20 rue Berthollet, Paris, 75005, France
Travelocity Booking.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Seven Hotel Paris

Traffic within ParisTraffic within Paris

My vinger on the top!My vinger on the top!

la Grande Synagogue de la Victoire, Apr 2010la Grande Synagogue de la Victoire, Apr 2010

Unbelievable colour.......Unbelievable colour.......

Accommodation and sight seeing

by gautamb

I will arrive in the evening, will colect a carnet of 10 and just wanna pass the night in a Hotel so that the next morning I can check out from the hotel and browse the city before finally taking my retun bus from 11e.
So which arrondism.. should i look for the cheapest hotel(if it exists), no matter if I hav to travel an hour as I hav the pass.

Also how should i visit the places of interest(on foot or metro) and what are the places should i must see, so that lastly i arrive at the 11e bus station.

Re: Accommodation and sight seeing

by ExParisian

I wouldn't seek out the cheapest hotels in Paris if I were you, these places are no-star hovels which sometimes double up as knocking shops. Charming introduction to Paris!
However, the Hotel des Chansonniers is a very good place in a good location (lively Oberkampf) not far from your point of arrival (which incidentally is not in the 11th but just outside the 20th in Bagnolet -if you mean the Gare Internationale Routière at Bagnolet), €37 for a single/night, only 3 metro stops from your point of arrival (get off at Père Lachaise)

Some hotels in central Paris are very cheap (€30/€40 single/night) and all very well located:

Hotel de Lille (1st)
Hotel de Rouen (1st)
Hotel Rivoli (1st) -said to be great
Hotel Tiquetonne (2nd)
Hotel du Commerce (5th)
Hotel des Allies (5th)

Travel Tips for Paris

My experiance was individal; ...

by Cabin2000

My experiance was individal; On a momentd notice I boarded a plane and Traveled frome Eastern Canada to Western Europe. The flight was flawless......
Upon my arrival at Charles Degall Airport I was immedisrely overwelemed by the hospitality of the locals. A quick bus ride brought me to the downtown core, via the largest subway systeme I have ever seen, ( and I've seen a lot ). My first incounter of Paris was the Iffle Tower; Magnifisent my any strech of anyones emagineation. I immediately took the elevator to the uper most observation level and viewed what I considered lifes achivement instantly. For here I was at the top of the world in Europe. The place where history intrenched it self at the beging of time. An apsolute must see when in Europe. This is secound to none. a must see when in Europe. Over all I would have to say that the night live in Paris is really good, But ; there are many more interesting and plesing plases to visit in Central Europe. The Early wie hours of the mourning cafe's are very personal and hospitable. I was able to walk leasurely throught out the city any hour of the day or night and never have a fear. ( unlike other countries I have visited ).

Good background reading and entertaining too.

by rexvaughan

Almost French by Sarah Turnbull is a love story, but more the journey of a young Australian woman to become a part of France as she marries a Frenchman and moves to Paris. I found it entertaining and amusing and enjoyed seeing a bit inside French culture and family life and the difficulty of becoming a part of it. An amusing example is that her husband is appalled when she wears her sweat pants to pick up her morning baguette because it is not nice for the baker. Good insights and entertaining peek into French attitudes and social mores.

Crepes

by malianrob

There are all types of different Crepes in Paris. I was surprised though that they didnt make them with real fruit. For example strawberry crepes were made with strawberry jam. They were fairly inexpensive. We did though have some haagen daz crepes that were pricey but very good.
They sold crepes everywhere so they are not hard to find.

During the month of August

by cochinjew

You dont have to pay to park your car in the street. Normally it would say Payant and you go to a machine and pay your euros and get a print out and display it on your dashboard.. but not during the month of august.. I am sure the inspectors are having holiday as welll.. Love this country for looking after its workers..

Tour de France

by emilybcn

I was extremely lucky to arrive in Paris the same day that the tour de France ended. I watched in awe as Lance Armstrong won his sixth tour de france it was a great day for all the Americans and Texans in attendance, I do have to admit that the rest of the crowd didn't quite appreciate him as much as we did. Still I as happy to be there and impressed by the spectacle of the tour de france which finished dramatically on the Champs d'ellyses.

Comments