Peace Road-Naama Bay, Sharm El Sheikh, 375, Egypt

Travelocity Expedia.com HotelTravel.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 44% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Oriental Rivolli more of 3* then 4*

Just came back from Sharm where we stayed in Oriental Rivolli Resort for a Week and enjoyed the Stay. Will try and provide a detailed information for thye Resort for my fellow VT

Location - Top Location - 5 mins to Namma Bay by Taxi, 5 mins walk to the Beach, 15 mins to Airport. (4 Star)

Rooms - Booked a Superior Double and had a swimming pool facing Balcony.
    The Size of the room was small and the they had two seperate single beds which when joined created a gap in the bed after some time (Not 2 comfortable)
    The Bathroom does not have a Bath and is nowhere near 4Star Rating of the Hotel
    Mini Bar is expensive a bottle of water cost 6-7 LE , can buy a bigger Bottle of water in 2 LE from the beside 24*7 Supermarket/

People - The Front office staff is Ok just like others but couple of them were really good. Don't remember the names but the one who stays in Night at FO and one who runs the BAR on the Right when you enter the Hotel.

Food - We were booked in only for the Breakfast and I am glad I did not Full Board. One of the worst breakfast I have ever had.
    - Same food on Daily Basis
    - No Fresh Fruits
    - Only 2-3 types of simple Cereals
    - No Fresh Juices
    - Cold Boiled Eggs
    - No Brown Bread

If I would go there probably I'll just stay there and for Breakfast i'll go to the nearby Cafe which serves some really delicious breakfast.

Facilities

Unique Quality: Great Location

More about Oriental Rivoli Hotel

Great hotel

by TripAdvisor Member BjoernK

We spent the last week before Christmas at the Oriental Rivoli and were very pleased with our stay.

We had a room with a balcony, and the room was spotlessly cleaned every day. The boy who cleaned our room was very friendly, as was most of the staff at the hotel.

We spent only one day at the beach, which had fantastic snorkelling only 20 metres from the shore, the corals and fish vere amazing. But apart from that, the sunbeds were uncomfortable, it was annoying to be approached people who wanted to sell and the beach was very crowded, so we ended up spending our days by the pool.Here the sunbeds were comfortable and it was nice and quiet.

Pleasantly surprised

by TripAdvisor Member goonerjae

We arrived at the oriental rivoli hotel, to be greeted with a refreshing fruit drink during check in, which was a painless 5 minutes. Our bags were left outside the front of the hotel for ten minutes in the carpark but under supervision of one of the hotels many security guards, a practise which seems to be undertaken at many hotels in sharm. Our suitcases were then taken to our room by a member of staff who showed us where everything was on the way, and we couldnt miss tariq/totti the bar man who came out from behind his pool bar to come and greet and meet us.

The rooms had a very nice oriental theme and were decorated to a decent standard with the usual ammenities (flat screen tv, air con, fridge) the fridge was also the mini bar, the bathroom was decorated to a very high standard and the sink was hand carved from solid granite with marble floors and walls, the shower was very spacious and you could fit a small crowd in there.

After we settled down we went down to totti's bar to meet him and immediatly felt very welcomed and comfortable, totti is a real good laugh and a great character, and as the holiday went on we built up a great rapport with him.

The hotel rule that you cant bring food into the hotel didnt seem to be much of a problem, as the prices thay charged for water/drinks werent too bad considering other hotels always seem to have extortionate prices, obviously this is has an active benefit towards the guests health and safety while staying there. ( I caught a cold sore from the top of a dirty can of ice tea from the local supermarket, this could not have happened at the hotel!).

As the holiday went on we noticed how polite and very well disciplined the staff were and the staff would go well out of their way to help you. Two examples of this were on one occasion i was sitting at the bar very late at night, and didnt have a light for my cigarette, totti made a phone call and sent for ibrahim (sinbads bar) who came out to the pool bar to give me lighter to light a cigarette. On the other occasion I had the expected upset stomach after a few days and mentioned this to totti who made me a cup of mint lemon lime and hot water and this cleared me up and made me feel alot better. Its the little things like this that get noticed and made the stay at the oriental rivoli very enjoyable.

At night the shisha bar opens up stairs above the restaurant area, which has a billiards/pool table and music tv channels. Be warned if you play pool against mahmood who normally works the bar up there as he is very good at pool and can play well when under pressure.

This hotel was just slightly out of the naama bay nightlife but still only 1 minute away on the peace road (which can be a good thing when naama bay gets a bit too much) and can be very peaceful if you prefer a quiet night for once.

all in all I would highly reccomend this hotel for a peaceful stay in naama bay, and 'when' I do return, I will be staying at the oriental rivoli again without a doubt.

note: on our last night, our flight was delayed by 7 hours by the notorious and now bankrupt 'xl airlines', the Civil Aviation Authority put us up in the hilton dreams resort and this wasnt as good as the oriental rivoli.

Honest review.

by TripAdvisor Member BoyLookaHere

ive been to sharm about 7 times and this hotel was by far the worst hotel i have saw here.
when you first arrive outside the hotel, you see this very small building that barely looks like a hotel, surrounded by construction sites.
the lobby is brand new, but its VERY small, the pool area is also very small and it can fit around 20 people.
the rooms have no windows, although they were brand new, and had a nice "oriental" feeling.
All drinks were local, and food was anything but special.
this hotel doesnt even deserve 4 stars.

Very Disappointed

by TripAdvisor Member maria1970

The hotel overall is average, but during our 7 night stay they implemented some very odd rules. Bearing in mind the daytime temperature is 40+ the hotel produced a sign saying that NO food or beverages were allowed inside the hotel. This is totally ridiculous. Our friends recommended this hotel to us as they had stayed there in April and they bought sandwiches from outside and ate them by the pool (they bought chips from the pool bar).. all we wanted to do was bring in the odd bag of crisps and large bottles of water (as you need to drink loads) BUT NO beverages included water... this wasn't noted when we booked and was actually implemented after the first few days of our stay... they were even searching your bags before letting you in the hotel....

It spoilt what was a good holiday... Greedy hotels should charge a fair price for there water if they are going to inforce this sort of rule.... I won't be staying there again and my friends won't be recommending it to anyone else....

Very Disappointing.... :(

I also had a very bad stomach for three days after having the evening buffet at the hotel... might have been coincidence.. but every other place I ate didn't upset me....

Lovly hotel, family oriented, good service and excellent location.

by TripAdvisor Member JRHaugesund

This was an excellent hotel. Family oriented and my little girl, 4 years old loved the place, and its not so big so it is easy to have the overview. My kid got sun rush on the body so we have to give the massage guys, Tarek and Essam a big thanks for good service and excellent massage, evrybody should try the massage. They helped us with medicine also for the sun rush.
Clean and nice rooms, good and creative personell who made different caricatures of towels/blankets on the bed.
Nice food and excellent chef and good service.
Not all rooms have a balcony in the old part of the hotel, but its not needed because the pool area is very nice. They started to use some rooms in the new part before we left the hotel. Mangement showed us around and its very nice and all rooms have a small balcony against the new pool area. Location of hotel is very nice, 5 minutes of walking to the beach, free towels and beds at the beach and you dont get bodered of sellers there.
Best Regards
Johnny, Ann Helen and Amalie

Any questions? Send us an email and we will try to answer.

johnny.rognaldsen@rctas.no

Friendly & charming

by TripAdvisor Member Mblackpool

I have just returned from this hotel & have had a fantastic week. Travelling alone I was a little worried but needn't have been as all the staff were friendly & helpful. The room was clean & had everything you needed and the hotel was in a good location. Nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff but I want to say a big thank you to Tariq and the cheeky Totti for all their help & for looking after me all week.

by TripAdvisor Member Svennis

Set in the outskirts of Nama Bay, on Peace Road, about 20 minutes by foot to the centre. The well maintained property, which has a part that is newly built, has three swimming pools with plenty of loungers, pool bar and restaurant. In addition, Starbucks and McDonalds is located nest door. Most rooms have balcony, but not all (in the old part of the hotel). The staff is friendly and helpful.

But, there were some downsides. The rooms were not very soundproof and the AC was very nosy. The hotel practices the same ridicules rule as many other hotels in Sharm, not allowing guests to bring food or beverages from the outside into the hotel. They claim this is for hygienic reasons, but what is unhygienic to bring bottled water? And as they didn’t re-stock our minibar for the whole stay, is seems especially meaningless.

They have an arrangement with a beach nearby (5 minute walk, across the heavy trafficked Peace Road), this is part of the Gafy Resort. Not a very nice beach, and one day we had to return from the beach as there where no free sun beds. A good alternative is to go to the beach “El Fanar” (10 min by taxi). Great snorkeling and a wonderful place to enjoy the sunset.

very nice

by TripAdvisor Member henblas

stayed 30/11/2008 for 7 nights read all reviews and took a chance
20 minutes to centre ,5 mins to beach, staff very polite what a change ,this was my 6th visit to naama bay and by far the most hassle free. If you want a clean new hotel with pleasant staff check the price excellent value for money.beach was lovely fish plentifull plenty of sunbeds or tip the lad he will keep you one .At lunch we went to the oonis dive club next door to the sonesta and the days inn.very good food and cheap! we ate there one night and the fish was lovely . I would use this hotel again or I would stay at oonis dive club

absolutely fantastic

by TripAdvisor Member losseyDevon

what a lovely hotel really spotless room cleaned every day towels changed room cleaner left us beautifull towel art every day
the people were really friendly .
food was good only downside was the pools were freezing.
pool bar was etertaining tahir was a real charmer really friendly & made you welcomeas did the massage men
will be back again this year

Comments