4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

More about Sunrise Island View Resort

Awful Place

by TripAdvisor Member MickeyHertford

We booked a week at the Sunrise Island View at short notice, starting on the 4th January 2007, and were ensured by our travel agent that this was a 4 star resort.

Please be aware that this is more like a 2 star resort. I will keep this short, but here are my comments;

1/ Filthy and tatty bathrooms
2/ Dirty and depressing rooms
3/ Terrible food - half raw omlette anyone?
4/ Dirty restaurant - stained table cloths
5/ Vile drinks. G&T tasted like washing up liquid. Wine was watered down so much it tasted like a spritzer
4/ Awful smell in all communal areas (I couldnt bare to be inside it was so bad)
5/ Male staff who lear at females

This place was so awful we checked out after 2 days and paid to stay at a lovely hotel just 10 minutes down the road. checking out early was a completely stressful experience - we honestly thought that they were not going to let us leave.

I read other reviews before we went to this place but I have to say that I truly do not agree with any good things written.

The best holiday ever!

by TripAdvisor Member camille23

Me and my sister have just come back from the Sunrise Island View hotel and had a fantastic stay there. We stayed there for one week in a junior suite and it was fab. The room was nice and spacious suitable for a family of 4. Our room was cleaned daily and our bed linen and towels were changed on a daliy basis by a one of the staff and on our last day he picked 2 flowers for me and my sister and gave them to us as a gift., we thought it was so thoughtful. All the staff there speak really good english and are so helpful and polite. I would recomend that if you stay here to book a table in the italian a la carte resturaunt, the food is so delicious and you don't have to pay extra. The buffet in the main resturaunt was ok but the food was caterd for other nationalites,the service from the waiters was excellent and nothing was too much trouble. If you did'nt know this already then you do now, upstairs by reception there is a disco as they say that play dance,electro and rnb music and its from 2300-0300am there drinks there are extra but not too expencive depending on what you have the have cocktails and non-alcoholic ones too and you should try the Island view which has mango, pineappple orange in yum. Namma bay is ok but there is some shops over the road from the hotel where you can buy just about anything. Overall it was a great holiday and we had a great time so don't listen to the ones that say bad things about it because you don't know what its like until you have been. Hope this is helpful.

Great Holiday

by TripAdvisor Member Charlotte7272

I returned home to England yesterday after staying for a week at Sunrise Island. I went with my fiance.

The best bits:

- The staff were brilliant, could not have asked for a better service. Animation were all so friendly.
-Pools and outdoor areas were all clean and very attractive. Pool 3 was the quiet one, pool 2 is where you go for all day activities and a heated pool!
-Weather was lovely.
-Beauty salon was great, we went for a treatment and got the best massages of our lives!
-Hairdressers was good, you get one free appointment while you are there, I went for a blow dry ont he last day and the lady did a good job.

The worst bits:

-The food was a bit strange due to the fact they have to cater for about 5 different nationalities.
-The Russian guests were vile and rude I have never seen anything like it, the staff also seem to dislike them.
-My partner had an expensive jumper go missing on the boat trip we went on
-The men outside the resort can be very leary but do not actually approach you or anything, just stare!

The rest:
-Rooms were fine, bathrooms a little tired but clean, housekeeping were excellent, always wanting to clean!!
-Drinks were great and plentiful, our fave was the pina coladas, we got our money's worth.
-Reception were helpful and spoke good english.
-Disco was good but the drinks are extra in there which put us off a bit.
-There are activites all day everyday by the animation team.
-Naama bay is worth a visit there is a hard rock cafe and tgi fridays to go to if the food in the hotel is not to your liking, both much less expsnive than at home.

Overall we had a lovely time, it's not 5 star maybe 3 or 4 star but a holiday is what you make of it, I do not think the hotle deserves a lot of the bad reviews I have seen on this site!

loved the animation team

by TripAdvisor Member ann31

great experiance. first time to egypt. hotel not 5 star possibly 3 star. The food was not too bad but not great variety esp english. Staff were wonderful could not praise them enough. The animation team and entertainment team were marvellous to me and my family and made my holiday , cant wait to return again. If your wanting fun and games throughout your holiday this is the hotel to go to. visit pool number 2 during day for great entertainment and as must to see the shows at the ampitheatre at night followed by the discotheque.

what a great place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member Bush2007

For are first time to eygpt we was very impressed. The workers cant do enough for you and the rooms was well set out. The food was great and the local beer was just like normal british beer. The entertainment through the day was good and the entertainment team got as many people involved who wanted to.The only thing that was a couple of the shows on the nights was not the best but its eygptian humour. If anyone who goes this resort take a snorkel cos the coral is fantastic with all the diffrent fish.

A pleasant escape

by TripAdvisor Member littev0ices

I stayed at this hotel with my wife from the 5th-12th of February 2007 after booking a last minute deal to escape the cold UK. Just to note the whole hotel is all inclusive, and almost everything was "free".

Arrival at the hotel was excellent, the staff member checking us in joked, spoke excellent english and was just a great. Getting to our room the air con wasn't working, but, in about 2 minutes our cleaner arrived to fix it. Not quite sure if this was a way to earn an extra tip, or was just excellent service but was still all fine.

The Room
Egypt is a little strange in that most hotels seem to like twin rooms, since we stayed in the standard room type there were two single beds, but, they were comfy enough and there were lots of blankets and sheets if you needed them. Aircon worked a treat as well, and also worked even when we weren't in the room (I've been in hotels where it gets turned off when you remove your key). The TV was also very big. Even better, we had a nice balcony with a side view of the sea (room 938). Checking in we were apparently given a better room, but without seeing the others I can't comment. The only poor area was the bathroom which was a little bit dirty, had only a shower (though it was very hot!) and was quite small.

The Food
The hotel has two a-la-carte restaurants that need to be booked in advance, one egyptian food and one Italian. Both were excellent, providing far too much food to eat and it was of a really high quality. The standard buffet restaurant was fine... with it having a lot of Russians staying here the food wasn't the typical fare we'd expect (e.g. pastas without any sauces could be freshly cooked for you...), but, there was a lot of choice - more so in the evenings. Also there was always a freshly roasted fish or meat available which was nice. Overall this restaurant wasn't amazing, but was certainly edible.

Drinks
All fine, cheap alcohol and staff seemed to make the cocktails in a different way each day, but, kept you feeling refreshed and happy. There was a reasonable variety of drinks available in lots of places around the hotel.

Beach
Not a sandy beach here, but, the beach is just at the bottom of the hotel. Lots of beach loungers, two jetties out to the sea (and a lovely reef, perfect for scuba diving or snorkeling). There was also free food and drink during the day served right on the beach which was nice.

Pools
A little cold even in February, but, there was one heated pool. I'm sure in summer the main pools will be lovely to swim in.

Grounds
Lots of trees and greenery all over, also the hotel isn't typical in that every 2 "rooms" are in a seperate little house which makes it a change from high rise blocks. The hotel also has a river of water running slowly from the enterance to the hotel all the way down to the beach pool, which looks nice, adds a nice waterfall to the beach pool and also adds to the atmosphere.

Extras
As mentioned before you get a free haircut, massage and 30minute dive with the standard package, my wife had a haircut and was impressed. There was also a health club and jacuzi for free too, but we skipped that.

Overall
A nice hotel to stay in, as mentioned before, its not a 4 or 5* as we'd expect in the UK, but, the staff were helpful, facilities ok and the weather great. If you want to go relax in the sun for a week for a good price then I'd certainly recommend this.

good enough for me.

by TripAdvisor Member paullrobson

me and my wife stayed hear from 18/2/07-4/3/07 and from the start we new we'd made the right choice of hotel. i'll tell you about our stay.
THE FLIGHT.
We flew with thomas cook from newcastle, i've been on long haul befor so didnt really think about the 5hour flight, i'm 6'4 and the seats on most flight are tight but these we're really tight. never mind tho i made it.
THE AIRPORT.
This place is crazy from the second you get in till the second you leave. first you have to get a visa, if you no your deff not going on any trips you dont need one but if you think you might be get one at the airport there hard to get hold of once you leave.
there is a rule at this airport if you dont work for it then you cant enter so your tour operater will be waiting out side with a clip board. its a little mad but it works. we booked privet transfers it only cost about £20 but its worth it. the hotel is 5 mins from the airport. we arrived about 30 mins befor the rest of our flight got to the hotel.
WELCOME AND ROOM.
Our welcome was nice there was porters out side the hotel they took your bags so you could check in, you get a little pack when you check in. in it is your room keys, all inclosive card, towel card and some stickers to put on you bags so the porters no where your staying. you just leave you bags and you'll be taken to your room. the porters will expect a small tip when they arrive with your bags a £1 or so is more than enough.
the room was a really good size it had a sofa ,chair, tv, fridge(with 2 pepsi 2 7up and 2 water. the water is repaced daily) we also had twin beds which we just pushed together. the bathroom was a little dated but it had bath and shower which was really hot.
THE HOTEL
The hotel is really good and is kept to a high standard. there is loads of trees and grass its more like walking through a village than a hotel. there is 4 pools the main one has the pool bar. it was cold when we were there but was told in the summer the water is a lot hotter. pool 2 is heated so it was the busyist this pool has the action with water games and pool side games. pool 3 is the quiet pool smallest of the 4 but fantastic for waisting the day by. pool 4 is next to the beach and also has a bar there is music played in the back ground but not loud. the beach is very nice. its kept clean all day there is a bar that gives you non alcoholic drinks and a fast food place open at lunch. the sea is amazing and clean the fish is out of this world, they'll swim right up to you.
FOOD
we enjoyed the food it was all cooked properly and served hot. the main reseraunt changed its styles every night(italian french sea foos etc..) the a la cart reteraunts you needed to book but do it as soon as you can they get busy. we never got into the italians but it looked nice. the egyptian a la cart was nice. its on the sea front over looking the beach you get so much food hear its impossible to eat it all.
THE BARS
most of the bars are open 10-10 the victoria bar is open from 10am-6am. i found the drinks better than i expected the beer was always ice cold and the spirits were ok too. there is also a disco but you have to pay for you drinks in there
THE STAFF
the hotel staff were fantastic to the british there really like us there so helpful and will do anything for you (we sat up til 5am one night in the victoria bar trying to learn aribic from the staff). they dont expect tips all the time either like we were told. if you tip them they were happy but if not you wont get any worse of a service. we tipped at the end of our 2 weeks and the service we got was fantastic.
THE RUSSIANS
the hotel was full of russians about 80% they were very rude and ignorent towards every body. but dont let this put you off the staff hate them too so if they try and push in at the bar they will still serve you first and tell them where to go. all the staff can speak very good english russian french so if someome upsets you in any way tell the staff and they will interprit for you.

over all we had a fantastic time and are thinking of going back in october.even if you dont choose this hotel you have got to go to the red sea its amazing. if you want any more info e mail me at paullrobson@aol.com

A wonderful place, heaven on earth!!

by TripAdvisor Member nefull

I am shocked to see negative things written about sunrise as quite simply it can be described as heaven on earth. One can only assume that some people are not satisfied by pure perfection and always like to have something to moan about.

The staff at sunrise will do anything for you and you feel like you are being waited on. It is a place for ultimate relaxation, although there are things that you can do if you are feeling energetic. Rooms were clean and spacious, with restocked mini bars. Pools and all facilities were clean and plentiful and the massage was fantastic.

What i find the most amazing is that the egypytians get paid roughly 100 pound a month for 12 hour days 7 days a week. Despite this they always have smiles on their faces and will do anything for you. And there is no ulterior motive they are just friendly nice people.

I and the five other people that i went with could not fault this place. People that can are obviously never satisfied.

It was paradise.

Great Hotel - Don't book MedHotel Trip as they have charged us twice!

by TripAdvisor Member Kolenal

Fabulous hotel - can't recommend it enough.

We stayed in one of the suites which was well worth the extra money. The grounds are beautiful and the staff were very friendly. We recommend taking your snorkelling gear as the reef is fab. You can buy the snorkelling gear in the supermarket across the road for pretty much the same price as here.

Also, watch out for the open air cinema on the beach one night a week - it was so romantic.

The Italian Restaurant is quite nice, especially if you get a seat outside. The other restaurant is also good for something a bit different - lovely starters and a bar-b-q style main course.

We booked a trip to Caro by plane through MedHotels (£283 per couple). We booked through the hotel as we thought it would be safer rather than relying on the street sellers in the town (which was too touristy for us, and very expensive). The trip was fabulous. However, when we returned home, we saw that we had been charged twice (£283.13 for 2 people - TWICE!). We are still trying to claim the money back through the fraud prevention department of our bank and the bank are not receiving co-operation, hence the delay. I also contacted MedHotels directly together with our holiday provider, but neither of them were interested and said I had to go direct through my bank.

So, book the hotel, but I don't recommend booking the trips through MedHotels.

The staff were great!

by TripAdvisor Member LondonMeme

Reading the reviews before I left for this holiday I was left with mixed feelings as they seem to be from one extreme to the other!

The hotel itself was clean and welcoming. I would not say this is a 5 star as advertised more like an English 3 star. All the pools were clean and well kept. The staff were more than helpful. Give them a little tip and they will look after your every need, with in reason of course!
We went for 2 weeks, and Im sorry to say we were struck down with a dodgy tum! For the first week we were fine but for the second we both had a bad tum on and off. We could not put our finger on what it was, I think it is quite common for visitors to Egypt to suffer from this and it wasnt so bad, I would go back there. And when we were ill our room cleaner made sure we had all the supplies we needed!!

Make sure you take up the oppurtunity to dine in the Italian restaurant it was lovely.

I wouldnt listen to the people on here who say its the worst place ever, it isnt. I would go back to this hotel as the staff were so lovely, including the Thomas Cook reps on pool 2!

One word of warning, there are a lot of Russians, and the majority are very rude to the staff of the hotel, hence they do not get the same treatment as the other visitors of the hotel!

Naama BayNaama Bay

Under the SeaUnder the Sea

Beautiness of desertBeautiness of desert

Is it not sooooooooo relaxing?Is it not sooooooooo relaxing?

Sunrise Island View

by Paulinecuk31

Hi Im going to Sharm el Sheikh on the 22nd june can anyone tell me anything about the hotel we will be staying at.This is my first holiday Abroad as im scared of flying but promised my self i will get on the plane :-). Any info would be great
Thanks
Pauline

RE: Sunrise Island View

by maddie8479

I'm so envious of your trip to Sharm El Sheikh! It is a beautiful place and I wish I could be there right now! So maybe I read your post wrong, but what hotel are you staying at? Your plane ride will be well worth the beauty and fun!

by Paulinecuk31

Hi there thank you for your reply we will be staying at the Sunrise Island view hotel it used to be called Maxim Garden Resort.
Im really excited but scared at the same time lol.
Any info would be great
thanks again
Pauline :-)

RE: Sunrise Island View

by neil#r

hello pauline going next week be back on the 18th let you know what its like bye.

by Paulinecuk31

hi I hope you have a wonderful time and i look forward to hearing all about it
:-)
Pauline

hello

the sunrise island view

Hello,
I am calling all people who have been to the obove hotel. I was wondering wether someone has been to this hotel in feb as I am thinking of going there around this time.
I was wondering wether you could answer the following questions:-
What was the food like?
Was te pool warm or cold?
What was the weather like?
Do you enjoy it?
Is it worth the journey?
Is it worth while with kids?
How far is the water sports from the hotel?
I would be very greatful if someone could help me please!
Thanks
R.Rabheru

RE: the sunrise island view

by TINA2501

Hello,

If you type in this web address:www.tripadviser.com. Once there type in the name of the hotel in the search and you will see reviews from other people who have stayed at the hotel.
Hope this helps

Tina

by R.Rabheru

thanks for that it was very very useful!
thanks again!

by R.Rabheru

thanks for that it was very very useful!
thanks again!

by R.Rabheru

any more help would be appreciated.

by neil#r

Hello to you,My partner and I have just arrived home on 20/06/06 from the Sunrise Island view complex all I can say is fantastic!!! Everything about the holiday was superb accomodation, location, food, and most of all the Egytian people were so warm hearted and we were made to feel welcome, wanted, and extremely looked after.The swimming pools were not heated at this time of year however we were advised during winter months they are.There was a fantastic choice of food something for every nationality and the complex hosts a beach resturant an Italian and the main resturant.The snorkling and diving facilities are available from the beach and off the floating jetty and the sights under the sea are amazing the fish were beautiful.Its most certainly worth the journey.I would suggest it would be an ideal time to travel with children in February as the summer can be extremely hot.All I can say is go for it you wont regret it.

by amos001

Staying at this hotel in September, looks nice in the brochure but is it???

RE: Sunrise Island View Resort

by scattybat

we stayed at the sunrise last year and had a great time, it it clean, has good food and the staff are brilliant. there was only entertainment in one of the hotels but depending on how quiet you want to be , you can use the facilities at either hotel. the pools are gorgeous and the beach and snorkelling are too!
you will have a great time!

RE: Sunrise Island View Resort

by neil#r

hi stayed there last june everything about the place is fantastic food great plenty off choice well presented staff couldnt be too helpfull would do anything for you very polite and helpfull gardens spotless very tidy, rooms first class ,restraunts spot on especially beach restraunte overlooks tiran island very romantic on an evening .we didnt know what to expect but where overwhelmed by every thing about it youve made a good choice enjoy.ps wish i was coming with you

Comments