People's Park, Chengdu

Know about this? Rate It!

• People's Park
    by Sharrie
    Chinese painting
    by eho
    Relaxing in People' Park
    by eho

People's Park - Family Outings

by eho Written Feb 25, 2003

Fondest memory: And people were having tea by the lake side. The bamboo chairs were really beautiful. However, it seemed like they will gradually be replaced by ugly blue plastic ones.

I bypassed the Mahjong area as I hated the noise of it. To my disappointment, I didn't see anybody playing chess.

Relaxing in People' Park

• eho's Profile Photo

Everyday Life in the Park.

by eho Updated Dec 27, 2002

Favorite thing: In the People's Park I got to see the locals relaxing and families spending time with each other. There were artists making favourite characters for the children. We strolled around the park and found a group of children doing Chinese painting. However, I got a few hostile stares from the parents when I tried to take a photo.

We also went to a tea house with lots of beautiful bamboo chairs inside the park. We tried to find people playing chess but it seemed mah jong was more popular.

Candy Artist

• Sharrie's Profile Photo

Renmin Park

by Sharrie Written Feb 25, 2003

Favorite thing: A park which I came across while I was staying at Sheraton Chengdu. In the morning, there are men & women practicing Tai Chi (or commonly known as Tai Ji Quan in Chinese).

To find out more about Tai Chi, please proceed to http://members.tripod.com/~zenist/taichi.html & http://qi-journal.com/taiji.asp.

People's Park - Young Artists

by eho Written Aug 24, 2002

Fondest memory: There were also children drawing and painting. They are really talented! However, I got a few hostile stares from one of the parents when I tried to take a picture of her daughter.

Chinese painting