Puno Hotels

Our Members Say

• serapemir profile photo serapemir
  • Reviews: 4

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

MOSOQ INN PUNO: Puno's best!!!

We were there January 2010. First of all breakfasts are excellent in MOSOQ INN PUNO. Rooms are big and very clean. Hotel staffs are friendly and helpful. You can as cocoa tea anytime. Location is great plus for your Puno vacation since it is close to Plaza Del Almas yet away from the noise.

Big and clean rooms.

• Written February 2, 2010

• WaRPer profile photo WaRPer
  • Reviews: 249

Qorikancha Inn: Somewhere between hostel and 1.5-star hotel

I was welcomed by a kind gentleman at the bus station at 4:30 a.m.!! He offered this hotel (or inn, or hostel whatever!) to me at the rate of S/.50 per night. Since I had no other choices at that time, so tired and half-awake, I accepted his offer (with other Spanish couple). It turned out to be quite a good deal though, the room was basic but clean. The hotel is a 5-mins drive from the bus station, 2 blocks away from the Main Square, and you can also take the 'moto' (motorized tricycle) to the lake for just 2-3 Soles.

This hotel is popular amongst local tourists, it's very affordable and the location is not bad at all!

• Related to: Budget Travel, Road Trip
  • Written January 4, 2010

• swesn profile photo swesn
  • Reviews: 1221
ISLA TAQUILA: LAGO TITICACA

Pros:
- A twist in the lodging recommendation... stay with the locals in Isla Taquila. I didn't get a chance to do this but I think it will be really eye-opening to stay the night in one of the islands in Lago Titicaca.
- Imagine all the stars you can see at night!!

Cons:
- Very basic and cold, I imagine
- An extremely dodgy outhouse
- Just a mattress on the floor

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Written December 24, 2007

• girllrig profile photo girllrig
  • Reviews: 29

Puno Terra Hotel: Decent Hotel with LAN connection in-room

This is the ONLY hotel in Puno with an internet connection in-room (for a laptop) which is not extraordinarily expensive. It has nice, spacious rooms with heat, cable tv, hot water (sporadic), phone, and thick blankets. The LAN connection is free, and they also have a workstation at reception to use for those who don't use laptops. Their breakfast (as are most in Peru) is okay, not great, cold coffee and stale bread, some fruit and cereals. Half of the staff is helpful despite their lack of English... however the manager is a *... I had stayed 3 days then went on a tour of the Titicaca islands. Before I left I reserved a room for when I returned. She gave my room to a tour group who called after I left, and I got back at 6p in the rain to find out I had no place to stay. She was very unapologetic. Finally they paid the difference and booked me for one night in a similar hotel, but it did not have internet access which is the whole reason I stayed at Puno Terra (I work online). I was quite miffed at my treatment. So, though this is a good value place, be careful if you are a solo traveller because you are not in the priority for bookings.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Women's Travel, Singles, Family Travel
  • Written November 16, 2007

• Zanzibargirl profile photo Zanzibargirl
  • Reviews: 354

Posada Wary pa Nayra: Puno Posada with a Spa

A 3 star hotel which has great facilities for relaxation such as an indoor pool, spa, sauna and steam room. Rooms have TV, Safety deposit boxes, restaurant and it is within walking distance to the main street/centre of Puno (Jr. Lima)

The spa is the most unique fantastic thing about this place!

• Related to: Backpacking, Spa and Resort, Budget Travel
  • Written May 10, 2007

My Room

• kzapanta profile photo kzapanta
  • Reviews: 117

Most hotels/hostels: No heaters

Having a heater in your hotel room is very rare in this region. But it is also very cold at night.

Getting up in the morning takes some willpower! And you will have your fastest time getting dressed after a shower since the air is cold.

This is my buddy with 7, seven, wool blankets plus sheets to keep him warm at night.!

• Written November 1, 2006

• kzapanta profile photo kzapanta
  • Reviews: 117

Monterrey Hostal: Lodging in Lima Street

Lima Street is one of the major streets of downtown Puno. Plaza de Arma is on one end of the street. This hostal in in the middle of Lima Street, 30 yards away from Plaza de Arma.

The hostal is minimal. Small rooms, small bathroom with hot showers. Safe enough. Very helpful front staff and they stored our backpacks after we checked out for the day.

The negative about it is there is no heaters in the room. And Puno gets downright cold when the sun is not shining.

My buddy Patrick was able to bargain a rate and was a steal.

• Written September 19, 2006
Tip Photo

front door of the hostal

• adelinemmc profile photo adelinemmc
  • Reviews: 246

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hostal Los Uros: Grumpy staff

We choose this hostel because of they had a nice website with a bit of info on the Titicaca islands.

The room was decent enough but the grimy courtyard looked like a building site (in July 2005).

The staff was uniformely grumpy. Not one 'hello' or 'goodbye', not a smile, not a word!

Because of the rudeness of the staff, I would not recommend this hostel. Go to Hostal Arequipa instead where some friends stayed for more or less the same price.

Location and rooms = OK

• Written July 24, 2006

• MrRandMcnally profile photo MrRandMcnally
  • Reviews: 326

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Taypikala Hotel and Spa: New Agey place along the lake

Taypikala is a great place to stay on your Titikaca trip. It is right along the lake on the road from Puno to Bolivia, in a small town called, Chucuito. They have a bit of a new age feel, the rooms are made to look like they are cut out of the rock and there are giant condors, pumas and stuff on the roof, but the service is excelent, the rooms are comfortable and I highly recomend the hotel. The food is good, the staff friendly, and they have live traditional music if there is a big enough group there. Rooms start at $51, the most extensive night of our trip but not bad if this is your splurge.

They were extremely helpfull in setting up our trip to Copacabana, though they did try to talk us out of it because of a strike in Bolivia. THey set up a last minute trip to see the Uros and the hot tub and massage for my wife were extremely refreshing at the eng of a tough 2 week trip. Also in that it is outsideof Puno it is a peacefull place, with views of the lake. The town befind it is pretty and has an old fertility temple, just accros the streets from the hotel. Very cool if you are not turned off by a lot of falic symbols.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Spa and Resort
  • Written January 22, 2006

Rock Wall room

• morgr profile photo morgr
  • Reviews: 258

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

El Inti: Cheap & relatively central.

El Inti is quite centrally located and within easy walking distance of most things of interest in Puno. It is located across the road from the train station, with it's main entrance in an alley.

We got a double room with private bathroom (cold water only) for a decent price. We even had a little visitor come scratching at our door at midnight, looking for some friends and a warm place to sleep!

All in all, nothing really stood out about this place (good or bad). Though it can get quite cold at night in Puno.

• Written October 3, 2005
Tip Photo

A little visitor to our room

• SirRichard profile photo SirRichard
  • Reviews: 3639

Hostal Las Islas

When I arrived to Puno by bus I was thinking of staying in Hostal Europa. But at the bus station a woman came to me offering me a stay at this Hostal Las Islas. OK, I though, I will try, is not far from Hostal Europa, so if I didn't like it, I'd always have the chance of visiting this other one.
But the place happened to be OK, clean, centrical (just by the market) and cheap (20s, 7 USD), so I stayed there. It was at walking distance to the main attractions, and had WC and shower ensuite. Reccomended if you are on a budget.

• Related to: Backpacking, Budget Travel
  • Written June 7, 2005

The building

• GoogleGuru profile photo GoogleGuru
  • Reviews: 23

Pukara Hotel - Puno: An interesting combination of Art & Accomodation

The Pukara Hotel was very pleasant - the staff very friendly. The rooms were immaculately clean. Some people complained about noise in their rooms from the street - but this seems to be a normal occurence in Puno

Breakfast was served every morning in a small cafe on the roof

Complimentary coca tea as well when you arrive :)

A fantastic 3D artistic rendering of the old village of Puno adorns the main lounge, and stretches all the way to the roof.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written November 19, 2004

• schlumpf profile photo schlumpf
  • Reviews: 384

Hostal Tumi 1: a nice place to stay in Puno

Hostal Tumi 1 is very centreally located, quiet near tothe central market too.
it is safe, clean, and the rooms are really ok.
We took a double room for less then 4 dollars each but the room was really good...good shower, good toilet, good bed...wow! we slept like we were three yrs old!
I will definitely suggest to overnight here!

• Written October 28, 2004

• storyin profile photo storyin
  • Reviews: 122

HOSPEDAJE Q'ONI WASI: Storyin Puno

15 SOL WITH PRIVATE BATH
RECOMMEND BY LONELY PLANET
ALTHOUGH I FEEL TIRED TO CLIMB 4 FLOOR IN 3825 m ALTITUDE , BUT for nice view ( my room is 401 )

ok bed , nice sheet , the hot shower is almost cold ( so better take shower at morning , once I take shower at night TOOOOO COLD !! ) and sometimes broken ( ask the staff to fix it )

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written May 16, 2004

• AR76 profile photo AR76
  • Reviews: 208

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hostal Bahia: Tip: don't come here!

We were dragged to this no-star hotel the minute we stepped out of the bus. Or actually, there were loads of people trying to convince us that their hotel was the best (see also my Tourist Trap tip), and the guy from Hostal Bahia won the battle...
If you're not the type to expect a spotlessly clean room/bathroom, you'll eat anything they call breakfast as long as it resembles food and you just want a pillow under and a roof over your head - this is (one of) the place(s) to stay!

# It's cheap.

# Instead of a doorknob, the bathroom door has a convenient hole, so that the person sitting on the toilet can communicate with the people in the room.

# This hotel provides an amazing 2-4 hours of warm water in the morning (it says "24hrs" on the flyer, but they must have forgotten the dash). Reason all the more for a who-reaches-the-shower-first race every morning! How nice a way of waking up ;-)

# At breakfast it may take a while to get served, so there's some more time for you to continue waking up. Table cloths and cutlery can be a bit sticky --> an hidden invitation for you to stick around a bit longer?!?

# Some rooms have a nice little window giving out to the room next door. If the neighbours' door is jammed from the outside, the hotel staff may come knocking on your door to ask if they can use that window to enter the other room...

• Written October 17, 2003