doors when closing slam very strongly. So do not plan on sleeping after 7 am when guests start waking up or maids start cleaning the rooms.

Great Location

by TripAdvisor Member RoadSongs

Just stayed Mon13th Nov to Thurs Nov16th 2006

Have stayed at this Hotel 3 times over the last two year and love it more and more each time. Arriving by EuroStar from London getting off the the train till arriving at the hotel can be done in 15mins. The hotel is 90 seconds walk from Place du Republic Metro and its many metro lines and 10 seconds from Temple Metro which is good for many tourist attractions.

The staff all speak English and are the friendliest staff at any hotel I have stayed. The rooms are clean and good sized for Paris with very good size bathrooms. I cannot fault it.

Its just on the north/west part of the Marais the street is busy during the day but at night time is very quiet for Marais/Central Paris and I have only stayed in the front rooms.

Lots of tourist info maps/ places to visit in reception. You can walk to the Picasso museum and Carnavelet Museum in 10 mins and all the other Marais attractions

I am looking forward to my next visit early next year

stevefullerton@aol.com London

We really wanted to like it..........!

by TripAdvisor Member Obafemi28

You need to know about the noise! The electronic door locks are like an alarm bell. You can hear every door open and every step in the corridor as if it is inside your room. The shower sprays the whole bathroom. This is the most basic of hotels, no style no luxury but it is very clean. The staff are very helpful and pleasant. I would like to say good things about it because of the location on the metro and because of the friendly staff but I would not return.
Only in France could you be inhaling cigarette smoke at 6am from the room next door.

Hotel Relais du Marais in 3rd District

by baraktur

Hi everyone,

I'm planning to visit Paris next week and ordered a room in Relais du Marais (in 3rd disctrict). Is this neighbourhood safe for a girl returning from the metro station (Republique) to the hotel at nights?

Thanks a lot,

Alexandra

Re: Hotel Relais du Marais in 3rd District

by tortue

Hi Alexandra, I live in Paris, and I can tell you that the 3rd district is usually safe any time. I'm a girl too, and I don't mind going there by nignt or taking the tube. But, don't forget that any place can be unsafe by night especially for a girl on her own... Have a nice trip in Paris
Tortue

Re: Re: Hotel Relais du Marais in 3rd District

by Hamster_Huey

You shouldn't have any problem. Subway service stops pretty early (around half past midnight, quarter to one), so you won't be in the street late at night anyway.

Comments