Villa des Princes

19 rue Monsieur le Prince, (formerly Villa des Princes) Paris, Ile-de-France, 75006, France
Travelocity Booking.com Hotels.com

Costs 31% more than similarly rated 2 star hotels

More about Paris

CAVIAR LATIANCAVIAR LATIAN

Les Invalides - Napoleon IILes Invalides - Napoleon II

Pompidou Centre escaltors at nightPompidou Centre escaltors at night

Magnificent windows of Ste Chapelle, Oct 09Magnificent windows of Ste Chapelle, Oct 09

Le passe Navigo découverte

by Archway

Hi. I wonder if anyone could confirm the following for me. I'm under the impression that I can buy the Le passe Navigo découverte up until midnight on a Wednesday. Is this correct? I'll be arriving in Paris early on a Tuesday morning and would like to buy the Le passe Navigo découverte then.

What I would fine extremely useful if anyone could tell me where I can find confirmation of this (in French) on the RATP site (www.ratp.info) or perhaps the Transilien site (http://www.transilien.com/web/site/lang/fr).

Many thanks

by pedroswift

http://www.ratp.info/informer/passe_navigo_orange.php may be a starting point. Remember to have the required photo.

by Archway

Many thanks for your reply. I looked at that page yesterday, and unfortunatedly I don't think it states anything about the period in which you can buy it. I could be wrong though. My French is very basic.

I read on other websites that you can buy it up till Wednesday, but I would like official confirmation, which is why I was hoping to find it on the RATP site.

by pedroswift

There are two things involved in discussing the subject: 1. purchase of the hardware ie the plastic pass which can be done, as far as I can see, anytime .
2.The scope of the pass (the software). Loading it with the current week's credit is available until Thursday. On Fridays, credit goes to the following week.
As Pedro(mar) says a carnet of 10 tickets may suffice especially if you are not going back to Paris on a regular basis during the life of the plastic bit(10yrs).

by Archway

Many thanks for your replies. Apologies, I didn't give you all the info. I already have the pass (hardware+photo). I bought it when I was in Paris a few months ago. All I have to do now is the load the Navigo Semaine on it when I get to Paris.

I will be criss-crossing Paris frequently during my visit, so the Navigo découverte will be the best option for me. I know I will miss a day (Monday), but I just wanted to make sure that I can still load the Navigo Semaine onto the pass on a Tuesday.

by gracejoan

You will not be able to use the machines to load it with a US credit card..no chip! Just go to the window and they will load it for you.

I havfe a Navigo and use it all the time. Just returned from 6 weeks in PAris.

Enjoy..

Joan

Travel Tips for Paris

Visit The Louvre museum. If...

by Zlur

Visit The Louvre museum. If you are an art lover, like i am, then you will be impressed at what you will find here. You need more than a day to visit it as it is never-ending! Plus, seeing the original Mona Lisa will send shivers down your spine..well, it did for me anyway! :) You're not supposed to take photographs, but as you can see, i did! teehee.. Taking a walk in the Tuileries garden. It's a place where you can relax, and get away from the city for just a while... you can take a ride on the ferris wheel, and take in all the beautiful sights from above! Then, you HAVE to taste the delicious crepes with melted chocolat!! mmmmm...divine!

EIFFEL TOWER AREA

by nygaston

EIFFEL TOWER 11am-11pm
PALAIS de CHAILLOT (Trocadero)
MUSEE GUIMET
ARC de TRIOMPHE 10am-10pm
CHAMPS ELYSEES (Walk)
LE FOUQUET's (Restaurant) CINEMATHEQUE (French movies)
7 avenue Albert de Mun
Tel 01 4704 2424

Gallerie des Champs Elysées

by Klod5

Si vous avez beaucoup d'argent à dépenser, ou si vous avez simplement envie de rêver ("Ah si j'étais riche ... !" - penser que l'on est milliardaire ou star...), vous ne devez pas manquer d'aller à la galerie des Champs Elysées, sur le côté droit lorsque vous allez de la Place de la Concorde, vers l'Étoile.
Cette galerie commerciale, regroupe des boutiques dites "de luxe", plus spécialement orientés vers les touristes. Les véritables boutiques de luxe sont plus dans le XVIème arrondissement de Paris. Vous trouverez là beaucoup de souvenirs, de grandes marques, des foulards et des accessoires... If you have a lot of money to spend, or if you want merely to dream (" Ah if I was rich...!" - to think that one is multimillionaire or star...), you must not fail to go to the gallery of the Champs Elysée avenue, on the right side when you go from the Place de la Concorde, toward the etoile Place.
This commercial gallery, regroup some boutiques say " luxury ", more especially oriented toward the tourists. The real boutiques of luxury are more in the XVIth precinct of Paris. You will find there a lot of memories, of big marks, the scarfs and accessories...

The Interiors Of Notre Dame de Paris...

by coceng

The Cathedral of Notre Dame has been tipped as 'World Ambassador of Gothic Cathedrals' !
It was constructed in 3 stages & was completed in 1250...
The photos all taken by me amidst of my own hectic schedules in seeing as many Paris sights as possible...

Window Wonderland

by queenpud

Christmas decoration is an art in Paris. It begins in December. The street lights in the Champs Elysées are always lovely. Shops and the large department stores "Grand Magasin" such as Galeries Lafayette and Printemps compete to exel and outdo each otherl. My favourite however is Printemps. It's windows display various animations of different themes & tales. It's childhood revisited.

view a glimpse of last years theme

Address: Printemps, 64 Blvd Haussman, 75009