Beach Albatros (Ai)

Sharm Maya Bay, Om El Sid Hill, Sharm El-Sheikh, South Sinai, Egypt
Beach Albatros Sharm
Priceline.com Booking.com Travelocity

Costs 60% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Beach Albatros (Ai)

ALL INCLUSIV GREAT

by RitchiS1 about HOTEL BEACH GARDEN

This is the BEACH of the Hotel BEACH ALBATROS . In the backyard u can see OLD SHARM not far away from our residence .
In this Hotel have had ALL INCLUSIVE , that s very important , because the drinks are also inclusive . So u have low costs !! CLEAN ; DRY ; THE STUFFS ARE FRIENDLY , HOTEL WITH OWN BEACH , ANIMATION AND A LOT , I WOULD LIKE TO COME BACK

Beach Albatros

by clueless83

We stayed at the Aqua Blu in Sharm which had the added benefit of a water park. Many hotels in Sharm have their own private beaches but as ours did not we were able to visit the sister hotel's beach. The sister hotel I believe is called Beach Albatros and is just a couple of minutes drive on the free shuttle bus.

The beach itself was nothing special if I'm honest. We had trouble getting sunloungers too. We had a little walk on the pier and spotted some fish in the clear blue water and we also booked our glass bottom boat trip from here.

Best part - spotting fish (we think we saw a reef shark too!)
Worst part - getting up and down. There is a lift you can use to get down to the beach but its really ugly looking (I avoided it in my photos). We chose to go by the steps but its a bit of a trek!!!

a great family holiday

by TripAdvisor Member dilly_dallyessex

we just got back from our family holiday. we traveld with 2 small kids. they stayed most of the time in the kids club. the lady who runs the kids club is fantastic. her name is leila (lu lu). shes a naturell with kids. they went twice a day to play games with her and in the evening she done the kinder disco. our kids were very happy and so were we. the view from the hotel is amazing. straight to the sinai mountains. unforgetable. the staff works very hard. from early in the morning to late at night, 6 days a week. they always had a smile for us. the hotel is so very clean, that you could eat from the floor if you would have to. we had a fantastic time there. we are very greatfull for all they done for us. i would go there again and so would my kids. we had big tears from the children when we had to go home. if you need a good break from all and travel with kids i would recomment the beach albatros to everyone. i here by say thank you to all the staff from the hotel for a lovely holiday. keep smiling. thanx

The room counts!

by TripAdvisor Member HapppyFamilyof5

We have recently come back from a seven day stay at the Beach Albatros and were quite apprehensive before we left after reading some of the negative comments on here.
We paid 200 LE for a taxi from the airport to the hotel, may have been able to get it cheaper but we felt happy enough to pay this as it is the same price as a transfer and only takes around 20 min compared to 2hrs on the transfer bus.
On arrival check in went smoothly, however, we when we were shown to our room we started to understand some of the negative comments. Our room was located at the far end of the hotel, away from the cafe, pool, beach, restaurant etc. and although appealing to some, not to us. As our booking was not last minute and we had requested a family room with a sea view (and not one that involved looking out of the bedroom with a twisted neck) we returned to reception and asked to be moved. This was done without any fuss and we were shown an alternative room which was more than acceptable. After speaking to other guests who had similar reservations about their room, we realise how lucky we were to be moved so quickly and this may have been a case of first come first served. We would recommend that if you are not happy with your room, immediately go back to reception to rectify this.
Our room was clean and spacious, and although the air conditioning system is old you soon become immune to the noise and appreciate the cool temperature that it brings.
Hotel entertainment is not brilliant but we did not book this hotel for this attraction. We are a family of five and wanted a holiday where we could relax and spend time together and the Beach Albatros definitely provided us with this.
We only used the one pool and were more than happy with this.
The beach, which is accessed by lift or steps, offers ideal opportunities for snorkelling with several small coral reefs within easy access.
Staff on the whole were friendly and helpful, the only complaint we have here refers to the barman at the beach restaurant, who we will say lacked a personality, but the majority treat you as you treat them, courteous, polite and very helpful. The odd tip of 10 LE (£1 english pounds) works a treat.
Food is repetitive but more than edible, there is fresh omelette and pancakes for breakfast at no extra charge, but if you visit this hotel remembering that it is a budget one and all inclusive then you should realise that it is definitely value for money. Drinks are local produce but if you want more expensive branded drinks then you should visit another hotel. From our previous experience of Egypt the Beach Albatros worked for us and we would definitely return at the price we paid. Yes, you can get better, but this also brings a price.
Some tips; local 24/7 supermarket, turn right out of hotel and right again. This sells Pringles, sweets, batteries etc and all goods are priced. Try to opt for fixed price taxis, these have a white disc with red edging, and don’t pay anymore than 25 LE to Naama Bay and 15 LE to Old Sharm Town. Drivers will try to get more, but walk away you and are guaranteed another taxi willing to accept your price.
Hotel shops were overpriced and not prepared to barter, nearest alternative is at the top of Bank Street, a 10-15 min walk or taxi 10 LE (near Fantasia).
To summarise, we had exactly what we paid for, and putting aside our original room we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this hotel. However, if you are looking for nightlife you would be better looking for a hotel in Naama Bay.
Be warned, British Tour operators do not have a lot of rooms at this hotel and you will always be in the minority to the French, Germans and Russians – Make sure you grab your sun bed early!
If you have any worries, queries etc please feel free to email us at s5flower@aol.com

Had a fantastic time.

by TripAdvisor Member jennyyore

We stayed at the Beach Albatros 5th September for 10 nights.

When we first saw our room I remember thinking how shabby it looked, but it was very clean, we arrived late at nights so just had a quick look around, it was ok but we were not impressed at that time. We found that as we only slept in our room we didn't spend any time in it at all so it didn't matter if the furniture was old, it was kept very clean though. A few times we found towel art, which was very cleverley made by the cleaner.

But once we started talking to the Staff and a few of the people that had arived with us we loved it. It was so freindly, the Egyptians respond well to a little respect and curteous behaviour which they do not seem to get from the Germans or Russians. They work really long hours, they work very hard e.g. I would see them at 8am for breakfast and they would still be working at midnight.
They were always really grateful if we left tips which we enjoyed doing, they would always thank us and we said it was because they were appreciated.

The food was repetitive but they tried to make all nationalities happy by providing for everyone, a chef would always cook scramled eggs or pancakes in the morning if you wanted them.

We were told by our guide that if you had a tummy upset you needed to buy the local immodium as it has the ingredients to fight the Egyptian bacteria, if you take the English ones you could be ill for a few days. This was true when my husband had an upset (he always suffers no matter where we go in the world) but it was cleared up as the rep said in one day. I ensured that I constantley washed my hands - even the money is dirty!

We loved the beach and all the snorkelling was fantastic, take your own snorkel the hotel charges about £22 for one, I bought one in Old Town £18. I think they are probably cheaper in England!
Little nemo fish swim around you its amazing.
We had great conversations with Mido and Mango they sell trips, we went on a glass bottom boat, banana boat, doughnut, quad bikes, camel rides, it was great.We are keeping in contact through email.

I would recommend going on an organised snorkelling trip with your rep, we went on a cheaper one offered on the beach we found the health and safety a nightmare, we were beginers hadn't done it before and did not feel safe. After speaking to other tourist this was not the case when booked through the rep, life jackets were given to all beginers etc, not so with our trip.

We would love to return to Beach Albatros, we may even meet up with some freinds that we made out there, they were a couple with two teenage sons they all loved it too. We also think our family would enjoy it, and have recommended it to them.

Its not about how great the hotel is!

I do agree about one of the receptionist, when we checked out he presented me with a bill for room service which I hadn't had, I asked him what it was for, he presented me with a bill for all sorts of things which was not mine, they did not have my signature on them, they were someone elses, he couldnt seem to sort it out, he kept me waiting for half an hour then said "you can go now " in an agressive manner. He seemed to think I was pulling a fast one and depite me writing my signature and showing my passport he didn't seem to want to accept that I hadn't had room or bar service.

Don't Worry it's not bad

27th June 2006
I have just returned from the Beach Albatross and like the review previous to this I too did not find it too bad
This was my forth visit to the Red Sea and although the beach albatross is not the best hotel the Sinai has to offer it certainly is not the worst It is clean including the rooms we too had a terraced bungalow which for our family of four was more than adequate with a lounge area a double bedroom with locking door just in case your wife / partner feels romantic ( sorry ) the second bedroom has two single beds in it and a bathroom without a bath just a shower, sink, toilet and if I had to pull anything down it is the bathroom as the tiling could do with a revamp or re grouting, The furniture in our room was quite modern, Our friends who traveled with us as a couple had one room with a double bed in quite dated furniture and the separate shower room, One good thing about both our rooms was the air conditioning as our room had three units one for each bedroom and one in the lounge and all were reasonably quiet and could make the room like an ice box even though it was very yes very hot outside, On the temperature note this was the hottest we have ever been as the previous times we have been to Egypt we have been in October which is still hot but cooler after tea time, on one of our visits into Naama bay at night our eyes were drying up it was so hot,
Like the previous review says a couple of the bar staff were a little grumpy, I don't know if this was us having excess drink not all alcoholic mostly soft drinks as it was so hot but they could do with a cheer up but don't let that put you off just imagine you are in McDonald's and as I said it was only a couple of them,
The Hotel is a little isolated but you can get around by taxis which are cheep also outside the hotel there is usually the regular minibus also cheap and its new so very clean and every thing works such as brakes and steering ( any one who has been to sharm and been in one of the thousand or so Peugeot taxis will know what I mean ) If you do go in the mini bus Take the drivers mobile number and call him when you are ready to get back, Just give him 10 Min's or so and he will come to you, This is useful if its your first time to Egypt or maybe female,
Back to the Hotel, the beach area is good and the lifts down were never busy while we were there, The snorkeling from the hotel is Excellent, Go to the left past the little blue and white pier and the police hut and you have to walk out a little until you reach the edge of the coral it then drops to around 8-10ft deep keep going left and if you do like snorkeling you will not be disappointed it is beautiful,
The food was OK breakfast is 7am til 10 then only pastries, bread rolls and jam until 12.30pm for the main restaurant and the beach bar serves from 1pm until 4pm doing pizzas hot dogs and sometimes burgers then its pastries again until the restaurant opens at 7.30pm,
So all in all I am not saying any other reviews on this hotel are wrong or misleading I am saying we found it OK the kids loved it and I would go back if it was a bargain price, Some of our friends booked for October on our say so !!! purely as they got a good price and we were happy with our stay ( but I did also tell them about the Hostmark Oriental hotel further up the coast ) which we had two weeks in a few years ago and that was a bit special but more money, Please feel free to ask me anything e-mail me at jtrocha@yahoo.co.uk hope I have been of help. PS if yo do go to Sharm go to Fantasia on a night Tues and Thur is the banqueting night so them nights will cost but any other night it only costs £1.50 Free of charge if you are at the Albatross just show your wristband its a good night and the shows and scenery are very good, Ask at the door for a escorted tour or you will miss some things as its a large area this is all free and the taxi costs £3.00 and is 5mins away from the Albatross.

Amazing holiday

by TripAdvisor Member icesouthwales

We stayed at this hotel over Christmas with 5 friends and 2 children aged 7 & 8. After reading some of the reviews posted we were understandably anxious. However we found this hotel to be extremely friendly (especially the waiters) and clean. Yes, it is old and the furniture dated but this in no way detracted from our holiday. The children loved the novelty of having a lift to the beach, which was private and the scenery breathtaking. There were plenty of comfortable sunbeds there. The pools were cold when we were there but there were loads of sunbeds around. There are bars by both pools so you don't have far to go to get yourself a drink. The food was fine and we never went hungry. We celebrated two birthdays while we were there (a 40th & a 22nd) and the Egyptians certainly made the birthdays extra special singing happy birthday in arabic and english while playing instruments. Entertainment at the hotel is very low key but as we were in a group it didn't bother us. Don't be afraid to book any trips from people outside the hotel. We booked to go on a boat trip to do some snorkelling to Ras Mohammed with Aladin on the beach and had an amazing time. We paid an extra £40 to have the boat to ourselves and it was money well spent. We had a boat that had a large deck and a lounge area where we were served lunch. We felt like millionaires that day and we were treated as such. However there was a cameraman on board to record our days activities and he wanted £20 for a dvd but we bartered him down to £10 so we felt as if we had a bargain. They will also try to sell you a booklet on the fish that we had seen and we paid £5 for this but we saw it in town for 50p so don't buy one on the boat!
We booked a trip to Luxor with an excursion outlet in Naama Bay and paid £98 for an adult and £95 for a child. The cost in the hotel was £135 for an adult and £115 for children so it pays to shop around. You can walk into Old Sharm from the hotel and it will take about 20 minutes. Old Sharm was wonderful, the rep had told us not to talk to the shop keepers as they would hassle you. We didn't find this to be the case. They would say 'asda price' 'cheap as chips' to which we would reply 'cheaper than shoplifting' which they found funny! As long as you respect them you won't have any trouble. We were delayed by 24hrs coming home and were put up in the Conrad Hotel (4*) and we found this hotel to be very unfriendly and the restaurant a free for all. Yes it was a bit more up market in its surroundings but we are very pleased that we stayed at the Beach Albatross. If you would like any other information please don't hesitate to email me. Enjoy your holiday, we would go back tomorrow.

Basic but enjoyable

by TripAdvisor Member RegTaylor

My wife and I have just returned from a 2 week holiday at this resort. I agree that the rooms appeared basic, but on the whole, we found the resort very enjoyable. All of the staff were friendly (with the exception of one of the guys in reception). Although we went in the latter end of August, we were surprised how quiet it was. Never any problems getting sun loungers, and you were never hassled on the beach.
The only issue we had was with the street merchants, even though we smiled and said ano thank you, they then accuse you of not respecting them by not wishing to buy anything.
The food did appear a little repetitive, but we opted to go to the Italain restaurant a couple of times each week. It did not bother us that we had to pay 50 per cent of the bill, as when you have 2 starters and 2 n=main courses with free drinks, and the bill only comes to 44 LE (£4.40) you do not mind.

We would visit this resort again, but only for a week of relaxation and sunbathing. As we did the tours on this holiday, we feel that we would not wish to do them again.

We did the Cairo trip by plane, which meant waking at 3am, being picked up at 4am, and not returning till 11pm. This was an exceptionally long day. But on the whole we did enjoy the holiday.

Hotelroom

by RitchiS1

"Hotel / Beach Albatros"

"Beach / Hotel Albatros"

"Beach / Beach Albatros"

"Outsidebar / Beach Albatros"

"NAAMA BAY"

New City Pedestrian Zone also called NEW SHARM , a little bit more exclusive as Sharm El Seik

SHARM EL SHEIK

by RitchiS1

"BEACH ALBATROS"

"BEACH ALBATROS"

The beach can be reached by stairs or using the elevator .

"NAAMA BAY"

Not far away from SHARM EL SHEIK , lots of DIVINGCENTERS are here , the most popular will be the SINAI DIVERS.

U can get there by DOLMUSCAR . That will be very cheap .
There are signe with a YELLOW LINE . Sorry I d´ont know now the exact price , but it s 20 times cheaper as a TAXICAP !!

BEACH ALBATROSBEACH ALBATROS

BEACH ALBATROSBEACH ALBATROS

Beach AlbatrosBeach Albatros

Looking across Maya Bay to Beach AlbatrosLooking across Maya Bay to Beach Albatros

beach albatros

by maesh+fay

hi we,r stay at the beach albatros my wife and i so are looking for some one who as stayed there to give us some info as all reviews seem to b bad i know some people moan about every thing and hope hotel is,nt as bad as they say

Beach Albatros

by beetlebarbie

We're thinking of going to Egypt in August and have been offered the Beach Albatros, but I can't find any reviews!!

Just want to know how close it is to Naama bay and if anyone has stayed there?

Also, anything we should know before going???

by carrot2502

Hi BB,

Just returned from The Beach Albatros in Sharm. We went with Odyssey Worldwide on an AI basis. See my reply to Steve Ward in an earlier post.

No probs at all with the hotel. Spectacular views, very obliging staff and very adequate food for AI.

I reckon its about 8/9 miles from Naama Bay, but Sharm is a very stretched out resort. Taxis are cheap if you're not too "squeamish" about their condition!

Snorkelling and diving excellent close to the Albatros.
Which company are you booking with? Please let me know and ,if you require any more info?

Regards
Roger.

by babs003

Hi
Just returned from Beach Albatros, hotel is very nice although I stayed in one of the chalets, I had food poisoning which robbed me of 6 days, local doctor good with a course of injections for the severe stomach cramps.

The beach is great with a private lift, the fish are excellent and I would recommend snorkelling to the far left.

My holiday was supposed to be all inclusive however, they will charge for things like fresh orange juice in the restaurant, burger and chips at the beach restaurant so ask first because they don;t tell you until they come back with the receipt for you to sign!!

I was ripped off by the taxi from the airport, it shold only cost £5 but they would not move below £15 and took us to the Royal Albatros by mistake then wanted another £15 pounds to take us to the Beach Albatros.

The staff are very friendly the Sun Shine Team are very energetic with their volleyball, water aerobics etc,

If you haggle for goods remember the first price you hear is about 4 times

by beetlebarbie

Thank you for your reply... I've now booked the Pyramisa instead!! Just hoping for the best when we get there but i'm sure we'll have a fantastic time regardless!!!

Beach Albatros Hotel

by SteveWarren

The only time I could book my holiday was the beging of August, will the weather in Sham el Sheik be bearable for my 6 year old son?

Also has any one stayed at the Beach Albatros Hotel on the Ras Om sid plateau, if so whats it like.

Re: Beach Albatros Hotel

by Jukes

Hello Steve, my girlfriend and I are looking at staying at this hotel as well, so are interested in any replies you get.

The only thing I can comment on is that we've been told that the summers are hot and dry. But because of the low humidity during the summer, it makes the heat much more bearable.

Re: Beach Albatros Hotel

by carrot2502

Hi Steve,

Have just returned from a (too short) week at The Beach Albatros, Sharm. This was our first visit to a Red Sea resort as we normally do the "culture" thing in Luxor and Cairo.

The Albatros is, in my opinion, a 3+* rather than the 4* it is claimed to be. Having said that, my wife, myself and our two kids (15&11) had an absolute whale of a time!

The view from the peninsula is absolutely stunning and using a lift to access the beach is unusual to say the least. Food in the hotel (we were AI) is quite acceptable and the staff cant do enough for you.

A taxi to Old Sharm Market is around 15LE. Plenty of shops, but nothing spectacular.

Take a bread roll from the beach bar at lunchtime and just walk out into the crystal clear water. Within seconds you will be totally surrounded by an amazing array of fishes.

Mail me if you require any more specific info.

Roger.

Thanks for the reply.
Glad to hear you had a fabulous time.
Its great to know the food is good because I've read some real horror stories about the food at some all inclusive hotels in Egypt..

Hi,
I've had one reply so far and they say they had a great time. The food was acceptable and the staff couldn't do enough for you.
They would have rated the hotel 3*+ rather than 4 Stars but I suspected this any way.

I'm almost certain now that you can see the replies I'm getting anyway. If not reply to this mail and I'll do my best to pass on the comments to you.

By the way when were you thinking of traverling?

Thanks for the advice on the weather.

Steve

by Jukes

I have been waiting to see what the replies were to your post and haven read them I think it that the price we've been quoted and the response sounds good enough for us. So, lieterally in about ten minutes time I shall ringing up the travel agent to book it!

We are planning on going on the 8th July for a week, so we will be able to give the full lowdown of everything before you go!!

Comments