2440 N Parkway, Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, 37868, United States

Econo Lodge Riverside
Booking.com Econolodge Pigeon Orbitz.com

• ***WARNING about this place***

NEED TO READ THIS BEFORE BOOKING A NIGHT HERE!!!We stayed 5 days here and our first night we woke up the next morning itching all over my daughter was saying her head was itching really bad. She is 7 years old. My other daughter is 5 and she was broke out all over. My body has a rash all over it by that night. My husband was the same way. We thought it might have been the detergent they washed with we was itching from. Come to find out after we get back home we all had LICE..We have never had Lice before in our life so I didnt think of that. Went to the doctor and I have a report of it thru my doctors office. We had to treat all our heads and wash everything we was in contact with in our cars and at home. Cost us more to wash everything and treat our heads and doctor visits 2 differnt times. It took us a month to get ride of it..WE stayed in room # 329 the first week in June 2012 took us untill first of July to get rid of it. Was a bad trip and would never stay here again. I tryed to report it thru the health department but could not get them to answer their phones. Something needs to be done about this place.

• pigeon forge's best hotel

Econo lodge riverside in pigeon forge tennessee is the best stay I've ever had. I'd stay there over & over again. My husband ended up in the hospital while we were there & they were very accomindating & helpful!

Unique Quality: They are very kind & considerate

Directions: Not far from titanic exhibit or dixie stampede

• Ericasmurf99's Profile Photo

Don't let the cheap price fool you

This is one of the cheapest places to stay in Pigeon Forge, so I assumed it would be run down and dirty. I was wrong! Rooms were clean, beds were big and nice, TV worked, heat worked (although it worked a little too well - I had to get up in the middle of the night and spalsh cold water on myself). They also have the river in the back and ducks are always hanging out wanting to be fed. They have become so used to it that they won't run (waddle?) from you. Breakfast was included, but it was just bare bones breakfast (muffins, bagels, fruit). Which was fine with me since I am not a big breakfast eater.

More about Econo Lodge Pigeon Forge

Loved Our Stay!!

by TripAdvisor Member nctrader03

This was a first time staying at Econo Lodge Riverside. We have travelled to Pigeon Forge, TN many times although Econo Lodge was not a first choice on this trip.....read on it gets better.

I had called and made a reservation with another place the day before we were to arrive.....such will remain nameless and I therefore will not disclose the name of the place as being Riverside Towers....ooops....did I say that?!?!?

When we arrived in Pigeon Forge I called Riverside to check to see what time we needed to check in. The guy that I talked to said that he remembered talking to me and making the reservation but for some reason it wasn't showing up. Instead of trying to correct the situation he tried to offer me a room that was almost 3 TIMES more than the room when I booked originally.

So I hung up and went on my way. This was a busy weekend being the Rod Run with all the cars. We made our way down through Pigeon Forge and my wife said why don't we try the Econo Lodge. I pulled in and got out of the car thinking that there was no way that we were going to get a room on this busy weekend. But luckily for us we were able to get a room with larger beds than what he had at the other place for maybe $20 bucks more.

Not knowing what to expect I went back and go in the car and took the wife and children around and we went up to the room. Now, much to our surprise this was a very nice Econo Lodge. The grounds were very neat and clean and well-maintained. The pool inside and the surrounding area was very nice, very clean. Most hotel pools I wouldn't even think of getting in, I don't care if they do pump 200 gallons of chlorine through it. This one was different. Very clean and very well kept....although we didn't swim because we didn't pack any swimming clothes......note to wife: next time pack swimming clothes.

The room was very nice, very comfy and very clean. This made for a very good stay at the Econo Lodge.

Now, there was a continental breakfast. This one was very nice, very clean and supplied well with a variety of items. Cereals(both hot and cold), milk, fruit punch, orange juice, muffins, bagels, cream cheese, coffee, honey buns, oatmeal on and on. It was very nice.

The front desk staff was very professional, courteous and kind. We've already made reservations for November!! Looking forward to another wonderful stay here.

Nice, clean place

by TripAdvisor Member gsamx

It was a nice place, we just got back from staying there last week. The rooms were nice, had a fridge and microwave, beds comfortable, had fun with our 4 year old feeding the ducks. Pool was clean and pretty large. Restaurants within walking distance, plenty of parking. I'd stay there again, the rates were very reasonable.

Econolodge was ok

by TripAdvisor Member COBRA

We stayed at Econolodge on the River in September. We had an outside room facing the Parkway with a balcony. I would advise not picking a room at poolside as it can get noisy. The rooms were kept clean and service was good. There are good resturants close by within walking distance. You may want to make reservations by internet as we found the rates are better. Then call the motel to confirm. Its a great time of the year to go as the town dresses up for Halloween and a lot going on at Dollywood. We took in the Elvis show which was great. Great impersonators.

Great for a winter Break!

by TripAdvisor Member AliciaBen8

If you've got kid's and you're going to stay in the winter time, this hotel has a very nice indoor pool and is well appointed with video games, laundry facilities and vending machines all within view of the pool area. There are 2 very nice restaurants directly across the street, one an upscale Steak and Seafood and the other a "brick-oven" Italian. The room was clean, decor was bright and cheery and the fridge and microwave were great for the left over pasta and pizza we brought back. My 9 year old son gave it a two thumbs up because the large in-room color TV's have all the necessary outlets for game-cubes etc...A good value for the $79.00 we paid per night. If you like a cocktail to help keep you warm at night, do keep in mind that Pigeon Forge does not sell liquor. You'll have to drive into Gatlinburg for that!

Very nice hotel for an outstanding price

by TripAdvisor Member TrinityAlexis

This hotel has quite a few positive features. The location is great. We prefer just hanging around Pigeon Forge anyways and it is right on the parkway where everything practically is. The hotel is very well maintained inside and out. The fireplace in the lobby was beautiful. The front desk attendants were very nice and helpful. The room I had (two queens) looked like it had been recently remodeled. Everything was very clean. The size and position of the TV was a definite plus. There were two closets and plenty of room. There was also a fridge and microwave which came in handy. The traffic noise can be a little annoying sometimes if you have a room facing the parkway, but just set the sleep timer on the tv and you're all set. The indoor pool and hot tub are great especially in January. However, you do have to go outside to get back to your room. We were a bit disappointed with the game room. Being big kids at heart we decided to try out some of the games and had quite a bit of trouble with things not working properly and/or just eating the change. However, there are a few arcades on the parkway that make up for that. The continental breakfast was ok. The hours were good (until 10am) but the food was just ok. They had the regular things like cereal, juice, coffee, bagels, etc... Overall, I would definitely recommend staying here, and be sure to book online. We stayed for $37 including tax and it was WELL worth it.

They cancelled our reservation!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member mrspopeye

When I arrived at the desk, I was told that my reservation that I had made thru hotelkingdom.com had been cancelled. They could give me no explanation has to how, when or why this happened, and they had no vacancy for our 1st night, but did for the other 2 nights that we booked. After 45 minutes at the desk, they clerk contacted the manager who paid for us to stay at the Best Western Plaza Inn that night. We did get a decent room, on the bottom floor, facing the river. Rooms are kind of smallish, but there is a decent little kitchen area. No shampoo in the bathrooms here. The kids liked the indoor pool. I probabaly would stay here again, but would definantly call ahead to see that this does not happen again.

We really enjoyed our stay here

by TripAdvisor Member Quick38

We stayed at at this hotel last year during spring break. The rooms are very nice and clean. The kitchen area was great. The pool was nice. The only problems we had were, after being gone ALL DAY, we came back to find our door standing OPEN! We called the front desk and they said they would run a check on our door to see who used it last... they never let us know anything. We called the desk 3 times and they kept saying someone was coming to check it. By that time it was after midnight and we went to bed. Thankfully nothing was missing. We had a poolside room and the suction from the door leading into the poolside rooms area causes your door not to close easily and that could have possibly been how our door was open. Just make sure you double check your door at all times. The only other things were parking... We had to park by the water and carry all of our luggage a very long way to get to our room on the front side of the building. If you go out at night and come in late expect to park all the way at the back of the parking lot. Also, being spring break the hotel was packed full of children. The pool was very very crowded
during the day due to the children playing and splashing their little hearts out..Including mine! ;) Even though we had a few problems we really liked our room and the price was excellent. I would stay here again and would recommend it for a nice family place to stay.

Great Place to Stay

We stayed for a weekend over Spring Break with our two boys. IT was a great place to stay with a great price. The rooms were very clean. The rooms were bigger than what we had read on this site. The beds were very comfortable. The outside entrance to the room made for some noise from other guests, but when you are on vacation, noise is all part of it. The pool was okay in size. It is not big enough for all the guests. One night we counted 36 people in the pool. Kids want to dive off the edge since it is higher than the pool. It was getting very dangerous, but that is because parents were not paying attention to them.

We will stay here again if we go over break. Great location and easy to get to and from. The kids loved the Ducks.

Comments