Herceg-Novi Local Customs

• Kolaci display stand in Herceg-Novi, Montenegro
    Kolaci display stand in Herceg-Novi,...
    by karenincalifornia
    Our mid-morning meal in Herceg-Novi
    by karenincalifornia
  • Local Customs
    by Srechko

Most Recent Local Customs in Herceg-Novi

• plavajabuka's Profile Photo

fabulous smell on the fresh cool air

by plavajabuka Updated Jul 30, 2013

The Mimosa Festival in February celebrating the blooming of the first flowertree in a year.
    It's time of carnival, parade of majorettes and inevitable pan music, party in honor of crested and fragrant yellow flowers ,a lot of fun, fish and wine.
    This interesting flower carnival is followed by many cultural, tourism and sporting events.

• karenincalifornia's Profile Photo

I confess

by karenincalifornia Updated Nov 20, 2004

Our mid-morning meal in Herceg-Novi

Yes, we indulged in this Montenegrin tradition of eating tons of carbs in the morning. After pigging out at the all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet at Perla Hotel on our last morning in Herceg-Novi, we waddled on down the promenade and bought all of these high carb, high calorie treats.

My very talented chef-husband and I love to cook and we like to duplicate local specialties after our vacations. I tried to duplicate the kolaci and was a miserable failure. I'll stick to golden raisin oatmeal cookies. I do a better job with these love cookies than the complicated Montenegrin tortes.

• Beaches

• karenincalifornia's Profile Photo

Load up on the carbs in the morning

by karenincalifornia Updated Nov 19, 2004

Kolaci display stand in Herceg-Novi, Montenegro

In the morning, along the promenade, vendors wheel out their kolaci display carts loaded with all kinds of high sugar cakes, pies and tarts. While I am used to eating something like this at night occasionally, the kolaci in Montenegro is eaten in the morning.

A typical kolaci is a walnut torte of several layers with a chocolate or mocha filling in between the layers with gobs of sweetened whipped cream on the outside of the torte.

Sweets for the sweet. Almost as good as golden raisin oatmeal cookies!

• Beaches

• Herceg Novi looks like one big...

by Srechko Written Oct 7, 2002

Herceg Novi looks like one big botanical garden. It has long history and many were fighting for this town. One of the most beautiful sacral monuments is the 'Savina' Monastery (photo). They say it was build 1000 years ago.

Instant Answers: Herceg-Novi

Comments

Herceg-Novi Local Customs

Reviews and photos of Herceg-Novi local customs posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Herceg-Novi sightseeing.