101 South Adams Street, Tallahassee, Florida, 32301-7774, United States

Expedia.com Booking.com Doubletree.com

Costs 27% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• doug48's Profile Photo

downtown

the tallahassee doubletree hotel is located downtown just walking distance to the capitol complex. the doubletree offers all of the amenities of a better business type hotel. there is a restaurant and bar on permises. the main feature of this hotel is it's excellent location for visitors to the state government buildings. there is a $6 daily parking fee in addition to the room rate. also like most hotels in tallahassee there is a two night minimum on fsu football weekends. i would recommend this hotel to business travelers to tallahassee.

Directions: downtown, a block north from the capitol

• karenincalifornia's Profile Photo

In the Heart of the City

The Doubletree is a perfect place to stay if you want to be right in the heart of downtown. It is within walking distance of the State Capitol as well as several museums and restaurants.

The room was nice and suited my needs quite well. The staff, who were mostly FSU students, were very friendly.

Be aware that the hotel books up early on nights of FSU home games. The staff told me that the hotel completely sells out within five hours of release of the FSU football schedule. When I made my reservation, the reservation clerk automatically assumed I was visiting Tallahassee only for the game, which I thought was rather funny. I swear, in this city's opinion, football is the only thing to live for.

Unique Quality: Nice view of the city. Comfortable room, tasty chocolate chip cookie upon check in, nice showers. FSU football photo gallery in the lobby.

• 850prc's Profile Photo

If you want to stay in downtown Tallahassee...

I live in Tallahassee, so I've never actually stayed at the Doubletree. I stayed in the building a long time ago, when it was owned by Hilton. But, let's face it....a Doubletree Hotel is a Doubletree Hotel. You know what you're going to get, and it's fine.

Unique Quality: Doubletree's signature "hot chocolate chip cookies" at check-in.

Meeting and Banquet facilities

Cardio fitness center/exercise room(s)

Outdoor pool (nice in summer!)

Free TLH airport pickup/transportation.

Directions: Hotel is right downtown, on Adams Street. From the capital (Monroe Street), you proceed 1 block west to Adams and then about 3 blocks north, to the intersection of Adams and Park Avenue.

More about Doubletree Hotel Tallahassee

Loved Doubletree Tallahassee

by TripAdvisor Member tathedj

Had a great stay for business at the Doubletree. Very convenient right in heart of downtown. Found it to be clean, comfortable, with nice friendly staff. Room was ready early and had no problems with parking valet. Very quiet rooms --- just had a great stay and was surprised by other reviews. Glad it was a good one. Appreciate other reviews every time we travel!

Skip the Doubletree for the summer!!!!!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member MadamMim

We contacted the Hotel through a special that was being offered.
It gave us two free Starbucks per day. The frontdesk gentleman did not know about this special and asked us to check back in a few hours. When we checked back the employees had change shifts and the new desk clerk said they would be delivered to our room. At 10:30 pm we once again went to the front desk to request our Starbuck coupons and finally we were given them. Of course the Starbucks located conveniently in the lobby was closed. LUCKY THERE WAS A PROBLEM WITH THE COUPONS BECAUSE THERE WAS A SIGN ON THE FRONT DESK STATING THAT THE WATER WOULD BE OFF FROM 11PM TO 5AM. By the time we got up to our room we had 20 minutes for our entire group to shower. The reason being the elevators were being worked on so there was only one working elevator and it was very slow. Our room keys kept having to be reactivated the entire stay. Construction went on until 2:30 am and stared around 8:30 am. We met some guest that were so upset that they did not get any sleep. We checked out without any problem but will not stay there again. Cookies were good tho.

Good Location BUT Poorly Staffed and Needs Work

by TripAdvisor Member azogal

We stayed here for a wedding June 21-24, 2007. Since this hotel was chosen for the wedding I did not read the tripadvisor reviews before our stay, but the reviews here are very accurate.

This hotel is nicely located across from a small park (Farmer's Market on Saturday) and is within easy walking distance from much of the FSU campus, Capital, and some nice restaurants such as Andrew's and Jasmine Cafe (Cool Grindz next door is closed now). We found the hotel to be quiet and and neighborhood around the hotel was quiet. (Some people had problems with construction noise.) We were on the 14th Floor which is the Hilton Hhonors floor, but the rest of the wedding block was on the 5th floor. The rooms were decorated nicely and were clean. The HiltonHhonors rooms had refrigerators, but the rooms on the 5th floor did not. No rooms appeared to have in-room safes. Even though, there were many problems with the hotel, the service and food associated with the wedding and reception were fine so the bride and groom were happy.

Since we were with a group, we could compare our experiences and much time was spent complaining about the hotel. I think this is an old hotel so there was lots of construction which caused some of the negatives. Now for the negatives:

1. On two different days, on 2 different floors, the fuse blew while we were blow drying our hair. The first day the power was back on in 5 minutes. The second day, while we were getting ready for the wedding, it took closer to 30 minutes.

2. Water was turned off after 11 pm the first night.

3. One elevator was being replaced so only 2 were working and they were VERY, VERY slow.

4. The card reader to the parking garage ($6/night) only read the room keys about 50% of the time.

5. The pool area had lots of chairs, but no umbrellas on the tables so there was no shade at all.

6. The fitness center was under construction, so my husband was told to use the Church across the street. The front desk staff didn't provide better directions than that and didn't seem to know the hours of the fitness center at the church. This wasn't surprising since the front desk didn't seem to be able to answer any questions. When I checked in, they asked if I had a car so they could charge me, but did not spontaneously give me directions to the parking garage. No one at the front desk seemed to either know anything or spontaneously provide helpful information like directions.

7. Closet door was off the track and didn't work properly.

8. Our room had an iron, but no ironing board.

9. Water never came just out of the shower, but dripped out of the tub while the shower was running. It took some fussing to get decent shower pressure.

10. The restaurant seemed slow. The first night the service at the bar was bad. The second night they wouldn't seat some of us for drinks in the evening. I also noticed that during the time when our wedding reception meal would have been prepared and served, the restaurant was closed (and some of the nearby restaurants weren't open on the weekend). My husband went into the kitchen to get the wedding flowers from the fridge there and he said the kitchen was really dirty.

11. The shuttle was supposed to pick up someone at the airport and they were 45 minutes late. The driver's excuse was that he couldn't find his keys.

In general, I was surprised that a Doubletree would be so poorly run.

Loved our stay!

by TripAdvisor Member bassigirl

Booked through Hotwire for $50 (we were just spending one night on way to Destin) and we had a great experience. Found hotel easily (thanks to other reviewers!) and were greeted immediately by very nice staff. Had a very comfortable, almost posh room --- nice view of city, very big room, the most comfortable beds, very clean. Next morning I went downstairs to purchase milk and juice, but found they did not have milk at the "gift shop" which mostly consists of a cooler of cokes and juices and candy bars. But there was a coffee stand nearby and she gave me a huge 12 ounce cup of milk with the purchase of 2 juices and a muffin! Wished we'd stayed longer it was so much better than our Destin hotel!

Give it a chance

by TripAdvisor Member Cason

I was a little wary about booking here after seeing the reviews, but didn't have many other options in the area. I'm happy to report that they must be improving. There may still be some renovation (only 1 elevator was working & a collegue told me that the water was turned off between 11:00 pm and 1:00 a.m.) but the staff was very nice , the room was clean and room service was good. The hallways are a little "worn"....but hey, we don't sleep in the halls. The WORST thing I can say is that the A/C dehumidifier didn't seem to work properly. I'll book there next trip

Worst service ever received at a hotel

by TripAdvisor Member JennieHernandez

I decided to attend my old friends wedding the weekend of July 21, 2007. My significant other and I decided to stay at the Doubletree since the wedding reception was to be held there. We were excited because we got a great deal on a king room. When we first checked in, we went to shower and there was NO bath towels in the bathroom, only face towls & wash clothes. We call the front desk 4 times, and to no avail did not get any towels. The floor was stained, and the showerhead was defective. To add the dismay, the grooms suite had the AC broken and the hotel was unable to assist them with further accomidations. The afternoon of the wedding, I was able to speak to a manager that seemed appologetic, but it was a little too late. Also, when housekeeping did clean and did place towels on the wedding day, they did not replace the complementary toiletries.
Luckily I have family I can stay with for future visits to Tallahassee, but I strongly don't recommend this hotel.

Comments