Liberty Hotel Buenos Aires

Rated 12% lower than similarly priced 3 star hotels

More about Buenos Aires

borrowed picborrowed pic

Voracious carpVoracious carp

Lets play poolLets play pool

El LibertadorEl Libertador

How do I check if I need a visa and how to apply for one?

by equatorgal

I would like to travel to Montevideo but was told that Singapore passports require a visa. Can visas be applied on the ferry?

by Donna_in_India

Hi - I do believe you'll need to get the visa before you travel. Best to check with the consulate:

Consulate of Uruguay in Singapore, Singapore

80 Robinson Road, #08-01/02
Singapore 068898
Singapore
Phone:
+65-62255111

by cochinjew

there are no facilities on the boats to Uruguay either to Colonia or Montevideo for visa. you need a visa on your passport. if the consular facility in singapore can give visas, please get one there since it would be so much easier. if you are staying long enough in BA you can get a visa there too.

by Huentetu

If you need a visa, and I believe you do, you cannot enter Argentina without one. So forget getting one once you are there! You have to get it before you travel and it can take upwards of two weeks to get so leave yourself plenty of time.

by sheherezad

Do you guys realise how nice you are? To reply to an INSTANT VTer who has not even indicated his/her location or built his/her home-page? ;-) Cheers!
P.S. There's always Google, my dear - that's what I did from KL: google it!

by jimwebster

"Donna-In-India" is correct.

by sheherezad

Of coures Donna is correct - one ALWAYS checks for visa requirements and gets it BEFORE one even departs one's home country! Unless one is resident in another country for a while and so need to apply for the visa with one's passport from there, as I had done years ago from UK, Canada, USA but with the respective destination country's embassy, of course! But now there is online visa requirement information/application facility - google will help establish that, as I did for AU, NZ, CL in the last 12 months :-)

Travel Tips for Buenos Aires

Buenos Aires city map with street index.

by pfsmalo

Hi, Konstantinos,

Here is a very good map :http://www.tandilnet.com

On home page click "city map" and there it is. To use it scroll down alittle way and there are the initial letters of the streets. Just click on your one and you revert to a grid showing you part of the main map. From there just search as it (the one you're looking for) is not highlighted.

Good luck

Tangodata

by Sonador3

Todo De Tango/All About Tango
Looking for a great place to watch a tango show? Feeling overwhelmed by the massive selection of shows? Need advice on which one is the best? The place I recommend you pay a visit to is Tangodata. Located inside the San Martin Cultural Center on the corner of Sarmiento and Parana, Tangodata is staffed by multilingual employees that will help you weed through different tango shows located in the area. www.tangodata.com.ar

Mate

by b1bob

Besides everybody kissing each other, the local custom that really set Argentina apart from everywhere else was that every Argentine household I've been in has what looks like a metal pumpkin and a special metal straw (bombilla) for which to drink an herbal tea called yerba mate. The tea itself comes from the leaves of an indigenous plant and mate is actually the pumpkin-shaped vessel. Just about every store down there sells yerba mate gear and you can even get it in Roxboro, North Carolina if you shop online. I regret not having tried the drink. I wanted to, but my good buddy Alex, one of the few Argentines who doesn't like it, recommended that I not try it because it would cause difficulties for those not used to it, the type which would eat into valuable touring time. Alex might not like it, but his mama and all his friends were sipping the stuff like it was going out of style. Against my sense of adventure when it comes to trying new food and drink, I turned it down every time it was offered to me. I took this picture in a Buenos Aires storefront because I had never seen such gear before and that, by itself, was a learning experience for me.

Iguazu Falls National Park

by kwgcoach

Though this is by far not an undiscovered place, Iguazu is enough off the beaten path that it takes an effort to get there. However Iguazu rates as one of the most spectacularly beautiful sights on earth. The combination of lush greenery and colorful wildlife with the backdrop of 275 falls in one array is unparalleled. Having been to Victoria and Niagara, I personally feel that this tops them all.

b1bob's Buenos Aires shopping tip nÂș1

by b1bob about Disco

Folks from Roxboro: don't expect there to be a giant silver ball under which they do "The Hustle" here. Disco Supermarket is an Argentine grocery chain, where Alex and I went to get stuff for his grandma. Disco is a chain of supermarkets across Argentina much like Kroger in the USA. Anything that won't eat you first. Fairly reasonable prices.

Comments