Tom's Restaurant, New York City

3.5 out of 5 stars 3.5 Stars - 8 Reviews

2880 Broadway (@ 112th St.), 864-6137

Wide angle view of Tom's Restaurant
    by Joseph69
    How I think it may appear on Seinfeld.
    by Joseph69
  • Tom's Restaurant
    by Icemaiden02
  • Joseph69's Profile Photo

Tom's Restaurant: Seinfeld, where arrrrrre yououououou?

by Joseph69 Updated Dec 28, 2006

Wide angle view of Tom's Restaurant

Food is good 'ole diner style. Many choices on the menu. Breakfast, lunch and dinner menus.

I had a burger. Wasn't the best, but it was OK. The atmosphere is relaxed, and they certainly do not rush you at all which is nice.

The restaurant is run by Greek migrants, now American citizens. I asked the guy at the counter if he'd seen any of the Seinfeld actors, and he replied "Seinfeld only". I found that quite interesting, especially when there are photos and paintings of "Kramer" around also.

Favorite Dish: I only had one meal, so I cannot say.

• Business Travel

• dawgfan's Profile Photo

Tom's Restaurant: Great Seinfeld Memories

by dawgfan Written Feb 25, 2006

Who can to New York and NOT see some grat memories from Seinfeld? This is one of the great Seinfeld locations. Though not actually filmed inside the restaurant, Tom's was used the exterior shot for 'Monk's', where the gang regualry went.

The food is great, but the Egg Creams are exceptional. Definitely try one if you haven't had one before. PS - there are actually no eggs in it! It's a carbonated chocolate drink (think Yoo-hoo kicked up a notch).

• Icemaiden02's Profile Photo

Tom's Restaurant: Seinfield fanatics: don't miss this one

by Icemaiden02 Written Jan 16, 2006

Perhaps I had a very different experience with Tom's Restaurant since I was a regular during my college days- my roommate and I frequented this diner perhaps 3-4 times a week, and subsequently were well recognized by the waitstaff. We never faced lines, never a wait (they always have 1-2 tables reserved for their regulars, which is so nice!). I dont know if we are that predictable (probably), but our food arrived within minutes of ordering. As scientists, we set to timing them and found that on average (after 10 or so trials), food arrives in about 8 minutes.

I normally order breakfast food (omellette with cheese, hash browns, sausage, bacon, toast), and my roommate gets crab cakes or clams on half baked shell. Food that only takes 8 minutes? Can't be beat.

Note: interior of this joint looks nothing like the set of Seinfield. Nothing but the fascade on the outside is similar. However, if you're interested in tours, there are Kramer Tours offered that give you insight to the show, and who can resist snapping a photo outside on the street with the fascade?

• Gage17's Profile Photo

Tom's Restaurant: Where Jerry Met Elaine... and George and Kramer

by Gage17 Updated Jan 16, 2005

It is this restaurant that served for exterior shots of the "Seinfeld" diner scenes. The inside is somewhat reminiscent of the show's set but has been remodeled in recent years I believe. I've been here a couple times and was pleased with the food and the service.

• mht_in_la's Profile Photo

Tom's Restaurant: Seinfeld was here

by mht_in_la Written Jul 30, 2004

Seinfeld was here

Does it look familiar? Imagine a group of New Yorkers sit inside and come up with the idea of a show about nothing...

I'm a big Seinfeld fan, so I have to visit Tom's Restaurant. It's located just north of Central Park near Columbia University. I had my breakfast here one morning. Inside it's much darker and looked quite different from the TV. (The whole Seinfeld show was taped in California.) I ordered omelet. The food was so so and over-priced. The restaurant seemed to be run by an Italian family.

• darthmilmo's Profile Photo

Tom's (Seinfeld's hangout) Cafe: Tom's (Seinfeld's hangout) Cafe

by darthmilmo Updated Oct 31, 2002

Tom's (Seinfeld's hangout) Cafe

Any Seinfeld fan will pinpoint this place from a mile away. Tom's (Seinfeld's hangout) Cafe lies a few blocks away from the infamous Columbia University. I didn't try the food inside, but the outside does provide a nice picture opportunity for fans like me :). No, I didn't manage to see anyone from the Seinfeld gang in there.

• Seinfeld Fans: Tom's...

by JoyDewing Written Aug 26, 2002

Seinfeld Fans: Tom's Restaurant. (Diner)
    Tom's: If you are a Seinfeld Fan, you'll recognize the sign. And we all know that annoying Suzanne Vega song, 'Tom's Diner'. (do do do do, do dit doo doo, doot dit doo doo do do doo do...) The song is all about Tom's. It's your basic greasy spoon, incredibly cheap and fast.

Favorite Dish: Tom's: Have a milkshake and soak up the atmosphere at the counter. Or you can sing 'Tom's Diner' by Suzanne Vega while you sip a coffee.

• LittleWonder's Profile Photo

Toms Diner, where Seinfeldt...

by LittleWonder Written Aug 24, 2002

Toms Diner, where Seinfeldt and his friends go in the TV series.
    This is the facade you see when watching Seinfeldt on TV, but the interior is a different one.

I was surprized to see that their prizes didn't differ much from other diners in the area.

Instant Answers: New York City

Comments

Hotels Near Tom's Restaurant
3.0 out of 5 stars