4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Costs 25% less but rated 19% lower than other 4.5 star hotels

More about Hauza Beach Resort

Snorkellin

by Cat1976 about Hauza Resort

Snorkelling and scube diving are both available at the hotel.

There is a jetty that will take you out past the corals to save your feet.

There are diving lessons available, first in the pool and then they take you out.

(Both are very reasonably priced)

Water park for all ages!

by Cat1976 about Hauza Resort

This hotel complex is enormous. Our room was a 10 minute walk from reception but we had amazing views of the beach and the sea.

The hotel had a large indoor air conditioned restaurant serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. There was also the outdoor Tirana restaurant (did not eat here but it looks nice). There was a beach bar that served delicious pizzas and drinks and a pool bar that served pastries as a morning and afternoon snack.

The hotel had a small outdoor, but shaded gym. this also provided massages (very good). Both pools were lovely.

The large pool had a shallow area for children, basketball hoops, a swim up bar and water aerobics twice a day.

The pool with flumes had 3 slides, a shaded jacuzzi and various other little pools at different levels.

The Hauza Experience

by TripAdvisor Member Scnauzer

We arrived at Hauza Beach as a party of 14 (6 adults, 8 children) at about 5pm. We had booked 3 family rooms. Only one of our rooms was ready upon arrival so one family went off and unpacked in their family room. About 2 hours later the other two familiies were shown to their double rooms which only contained two beds (5 in each family). After an inordinate amount of time we finally paid to upgrade the two double rooms to suites (not before the family who had already unpacked had moved rooms to try and resolve the situation) and we finally got into our rooms at around midnight. Not a great start but we put it behind us and vowed to start the holiday properly the following day.

I agree with lots of previous reports - the hotel and its grounds do look impressive with great views, flamingos in a natural pool, great water slide pool etc. Unfortunately looks can be deceiving.

We all felt that the main problem was that the management did not have the ability to make this into a five star hotel. They had a good start but didn't capitalise on it.
I think you have to expect that you haven't paid 5 star prices and you therefore really do get what you paid for.

Apart from the awful check in experience (we weren't the only ones), I list below some other problems:

1) Expected tummy upsets and went very well prepared with virtually all of Boots in my case. Took all necessary precautions ie no ice, no salads, no icy cold drinks on top of warm tummies, careful handwashing, shade between 12 and 3 etc etc. However, within the first day or two, we all started to get bad cramps and everything else. This lasted pretty much the duration of the holiday.
2) Our room lost power 3 times and water twice. With 5 of you fighting for the loo and no flush or handwashing facilities this was not a very nice experience.
3) Main pool great (clean while we were there) but as someone else mentioned very dangerous tiles around the edge - some of which are broken and therefore sharp or not there at all. Two toddlers in our group badly scraped their legs.
4) Jungle pool great fun but filthy and not manned by life guards. Make sure you go down after your children because other older kids don't leave enough time. We saw lots of under fives being rammed and dunked by teenagers and adults who simply hadn't waited for their ride to finish.
5) Rooms clean but basic and house keepers very sweet sometimes leaving lovely towel arrangements. Again we expereinced terrible childrens beds with sharp rusty nails sticking out of them and broken slats.
6) Lack of parasols around the pool a real problem. We found dome people were actually laying out their towels before they went to bed the night before! We always managed to get some shade though just by speaking to (and paying) the pool attendant.
7) Alcohol undrinkable except beer and rum. Wish I'd taken my own duty free for the room.
8) Grounds stink! They really do water with sewage. Obviously it's a desert but we haven't experienced this at other hotels - it just wasn't treated well enough at the Hauza.

Some good things:
1) Lovely staff - very friendly, kind and sweet. None of this is their fault and we never took issue with them.
2)Fantastic snorkelling right off the beach (take beach shoes that you can swim in)
3)Weather - I was dreading the heat. Not being a sun person many people did their best to put me off Egypt in August. But their was no humidity and a constant breeze made it very hot but very pleaseant.
We moved hotels after the tenth day and wished we'd done it sooner. Just had to finish the holiday off nicely and went to Marriott Grand Renaissance which we'd thoroughly recommend.

LOVELY PLACE !!

by TripAdvisor Member Hauzaerewecome

First of all you get what you pay for don't expect five star and you won't be disappointed. Travelled to the Hauza Beach Resort on 17th Aug for two weeks .Two adults and 4 children aged 10,9,7,5.Due to the negative reports on trip advisor we had attempted to change our hotel but were unable. On arrival we were greeted by disgruntalled English guests complaining of severe stomach upsets which were rife in the resort. Not a good start. . We found our rooms to be very clean and adequate although not enough room to store clothes (take some hangers). On the first day the jungle pool was a little muggy ,it was hard to keep an eye on four kids there and its not the safest place for younger children so we spend most of our time in the main pool which was great as the pool bar is nearby. The drinks are terrible only the beer is ok . If you drink alcohol take it with you from duty free you can buy real coca cola in hauza shop. The beach is nice snorkeling a must - fantastic pizzas are very good on the beach and Mohameud is fantastic and will go out of his way for you.The quiet beach has more sunbeds with parasols. We always managed to get a sun bed round the main pool although lots of people found they were all taken at 6am we only arrived at pool at 10am at the earliest and always found at least two. Although as we were leaving things quietened down a lot. The gardens are watered with sewerage but it wasn't a big problem for us late risers !! Most people thought the entertainment was rubbish my kids enjoyed it but if you meet some good people you can have a great time amongst yourselves or go into naama bay. Naama Bay has loads of great places to eat we went to pizza hut and its really cheap. The hotel food is ok but gets boring. The indian was ok the tiriana restaurant was very good, you can have steak there. The glass bottom boat trip was fab booked with el sherriff round the pool.There are a lot of tummy upsets in Egypt I had one that lasted most of my holiday I took Imodium to no effect and waited and eventually got some medication. The chemist wont give you anything unless you see the doctor (Hauza rules) If you do get a tummy bug sort it straight away Imodium doesn't work and it doesn't go away !! Breakfast with the chimps is good the photographer is excellent. You have to pay for this and the photographs but the photos are excellent.
The Hauza is NOT ACCESSABLE for disabled unless you have a room near pool and only go to pool, the ramps are very steep and its very difficult to access beach and tiriana restaraunt. If you are a wheelchair user ask for a room near pool ,room 910 as there is a slope at the side down to beach and its near the pool. There is crazy paving everywhere you have to watch your step ! Although we have a disabled child in a buggy and we were ok but only cos my strong hubby did all the pushing !!
Overall the surroundings are lovely ,food is ok and drinks are poor you can have a lovely relaxing time at the Hauza (not much to do at night unless you meet someone. )We spent first few nights watching movie channel at 10pm.
We really enjoyed our stay at the Hauza.The airport was better than we expected too ! and the planes overhead arent a problem .
You can have a great time at the hauza if your prepared .Don't worry about negative comments because its lovely .Some people wont have a good time but thats down to them. If you want 5 star PAY for it !! and stop trying to get a cheap deal then moaning and spoiling it for others !!! Visit the forum for more views!! Lisa

Sorry but I have to disagree with the previous writer

by TripAdvisor Member theboss

I have read the previous review with interest, I do not live like a king in the UK, I was not rude to anyone on holiday, but have to say that the Hauza is not fantastic and no where near it.

The beach, and sea are excellent, especially the snorkling. The rooms are a good size, and kept clean. The staff are fine, the pools are good (especially the slide pool). However the food can best be described as school dinners, it is hetic in the dining room and meal times are by no means relaxing. I would however recommend the pizza's served at the beachside.

The drinks are very poor, and the animation team should be shot (there is nothing to do on the evening), however you can always jump in a taxi.

I was relieved that I had only booked a week's holiday, and I was happy to be returning home (I think this is the only time I have ever felt this way about a holiday).

I have travelled extensively, and stayed in a variety of accommodation, every member of my family was ill, and I have to say that a holiday to the Hauza would not be on my list of places to recommend to others (it would in fact be near if not at the bottom).

Stay Away At All Costs!!!!!!!!!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member Bunny17

I travelled with my Husband & 2 young children & we were all ill - suspect this was picked up from the Jungle Pool which was not very clean (in fact during our stay someone had accidently used the slide as a toilet, they advised the Hauza staff who scooped it out & poored clorine into the pool - while we were swimming in it! - and didn't bother to clean up the skid mark which was left on the slide itself!!!) or we may have picked the bug up from the food as the first night we arrived we had chicken with blood in the middle! We ended up eating out at the Hard Rock cafe quite a few nights - along with many other guests from the Hauza - it was quite a reunion!
It might seem a great price for a 5 star hotel but the saying is certainly true - "You only get what you pay for". This certainly isn't a 5 star hotel, more like 3. They certainly have the facilities of a 5 star but have not got a clue what to do with it or about Customer Satisfaction.
The Reservations Manager was very rude - the first night we arrived we had a problem with our room - along with the majority of other guests booking in that night, it was utter caos!
My advise to anyone thinking of staying at the Hauza is "Don't" or if you've already booked "Sorry! Take plenty of Imodiam!"

WOW

by TripAdvisor Member motherhen5

Family of 6 from Cheshire

We have just returned from the Hauza on the 16th September 2006 and what can i say apart from thankyou for an amazing holiday. And i am very annoyed at some of the bad reviews this hotel has had. Prior to going i looked at this site and to be honest got very scared by what people said about it but it was too late to cancel and im a single parent of 4 children and couldn't afford to change my holiday plans at last minute as this was a holiday of a lifetime for us but i took a deep breath and thought hey we will just have to make the most of it. Thank god i did the place is amazing but i would like to respond to some of the bad reviews that have been placed on this site

1) Use of sewage to water the grounds, WRONG it may smell like it but i have never seen sewage water look that clear like tap water and anyway the smell lasts for about 5 mins tops so what is the big deal

2) Food, trust me i have very fussy children when it comes down to what they put in their mouth and im a very good cook also, but the food was great lots of choice but what my sad moaning british counterparts forgot was we were not in spain where everything is produced for us british, we were in Egypt a country that only recently started to cater for tourists as a holiday resort and not just an historical site and since most of the holiday makers are German or Russian with very few british should you expect a full English breakfast when you get up, Don't think so.

3) The rooms, well considering you only sleep in them and not spend your whole holiday in them the rooms were great, they were cleaned on a daily basis with fresh linen and towels, again go to a hotel in spain or even this country and you would be lucky if your room was cleaned twice during a 2 week stay.

4) The staff, you couldn't get any friendlier, they bent over backwards to help with anything. Our flight was delayed 6 hours coming home so we didn't leave the hotel when we should of at 2.30pm but in fact stayed till 7pm, Normally when you check out a 12pm you are not entitled to your all inclusive food and drink but the hotel management allowed us to have as much as we wanted as it was not our fault, again thanks because small children can't go without food or pop for too long.

Anyway in conclusion myself and my family will be returning as soon as possible and i am telling as many people as i can what a great place the Hauza is, my 60 year old mother whom i took on holiday with myself and the children has travelled all over Europe and spent at least 12 weeks a year in some top hotels has never had as much fun and enjoyed herself with no complaints as she did at the Hauza and will be returning also.

So if you love to moan about anything and everything do everyone a favour and just stay at home because im sure it must be so perfect that nothing compares to it.

Thankyou Hauza see you soon x

Red sea delight

by TripAdvisor Member iidmac

I would imagine like most people I didn't pay a great deal for my week of fun at the Hauza and therefore wasn't really expecting 5* European quality .

Lets mention the plus points first.
The family room was spacious ,clean, had a fantastic view over the red sea and a bathroom bigger than some hotel rooms iv'e stayed in.
The beach ,lagoons and reef off the end of the jetty fantastic, if you enjoy snorkelling you will be at home here.
My children 10 and 15 enjoyed the slide park and spent more time there than on the beach which suited my wife and me fine.
The room cleaner was very helpfull and a small tip ensured a plentifull supply of water and fruit juices in our fridge every day.
The pizza bar on the beach is well worth the wait ,but make sure you get a ticket from the beach bar opposite for your pizza(s) before you start queueing.You can order as many pizza's as you like.
The hotel guests were a mixture of Brits,Germans,Dutch,French,Belgians,Italians and Russians which was very enjoyable as you were able to share views with a wide mixture of people who were mostly only too happy to pass on their own experiences particularly regarding trips .The queue at the pizza bar was a good place for gossip.
The negatives.
The tour rep will try and sell you trips at vastly inflated prices than you will have to pay in Naama Bay for the same trips with often the same operators.
The camel trip at sundown with visit to a bedouin village .It sounds quite romantic however,If as on our trip the bus taking you into the desert is late you will miss the sunset and be riding your camel in pitch blackness oddly there are no street lights in the desert and the bedouin village is a collection of open air cushions and tables round an unlit campfire where you are served very sweet tea.
The main restaurant in the Hauza reminded me of a self service school dinner hall . The food was mostly mundane but eddible .
The all inclusive drinks were often warm particularly in the restaurant and by the pool bar where most people congregate on an evening.There are insufficient fridges and no ice , bottled water is so cheap you would think the hotel could supply ice made from bottled water.
The bar in reception serves the coldest drinks.
There is no adult entertainment of any description if you want some you need to go to Naama bay .

In general you don't need to leave the hotel complex in the daytime as there is plenty to do and in August the weather is fantastic.
On the evening temperatures are still in the high 30's which tends to send you looking for air con which is really only adequate in your hotel rooms.
If I was to go back to the red sea I think I would pay more money and stay in or nearer to Naama bay in an internationally known hotel.

That said I think you generally get what you pay for and if you are on a budget hols I think the Hauza gives value for money and is particularly suited to family's ,the children had a great time

You may be expecting a little Too much from the place !

by TripAdvisor Member Jeditid

OK, let's get something straight, this is a 5* Rated hotel in Egypt, and i bet no-one has spent more than £1000 per person to stay here for 2 weeks. If you have you should have looked harder on the web !

Let's get this in perspective, if you are expecting the Hilton or the Ritz and have stayed in 5* Hotels in the UK you MUST realise that you don't get a week in a 5 star hotel for £500 !, £1000 maybe and so when you arrive please remember this was not an expensive hotel.

The hotel is in Egypt, a third world country and also used to catering for Germans, Italians and Russians, these all have different diets and i think they are catering more for these markets, not for those of the English. If you have stayed in an All Inclusive in the States or the Caribbean they cater for the Yanks and this is TOTALLY different to Europe or Africa.

OK..... The hotel was clean, tidy had good facilities, good pools, a nice quiet beach with great snorkelling, expecially off the jetty. The rooms were good, from what we could see as we stayed in a beach bungalow with lovely views over the sea.
The main restaurant is the same as other hotels we have stayed in, in Egypt. Busy, a fair selection of Beef, Chicken and Fish, lots of salads and some weird and wonderful vegetables !
However, the soups were always good and the sweet selection was excellent.
Service could have been better, but hey we didn't tip like everyone else, we just couldn't be bothered!

The Indian Restaurant was excellent and the staff very attentive and helpful, we ate there twice over the 2 weeks and ate in Naama bay a couple of times.

The Pools were cleaned every 2/3 days i think, as with the amount of kids around you can imagine the state of the water !!! The Jungle pool was fun and the flumes were great, especially late in the day with fewer queues.

I will agree with everyone else though, don't bank on getting a sunbed or brolly unless you get up at 3.30am to mark your spot. This is wrong I know, and the main culprits seem to be the English as much as anyone !! For our stay we would get up about 10.30am and never had a problem getting a bed or a shade on the quiet beach maybe more people should have tried the beaches they were really lovely.
You really needed a shade between 12 and 3 as temperatures were reaching 45 degrees plus !

Met some great people on the holiday and had some great fun with Linda, Yvonne, Brett, George, Lisa and Sam from Hackney - you can read their review here as well, they certainly help keep us entertained in the evenings as the biggest let down is the lack of anything to do at night.

Ask anyone who saw the bellydancer !!!!! hmmm.... i think she needed a few lessons herself !

Trips in and around Sharm were great and as always i would recommend booking through your rep, we enjoyed a fantastic boat trip on a yacht and a great trip on quads into the desert....BUT.......this is NOT Luxor or the Nile. Sharm is like Tenerife - just for tourism so don't expect to see the real Egypt, do a Nile Cruise or visit Cairo for that !

Anyone who can dive will love the place as I did my PADI course at the Sheraton and thought it was wonderful, great tuition and would recommend it to everyone.

Overall a good relaxing holiday, great weather if you like the heat, can be too hot in the day, you will get a bad stomach - it's the heat and difference in climate etc - i don't believe its the food - and for those people who liked drinking ice cold drinks - that is probably why you had an upset stomach !!!

Would we go again ?
Not to Hauza, it was good value but we would go B&B next time and not in August, but Egypt yes, great country, likeable people and very cheap !!!!

Worst Holiday Ever

by TripAdvisor Member mckenzie1

My husband and i went here for one week and it was the worst week of our lives. We were both really ill despite being very carefull, my husband was so ill he collapsed and as a result split all his lip open.
The food was ok and i would reccomend the indian resturant which was was lovely, the pools were good but lots of grass in them (which was watered with raw sewage) hence more dodgy tummies.
The waiters couldn't do enough for you so long as you tip them, but the drink all tasted the same.
All in all i would definetly NOT reccommend this place to anyone

Nice view without ugly lift shaftNice view without ugly lift shaft

shisha water pipe, while the durvish performsshisha water pipe, while the durvish performs

boattrip: snorkeling gear, swimmingsuit, T-shirtboattrip: snorkeling gear, swimmingsuit, T-shirt

Pontoon over the coral berrierPontoon over the coral berrier

by charmy25

Almost decided on the Hauza Beach Resort which seems to be a 5-star situated on Nabq Bay.

Is there any other entertainment in the same bay?
How much would it cost to go to Sharm and by what means??

by Clarelouise

I am going to Hauza Beach Resort on 1st July for 2 weeks, anyone been that can tell me a little more? Anyone else going at this time?
Clare

RE: Hauza Beach Resort

by glenandcarly

we are staying at hauza beach from the 15th july, read mixed reports. not really sure what to expect. although the newest reviews i've read have been the better ones. so fingers crossed!!

carly

xx

Hauza beach resort

by nicolanikki13

Anyone going to the Hauza beach resort, Sharm El Sheik 16th July? (Flying from Newcastle)Im going with my husband and 2 girls aged 15 and 11. Really excited but worried about getting ill. Not long now.
anyone going to this hotel? Maybe meet up for a few drinks

by sarah27

me and my family are going to the hauza but not while 9th august for 2 weeks seen some great reviews for the hauza, have a great time sarah

by glenandcarly

Hi! me and my boyfriend are flying out from London Gatwick on the 15th July for two weeks. read some mixed reviews but all the more recent ones have good reviews, so can't wait now. x

RE: RE: Hauza beach resort

by slinky27

see you there were flying out on the 12th for 2 weeks 7 of us ,, have a great time

by scattybat

can you please let me know what the hotel is like, we are going there on 17/10? is the reef good? food? rooms? do the pools live up to the pictures? whats the entertainment like?
hope you had a brilliant time, egypt is great!
thanks