31 rue Albert Thomas, Paris, Ile-de-France, 75010, France

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 59% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• worldglobetrotter's Profile Photo

Centrally-located hotel

Granted, it's no Hilton, but the Republique Hotel is a charming little hotel, near a number of metro stops and great restaurants. The majority of the desk personnel speak at least some English and are very accommodating. The rooms are small, which is standard. A continental breakfast is available. There are a number of shops around, including two grocery stores, a fabulous shoe store, a wedding dress boutique (and they are so inexpensive!), an ATM and even a McDonalds.
    We've stayed here five times in the past six years and haven't had a problem (except for the newlyweds one year...the walls aren't the thickest).

The last I checked, the rates are as follows:
    Single---50-61 Euros
    Double--60-71 Euros
    Triple----70-81 Euros
    Family---90-100 Euros

Unique Quality: While there is no pool, it's still a great place to crash. It's located near three Metro stops, there is an ATM across the street for fast cash. The Maya, excellent restaurant, is located right across the street. There are two grocery stores in case you want to grab a snack or a Pepsi. The hotel caters to a wide variety of travelers...from French to American to British to German, etc, the list goes on. It is a very clean hotel...friendly staff.

Only prob we had the last time was that they did not tell us upfront that there would be charges each time we used the phone, even though we used telephone cards. This was the 1st time that we've been charged. Next time, I hope they post it somewhere.

Directions: Charles-de-Gaulle Airport : Take RER B direction Paris until Gare du Nord and then metro line 5, direction Place d'Italie. Get off at République.

• Cheap Comfort

I have stayed at this hotel twice and I liked it. It is nothing to write home about but if you are on a budget travel and want to be close by to everything this is where to stay. The bathrooms are all new and very clean (which is my main concern when choosing a lesser star hotel)

• RichardBlaine's Profile Photo

Good Value, Convenient Location

First time in a Paris Hotel for us. In the past, we have been at the Bois de Boulogne Camp. We had a room on the 5th floor, and the tiny elevator was really handy for going UP. We usually walked down. The bed was very comfortable, the bathroom agreeable, the staff friendly, and the breakfast very good. A good value. Internet access in the breakfast room/main floor. Telephones in the room. Metro station close by.

• Hotel Republique

A simple little hotel 100 meters away from Metro Republique (major transportation hub). Clean, simple relatively easy to get to from CDG airport via Roissybus and then 2 stops on metro.

Unique Quality: Nothing exceptional - just inexpensive, nice place. Ask for a room with balcony on 5 floor.

Directions: http://www.paris-hotel-republique.com/english/main.htm

• Brandie_Ann's Profile Photo

All prices: Euros/Dollars
    Single room: 55/50
    Double room: 65/57
    Triple room: 75/70

Unique Quality: This is a cozy little hotel, near many Metro stops. It's pretty close to the Pere Lachaise Cemetary (burial site of such notables as Chopin and Jim Morrison). It's just around the corner from two little grocery stores, several cafes, a Quik (Paris's answer to McDonalds), a McDonalds, a shoe store, and an ATM machine. What more could you ask for? And there's a beautiful statue at the square.

• viajera67's Profile Photo

Hotel Republique

380 FF (about $50) for a double room.

Unique Quality: Clean, convenient and CHEAP! This hotel is not in a very touristy area, but it's convenient by metro to all. Or, you can walk around the area and find a restaurant or bar that doesn't have an English menu (a good sign for me!)

More about Republique Hotel

Are hostels safe?

by Kevin72

I'm a 31 year old American male who will be traveling to Paris and Amsterdam alone in June. I'd like to stay at a hostel, so hopefully I can meet people and save money. Should I be concerned about people trying to steal my stuff or worse?

Also, I plan on doing a fair amount of partying; however, can I expect to get any sleep, or does it depend on which hostel I stay at?

Also, at 31, will I be too old to stay at a youth hostel?

Re: Are hostels safe?

by Arial_27

It's true that there is an increased risk of your belongings going missing at hostels than at hotels.
You should try to find a hostel that provides safety deposit boxes. I always bring a lock for my suitcase when I travel. At night lock all your belongings into your suitcase instead of leaving them lying around.
Every hostel has their own rules (I know because I've done a lot of research, because I'm in the same boat as you right now) but at 31 you probably aren't too old yet. Most of them were for people 18-35 or around there. so you're safe.
It's a great way to meat people, although I think you'll be doing most of your partying outside of the hostel (because some of them have curfews.) Anyway, I hope I helped.
Have a nice trip :)

Re: Are hostels safe?

by Tahirpk

hello i know many ppl who stayed at hostels in paris and found them safe but that was ages ago and they were all 20 yr old.. to be honest i suggest you find a nice 2* hotel. check hotel republique or another. They tend to be value for money and you wont have to take any risks.
Bon voyage!