Blossom, Charleston

A watercolor sketch from the brochure.
    by ZanieOR
    Blossom
    by dzni
  • ZanieOR's Profile Photo

Blossom Cafe: Delicious sea scallops

by ZanieOR Updated Apr 4, 2011

A watercolor sketch from the brochure.

I never have found the notes I took on my Charleston visit, but a menu I found jogged my memory on one of the very nice places where we had dinner -- Blossom.
    As I recall it was super food (much better than I’m used to) with good service. It was mostly Italian food with things like Carmelized Onion Soup and Antipast of Shrimp on Bruschetta for appetizers, a variety of pizzas from woodburning ovens (no pepperoni!), handmade pastas and risottos and such specialties as pan-seared mahi-mahi and chicken scaloppe.
    (It’s so much easier to write about a restaurant when you have a menu in front of you!)
    The menu is several years old, and main dishes at that time ranged from $12 to $25, with most in the $18-19 range.

There's also a lunch menu with things like "Oak roasted chicken and almond salad ..." for $9.

Blossom’s statement about its cuisine: “Our interpretation of one of the world’s healthiest cuisine is a creative, always innovative combination of imported ingredients, regional seafood and seasonal Lowcountry produce. …”

I think this is a sister restaurant with Magnolia's, as they share a brochure and an e-mail address.

Favorite Dish: When I looked at the menu I remembered immediately what I ate, it was so good. Nine times out of 10 I will order seafood if it’s on the menu, and in this case I had Sea Scallops (in Carolina Goat Cheese Cream with Roasted Garlic, Smoked Bacon and Pistachios over Linguini). Price: $19. Delicious!
    Salad was separate, and I think I had the mixed green salad for $5.

• Women's Travel

• Blossom: Yummy seafood

by dzni Written Jul 9, 2005

Blossom

Seafood is the specialty, but there other things if one so desires. The food here was very good, but certainly not the best I've had. Maybe my expectations were a little high. I was also somewhat disappointed in the wine service, but I'm probably a snob when it comes to those sorts of things. The food was very good, I can't deny that. The dessert was even better!

Another note, this is owned by the famous Magnolias restaurant, which I unfortunately did not visit.

Instant Answers: Charleston

Comments

Hotels Near Blossom
4.5 out of 5 stars