3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

301 Savannah Highway, U.S. Highway 17, Charleston, South Carolina, 29407, United States

IHG Expedia.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3.5 star hotels

• Great view of the harbor and good price

Nice Holiday Inn and the price was good for Charleston. Easy to get in and out of the parking lot. Free breakfast buffet for Priority Club members. Nice room, good bed, working wi-fi. Will definitely stay again.

Unique Quality: Great view from our top floor room!

• mpeagler's Profile Photo

Charleston's Great View

The Room was great, Service was outstanding. The shuttle was easy but, hot. The Balcony was closed off but the view was great from the room and from the restaurant. The price and check out was easy but, the breakfast buffet at the hotel was overpriced. I would reccommend it if you enjoying great views to avoid the high prices of the beach or the downtown.

Unique Quality: Great Views!!! The shuttle was easy!! Staff was helpful!!!

Directions: Across the Ashley River from Downtown

• wonderful views, outside of Charleston......

This was a typical Holiday Inn... not too bad. It only takes about 10 minutes to get to downtown from this hotel.

Unique Quality: It was very scary to be on the balcony off of the hotel room. We were very high up, and the balcony was very small and the gaurd railing didn't seem safe at all. I was afraid to let my son sleep close to the balcony door! But other than that this was a nice place to stay. And the view was just fabulous of the Ashley.

Directions: West Ashley

• tatyanap's Profile Photo

Nice and Affordable

Very clean! Friendly! Free shuttle allowed us enjoy Charleston w/out driving. I would stay there again!

Unique Quality: The Holiday Inn Charleston Riverview is a unique 14-story circular high rise hotel located on the banks of the Ashley River overlooking the sky lights of historic Charleston.

The Harborview Restaurant and High Spirits Lounge, located on the 14th floor, offers guests the most spectacular panoramic view of Charleston.

Additional features are a seasonal outdoor pool, ample free parking and courtesy shuttle to downtown Charleston.

More about Holiday Inn Charleston Riverview

There are so many good places...

by Stevel47

There are so many good places to stay that it would be impossible to list them all here. Some people prefer to book their accommodations in the Historic District which tends to be a bit more expensive than the other areas. The types of lodging are as diverse as the price ranges. Then there are the resorts on Kiawah and Wild Dunes that are an experience all their own.

link directly to over 100 Charleston area hotels, motels, inns, B&Bs and resort rental web pages. The properties are divided by geographic area. It is amazing how many people arrive in Charleston without having booked reservations. During the two peak seasons (March-May and September-October) or during one of Charleston's many special events,(i.e. Southeastern Wildlife, Spoleto, Tour of Homes) vacancies are hard to find.
If you wind up searching for a room at the last minute, rates are sometimes HIGHER not lower.
Off peak times are November thru mid-February (excluding holiday weeks) and the summer months.

US Hotel Discounts

by bfairall about Hilton

For those looking to book hotels in the USA, if you visit usaluge.org you can save 10% off of the best available rate at Hilton Family Hotels. They also guarantee that you won’t find a lower rate on any other non Hilton Family website, if you do find a lower rate they will match the rate and give you a $50 reward. Just click on the Hilton logo on the homepage of usaluge.org.

Budget Choice of the Marriott Chain

by Stephen-KarenConn about Fairfield Inn

Marriott, which had its beginnings in Washington, DC, is one of the best known names in hotels worldwide. There are several different lines of fine hotels under the Marriott banner. Fairfield Inn is their least expensive brand. It has the same excellent quality and and service you would expect in any first class hotel, but is not quite as posh as some of the regular Marriotts. Although Fairfield is the cheapest of the Marriotts, it is still more expensive than many economy hotels and motels you can find. Stay here if you want the best possible room for the least possible price.

Fairfield Inn makes good on their promise to always give you extra space, crisp linens, free high-speed Internet access, complimentary breakfast — plus guest-designed features like ergonomic work areas, all with Marriott's responsive service.

I have had the privilege of staying at Fairfield Inns in several cities and have always been very pleased with my accomodations.

CHEAP HOTELS

by shivan

every single three-citizens hole in America is filled with motels belonging to the following companies:

-MOTEL 6
- SUPER 8
- DAYS INN
- TRAVELODGE
just to name the cheapest ones, so, unless you are heading toward remote locations where almost no towns are available within miles OR you want a 5 stars service, don't worry about accomodation, never.

Best Western

by b1bob about Best Western

I have stayed at a Best Western on two occasions. The first time was a business trip to Emporia, Virginia in January, 2001. The second was when Lee and I went to Covington, Virginia for a tournament of the baseball team he coaches in May, 2006. On restaurants, I expect a lot, but I'm not picky on hotels. All I need are a clean room, a clean loo, a comfortable bed and a telly. My only quibble with the Covington property was the air conditioning unit was so noisy. It has that and more. Besides the pictured pool, it provides registered guests with certain things like toothbrush, toothpaste, and other things commonly forgotten. That really came in handy when I forgot my toiletry bag.

sometimes the best is the cheapest

by richiecdisc about Camping USA National Park-style

The United States has a form of accommodation for all types of people and all pocketbooks. From swank Five Star Hotels to roadside fleabags, you'll find what you are looking for. As a rule, rooms are not particularly great value compared to similar level countries. But one area where the USA beats the rest with regard to a place to sleep is camping. Some of the most stunning views can be had right from the opening of your tent and at prices that will cut your costs and make an extended trip in one of the most expensive countries in the world possible. Within my individual pages, especially those geared toward National Parks, you will find tips on where to find these amazing places to pitch your tent. On the newer pages, I generally have a photo of the old tent in an amazingly scenic spot. Prices vary from $10-25 but that is generally for a couple tents and a more than fair amount of people. Facilities vary with how much you pay but you can expect to find flush toilets at most of them and showers are surely not unheard of or not far away.

Please check my pages for areas you are traveling and you won't be sorry you did. If camping is your thing, you came to the right place. If it isn't, you might even consider it after reading about some of the places we were ever so lucky to wake up in.

Tipping in hotels

by alissa40

I am staying at a hotel for 8 nights. Do I tip the room service staff daily (will it be different staff every day ?/) , or the tip at the end of my stay in the room. Do I leave an envelope with money or change on the bedside desk. I have seen mention of anywhere from $1 to $5 per day . Any comments?

If there is a doorman- when do I tip. If I collect a letter at reception, do I tip?

I can see that I potentially have to carry lots of change around to give our $2 here and there.

Any advice would be appreciated

by YVRDave

Room service you tip per bill as you will sign for each delivery. Maid service you tip, if you want, daily or at the end of your stay. Tipping the front desk staff is at your discression and not required.

by GracesTrips

I've stayed at many hotels and do not tip at most of them. Unless, you are staying somewhere like the Ritz Carlton would you leave a tip (in an envelope placed on the bed) at the end of your stay. Tip the bell boy that helps you with your luggage to your room, room service, for any requests out of the ordinary that is provided for you. Tip the valet if they bring your car around. A few bucks is fine. I've never tipped a doorman before. Room service turns out to be outrageously expensive so I've never ordered that way before. I have no problems hauling my own luggage up to my room. Sometimes you can't help but valet your car so I'm used to that. Hope that helps!

by kathymof

I usually put a dollar on the bed each day. I have heard that hotel staff "check" the rooms on the last day to "make sure nothing was damaged" but this is just a ruse so they can steal the tip that is meant for the cleaning staff. I have found that they take better care of me when I tip on a daily basis. For example, they will leave me more chocolates and things like that.

In Mexico I found that they would leave me an extra bottle of water even if the one from the prior day was not empty. Other people on my tour did not get the extra bottle and I think it was the tip.

Comments