Helen Hotels

Our Members Say

• jmpncsu profile photo jmpncsu
  • Reviews: 274

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Riverbend Motel & Cabins: Lovely Stay on Chattahoochee River

My wife and I stayed at Riverbend Motel & Cabins for a week while we explored the area looking for waterfalls. We had a very nice stay. The rooms were nice. Nothing luxurious, but they were clean, had comfortable beds, and decent showers. The staff at the front desk were very friendly and helpful when we had questions, and even remembered our names over the week we stayed there. They don't provide a real breakfast, but had coffee and pastries every morning. Given the low price, the location of the motel is great. It's right in "downtown" Helen, so all the shops and restaurants are within easy walking distance. We visited in March during the off-season. I imagine during peak tourist season, driving in Helen would be awful, so being able to leave the car at the motel and walk everyone in town is great. As the name suggests, the motel is right at a bend in the Chattahoochee River and is very scenic. They have swings right along the river and we saw people fishing in the river as well. Overall, we had a great stay and would stay here again the next time we visit Helen.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written April 17, 2014

Riverbend Motel

• dustmon profile photo dustmon
  • Reviews: 1122

Riverbend Motel and Cabins: on the river

Motel rooms or cabins on the Chattahoochee River, there are options here---riverfront rooms in the motel with flat screen TVs and lots of play area for the kids...the cabins are also on the river , some with fireplaces, jaccuzzis and hot tubs. Prices vary according to the season so chack the website for deals-----

on the river

• Related to: Seniors, Family Travel, Budget Travel
  • Written September 18, 2011

Riverbend Cabins on the River

Dillard Chalet Village: Chalets in the hills

We did not stay. WE do know the area places to stay, however. In past trips, this is a popular hangout for the ski crowd in the winter that go to Maggie Valley ski area. It is right over the border of Georgia in North Carolina. Prices all spike up in the winter, and during peak summer season.

They have 25 "chalet" village unit/cottages, as well as 70 rooms in the motel that is part of the main building. The history is unique, so the stay can be memorable. In 1747, Dillard got acreage as a grant for fighting in the Revolutionary War. They cultivated, but also used as as way stop and inn. In 1917, CArrie Dillard started the current day place and expanded enormously.
Hotel rooms would run $80-150 depending on season. The cottages/chalets are $150-250 mostly in price range.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Arts and Culture, Historical Travel
  • Written January 30, 2009

Sign off highway directing to Dillard House

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

There are many to seek: CAbins in the area

The stay in the past was fine for the needs, even though if you want to walk to town, you need to be closer in

In the old days, you could choose the type of unit you want. More demand lately has brought about looking harder to find a place to stay near Helen. Places on Lake Burton. Lake Lanier, or Tallulah Falls are close by.

• Related to: Architecture, Arts and Culture
  • Written January 24, 2009

Boat Dock on inlet

Heidelberg Inn: Right in the MIddle of Town

Had not stayed here but heard the people are friendly and accomodating

Great location right in the middle of the activity. That is good and bad. It could get quite noisy at times, especially at Octoberfest that goes for 6 weeks. On the other hand, you do not have to drive anywhere. They also have a large restaurant on the bottom level. It features the German fare.

• Related to: Architecture, Arts and Culture, Historical Travel
  • Written January 24, 2009
Tip Photo

View of Inn at the square

• MysteryTraveler64 profile photo MysteryTraveler64
  • Reviews: 1

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Alpenhof: Watch your Wallet, They like too

Get you price quotes of rooms in writing by fax, email, letter before staying there. I recently stayed on 4th of July for two nights. I was told by phone (no confirmation # given means they can charge you anything at the rate they want, it doesn't lock it in) when making reservations stay first night, get second night half off (I have AAA and this rate was even better then that they said). Okay, so I went for it, then got a different rate on arrival a little more then originally quoted but can deal with it. (we had stayed here before and it was an okay place) then on our last day, I get a call saying my bill was wrong and was even quoted a higher rate (over $100) and that I would have to pay it and then pay for another night or leave. When I got to the reservation desk a young woman was there wanting to check in for her quoted amount she received that morning, physically and verbally from the previous desk lady on duty. The owners son stated that was wrongly quoted and could not have the room quoted at that price (difference of $40). The woman described the lady that had given her the quote, they didn't honor it, she left. I had asked for my price changes and reasons in writing, they refused to give it. So now my receipt does not match what I have paid by CC......I also spk2 to the owner about what he quoted me originally by phone July 2nd and he said that would be stupid to do give me that price, he didn't say that. (should have stuck to AAA quote it would have been cheaper in end). The owner would even work with THEIR ERROR and basically called me a liar. So like the woman before me, keep an eye on your wallet because they appear to be too and want to get as much as they can without giving you reasons/rates/charges in writing.....I have read other people on another site also this happened too at this same hotel. Well I witnessed it, experienced it, and have read about the quote rate change game.

Luring in people with their great rates then adding charges and not putting them on receipts, therefore just charging what they want once you are there an uppacked and enjoying your trip.

• Opinion of Price: most expensive