Sunrise Tirana Aquapark

Tirana Aqua Park Resort
Expedia.com Booking.com Tingo.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

More about Sunrise Tirana Aquapark

A fantastic hotel - in a class of its own

by TripAdvisor Member sunloverKew

We just returned home yesterday from a wonderful holiday at the Sunrise Tirana Aqua Park. We booked the hotel based on the reviews on Trip Advisor and were so glad that we did! We have stayed at the Sunrise Island before and thought that was good, but the Sunrise Tirana Aqua Park is in a class of its own - A true 5 star!
The hotel was nothing short of brilliant and we had a fabulous time there.
The food was incredible, layed out buffet style. There was a different selection every day and so much variation. Each night there would be a different theme, Italian night, Mediteranian night, Morroccan, Chinese etc as well as the traditional Egyption food, salads, pizzas, pasta. The puddings and pastries were beautiful and it seemed a crime to cut into some of the exquisitley decorated cakes, flans, tarts and trifles. The breakfasts were lovely too. English breakfast with fried eggs or ommlette while you wait and Continental breakfasts of pastries and breads or pancakes, with meats, cheese and jams. So much food!!! I think I have put a few inches on!
The hotel is beautifully laid out, immaculate and spacious. The rooms are very large and well arranged. We booked a double for two adults and two children and were given a complimentary upgrade by the hotel to a family suite. This was a standard room with and extra bedroom at the back and it was much appreciated. We had a lovely balcony over looking both the main pools and the aqua park slides.
The pools are beautiful and my chlldren loved to swim up to the pool bar and order their fruit cocktail drinks whilst sitting in the water! The great thing about an all inclusive holiday is that the children have the freedom to get their drinks and snacks/meals as and when they want, without having to ask mum and dad for money all the time!
The staff in the hotel, from the management to the room cleaners are all very friendly and sincere and nothing is too much trouble. When I asked for an extra duvet to go on top of my mattress it appeared an hour later. When I wanted to rearrange the childrens beds around to suit us, help was on hand immediately. When I lost my camera, the staff went beyond the call of duty to retrieve it for me and this required detective skills! - it had ended up in some Russian woman's suitcase, who was hoping to take it home with her!!! Lastly, when I left behind one of the suitcases at the hotel (realised as we were checking in at the airport!) the hotel had it sent to us within half an hour and it got on the flight with us!
I do have some lovely pictures of the hotel which I will post soon. The pictures which are currently available do not do the hotel justice as a lot of them were taken when the hotel was still being finished off. Most of the work on the hotel is finished now, I believe the wave pool will be in action from today (Friday 9th April) and the final pool is nearing completion.
The animation team were great too, very enthusiastic, even had me doing my aqua aerobics in the pool with a lot of other mad people! The evenings saw relaxed entertainment. Sometimes the team put on a show and we also saw some great Egyptian dancing. Often, there was live music and always the mini disco for the children which was popular.
The hotels coral reef is fantastic so remember the snorkels as there isn't a hiring facility as yet (although the hotel supermarket sells all the gear and it wasn't expensive). The beach is still being worked on and needs time to mature, however because the beach is new, the coral reef hasn't been seen by many tourists and it is beautifully clear and untouched - swimming in it is a bit like being in a tropical fish tank! I hope that it remains this way and that tourists respect it by not walking all over it!! There are also trips by boat out to the old ship wrecks in the bay which are now overgrown by coral - apparently there are stingrays and sharks to be seen by the wrecks, although not the eating people kind of sharks!
I think I have covered everything! hope I havn't made this hotel sound too appealing as I am planning on going again in October and want to make sure I can book a room!!

A very good hotel

by TripAdvisor Member HolidayReviewLondon

Having just come back from honeymoon having spent 11 nights at the Sunrise Tirana Aqua Park felt that i should provide some feedback on our stay.

Overall the hotel is excellent.
It is definately not fully complete however there is no noticeable construction work going on and unopened areas are netted off. Not all the pools are open and not all the pool bars are open (Wave Pool and Third lagoon pool) however whilst we were there was certainly no need for additional bars or swimming pools. When the hotel is fully open it will be something to behold!
The Aqua Park is great for kids and adults alike and is very well maintained and is for the exclusive use of hotel guests. (I don't know if guests from the Sunrise View are able to use the aqua park).
The main swimming pools(not aqua park pools) are cold at this time of year - you can swim but it is noticeable that people are not in for a long time. In the summer when the temperatures are up then the main pools should warm up.
The Hotel rooms are excellent in terms of size, facilities(LCD TV) and a special mention is required for the shower which was superb (no bath - wet room).
The service received from the hotel staff was warm, friendly and of a high standard.
Definately agree with previous reviewer that a little tip here and there, whilst definately not required, certainly seems to achieve an even higher level of service.

The Beach if a little quirky in its current state is very pleasant. The snorkelling is an absolute must with a diverse range of fish and clear warm water (the sea was warmer than the main pools at the hotel!)
There is a negative to the beach though - To enter the water for the snorkelling there is a pier that goes out over the coral until it reaches the deep water. Two options to enter the water, either jump of the end of the pier (great fun but obviosuly not for everyone) or go in via the stairs. The problem is that stairs go down onto to the edge of the coral and not into the deep water. This means that if the sea is a bit choppy then it is quite difficult for people to get in and especially get out as waves are breaking on the coral. We were told that in most other hotels that the steps go straight into the deep water so this is not a problem. Several people mentioned this to the hotel management and so I am sure that they will recitify it.
The food at the beach is not so good (very limited range and not to our taste) so we found it worthwhile getting the little shuttle bus back to the hotel (5 mins) for lunch.

The food in the hotel is of good quality - certainly not the best all inclusive i have experienced but there was always a few dishes that we liked. The range of food is good.

The animation team have a range of activities throughout the day and there is some evening entertainment.

In Summary this is a very very good hotel with excellent service and very good swimming pools and an aqua park included. It is a great hotel to take kids - The way their eyes lit up when they are first shown around the hotel was very amusing to watch!

Good Hotel - Shame There Is Nothing Near The Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Chesterfield63

Just arrived back from the Sunrise Tirana 4th - 18th April. The hotel is still under construction and whilst the workmen are still in it does not cause a major problem with the enjoyment of the resort. There were plenty of sun beds and the pool bar service was excellent with a gin and tonic been delivered every hour on the hour. The pools are cold but the temperature is hot so sometimes it's quite nice. The Aqua Park is excellent and will be even better when they finish the wave pool but they need to get more rubber rings so more people can enjoy the slides (we know you have them just get them out). The entertainment team do a superb job trying to motivate people into getting involved and even after 14 days of rejecting their kind offer they still are enthusiastic to ask again and again. The food is Ok I have stayed in Sharm before and had better quality food but it was edible and something to eat every day can't really complain although myself and my daughter did have a stomach upset last week whilst I cannot blame the hotel my daughter was violently sick with diarrhoea etc and even fell unconscious twice. The Thomas Cook rep was very good and whilst we didn't book with them she advised us where to go and what to do, resulting in a 1/2 mile walk to civilisation to find a chemist who gave us 4 packets of tablets charged us £32 and she recovered in 24 hours, I am still a little unwell. The service in the hotel is excellent however I am not sure how it would cope if it had been full to capacity and will never know!! Only problem I had was the room key resulting in 10 swipe cards in 10 days believe me Reception knew I wasn't happy. I think the hotel is very good with excellent service and a brilliant Aqua Park, the down side is there is no where to go the hotel is quite remote and you need a taxi to travel previously I have stayed at the Grand Azure which is excellent and with the added benefit that you can walk around the resort. If you want to do nothing but lay about the pool you will be happy.

Lovely stay but needs a few improvements

by TripAdvisor Member Ibizagirl25

I stayed at this hotel with my 10 year old sister and returned on the 19th April after spending a week there. Agree with the other reviews, the hotel is in Nabq Bay which is a quieter area of Sharm. They're in the process of building up the area with more hotels but for now the area is quiet. However, the hotel has a shuttle bus every half an hour to take guests to the private beach not far away. At the beach you can pick up towels, there are toilets, bar and food available.

In the evening there are two shuttle bus runs to take guests to Na'ama Bay which is the busier area of Sharm. There are stalls, shops, restaurants, bars and clubs and it's about a 20 minute ride away for a small charge. It's best to pick up cash from ATMs here as there's no ATM in the Sunrise Tirana hotel.

The hotel rooms are lovely with your own balcony. Room service wasn't great. We had been to Cairo for the day and arrived back at our hotel late and missed dinner so we ordered room service. Due to the language barrier, our spaghetti order turned up as a random sandwich! There is also no room service menu so I would recommend to stay away from this.

The restaurant food was ok. Food is self service and waiters serve the drinks. The lack of waiters resulted in long waits for drinks. This was fairly annoying each night. The hotel does have an Italian restaurant which you can book (first meal is free) and this presents lovely food.

Hotel staff are very friendly, however, probably too friendly. On our third night, I received a phone call to my hotel room at 2:30am from a staff member asking me to go to the restaurant. When I asked why I needed to go to the restaurant, they couldn't tell me why due to the lack of english spoken. They then asked if I was single! And I realised why they wanted me to go out. I was incredibly angry at being called at 2:30am, especially with my 10 year old in the room, who was sleeping. I told them that I would not go to the restaurant and the man suggested he comes to my room. I repeatedly told him No before hanging up. Then, at 3:30am, he calls again. I unplugged the phone.
He called the next night, I unplugged the phone again and after a third night of phone calls, I proceeded to unplug the phone before bed everynight. I do not know who the man was, whether it was house keeping or someone else. All I know is that his name is Mohammed - only the most common name in egypt!

The aqua park is great but I agree with the other review, they need more inflatables available for people to enjoy the slides. More sunbeds are needed. When I first arrived there were plenty of sunbeds available but towards the end of my holiday, the hotel was busier and sunbeds in the morning were hard to come by. The pool sides are not over crowded and it's nice to have lots of space but definitely more sunbeds are required. Especially by the aqua park where most families visit.

Everything is priced in USD or EUR as well as Egyptian pounds. It may be easier to take Euros or USD as these are accepted everywhere.

The building work didn't affect us.

Overall, a lovely stay but could have been better with improved service during meal times with drinks, more sunbeds and more frequent buses to Na'ama Bay.

We would come back again

by TripAdvisor Member Dabburiya

We were a group of family comprising of 28 and when we arrived early there was no problem with Reception and they gave us the rooms very quickly. The rooms were very spacious and extremely comfortable. Given that it is a large hotel we did not feel left out and were given personal attention very quickly even though at times there were not enough staff due to the hotel not been fully completed. The Animation team were great and the Aqua Park was terrific for young and old. The beach bus service was great also and we felt like it was our own beach. Everyone was extremely happy with the food and the smiling service when coffee was served in the bar upstairs. The idea of late snacks was excellent especially after a long walk at the shops. Just for the record one of the family members (6 years old) must have had at least 50 cocktails (non alcoholic) of course! All Inclusive is definitely the way to go!!!
We will come back with a larger group of family members and stay for 10 days or more and we hope the hotel will serve the same type of food and employ more people.

Good hotel but some reservations!

by TripAdvisor Member gg1Stockport

Just returned on 12 April after a 2 week stay, for the first few days it was great plenty of staff excellent service. The hotel started to fill up and the cracks began to show.

*There was no red wine for 4 days
*Not enough cutlery to do full place settings(as earlier in the week)
*Not enough cups at breakfast resulting in long waits for drinks
*Not enough waiters, some so inexperienced they were trying to take your plate away before you had finished your food, but plenty of chefs standing around doing not a lot! too many chiefs not enough indians or should I say Egyptians
*Cold coffee served from full carafes altho tea was always hot
*Not enough waiters by the pool, the towel and sun lounger chaps did a great job though
*The entertainment for adults was hit and miss, altho the guitarist tried to please everyone, but was more suited to playing in the lobby bar than outside on the terrace
*The Spa club was unfinished and consisted of one hotel room with 2 massage beds that were not screened hence finding yourself being massaged and someone of the opposite sex being attended 2ft away and paying £ E300(discounted price) for the priveledge, altho the actual massage was quite good and masseuse was quite discreet.
I did mention this to guest relations and was offered a free massage which I declined.
*None of the pools were warm at all even the supposedly heated ones
*The Hotel allowed people from the shops and spa to tout for business around the pool, altho polite I would have preferred it not to have been allowed
*Very expensive internet
*I think visits to the Italian Restaurant should be 1 per week rather than one per stay

On the good side
*** All the staff were polite and friendly no matter how harrassed they were
*** Maintenance were very quick and efficient(we had to call them out twice)
***Big thank you to Alaa and Mohamed for the great sevice they provided and also to the animation team who worked very hard with quite poor resources. Also the guy that looked after our room did a sterling job.
***The standard of food never diminished over the entire fortnight, it was excellent!
***Food hygeine standards were very high and I did not hear of or suffer from any of the stomach bugs that seem to be prevelant in other hotels

Overall
If you want a fairly quiet type of holiday by the pool or lounging on the beach with good food I would recommend this hotel, despite some of the "teething problems". I would go back there again if the price was right, but there are many other places and hotels I could enjoy equally I am sure.

Superb value and stress free time

by TripAdvisor Member FHughes

I would recommend this hotel to anyone with small children travelling to Sharm for the first time. The aquapark was fantastic. We have a 4 year old who thought that the swimming pool with the playground in the middle of it was superb. He also enjoyed all of the smaller slides that he could go on with us.
The staff couldn't help more they were lovely to our son paying him individual attention. The Entertainment was ok but not 100%.
Food was lovely especially as much of it was cooked in front of you, my son enjoyed seeing his pancakes being made every morning.
There are a few shops in the hotel. Look out for Saeed in the herbal remedy shop. He was excellent and I'd recommend anyone to go and see him if they have an ailment or would like some advice on perfumes. I bought a natural facial remedy which was honey and sandalwood which was fantastic.
I'd also recommend the little shop there, very cheap and well stocked. Again every time we went in there my son was given a free lolly.

I'm looking to go again next year for a longer stay.

1 point I would say is that there is still a bit of building work going on as they extend but you don't notice it. Also its below the flight path for the airport but for us that was great as my son loved watching the planes.

Agree with the last reviewer - full marks for effort but still some teething problems

by TripAdvisor Member DESSIE_BOBBLER

We booked with a couple of friends and got a good deal compared to the prices for the other hotels in the area.

First of all the hotel is about 10min drive from the airport but if you're planning to get a cab be prepared for varying prices. We paid £100 Egypt pounds and our friends were pitched £200 EP so there is no fixed price!

This is a relatively newly opened hotel and the general parts and rooms live up to rating. The rooms were always cleaned to high standard and have flat screen TV's, good view balconies and great bathrooms with walk in shower. The hotel complex isn't fully finished yet but this doesn't really detract our holiday given what we had paid (around £600 each for a week over school holidays). The water park on site is excellent and great for kids. The pool areas are clean and the towels are always fresh. There were always loungers available both at the pool and beach.

Although there are some cracks in the service (agree with all of the comments from the previous reviewer) there are some really great staff who can't do enough for you and are genuinely trying to make a difference. The staff are generally all male which is a reflection in the fact that Sharm is a working place (according to one of the tour guides we spoke to) but this doesn't detract from the service at all. Also the gym is off site at another hotel but the bus is free and takes about 10mins to get there. Similarly the beach is about 10mins walk down a developing area but the bus is also free and takes you there in 5 mins. The beach has a jetty which is always manned by the lifeguards, one of which was kind enough to lend us his snorkeling gear and it was well worth it. The fish you see are amazing.

One really negative experience was the rep from Med Hotels. We booked a trip to Cairo which he was pushy about getting a deposit in cash for and didn't take credit card. We had problems with getting cash out (no machine on site so we had to goto another resort). The credit card companies also block Egypt as a fraud red flag so make sure you tell your bank you're going first. The trip was fine in the end and well worth going to but we also booked a transfer to the airport with him which was cheaper than the taxi inbound and for 4 people which we made clear. Almost an hour late one car turned up in which we had to put a large case across our knees but being an hour late for check in we had no choice. We paid more per person for the pleasure too! This meant we were the last people to check in and the airport was empty by the time we got there. Suggest you book in advance not like us! The hotel now has a Thomas Cook flag outside and rep so perhaps we might look to go with them next time.

The animations team were not pushy which isn't always the case at these resorts and were really friendly. Whilst its not to everyones taste all the time they seemed to do a great job, especially with the kids. The evening entertainment (singers) seemed to be for the large amount of Russians staying at the hotel and the singer (in our opinion) was pretty poor but we made our own entertainment anyway.

Overall, this hotel will no doubt continue to develop and so will the price but the standard of the hotel itself is good, the food was really good and the staff were excellent (especially the waiters in the lobby bar, room cleaners, lifeguards, pool attendants) so I'd still recommend it and we would definitely go back if the price was right.

amazing holiday

by TripAdvisor Member ScotlandLollypop

We have just returned from an amazing holiday at the hotel. We had a lovely welcome on our arrival, thanks to Mahmood.

- Rooms were very clean and spacious with flat screen tv. Cleaned daily and wonderful animals and shapes made from towels.
- Staff were very friendly and helpful, on the second week service was a little bit slower as the hotel got busier. Alaa in the restaurant was friendly and couldn't do enough to help.
- Animation team were very bubbly but not pushy. Thanks to Erika and Mario.
- Food was good something for everyone, I am quite a fussy eater ! Again second week was busier but still plenty of fresh, hot food.
- Pools and aquapark were fantastic and fun for everyone. Also could do with some more rubber rings for the slides. The recreation guys were great if you needed a sunbed or umbrella.
- Private beach was very good for snorkelling with someone there to help.
- Shops in hotel were very good and thanks to Saeed for making my daughter herbal tea after she was sick with too much sun.

Overall we all had a great time, Mr Gamal and Mr Bahtity were very helpful and always there to make sure everything runs smoothly. The family wanted to stay another week so will definitely be going back.

Fantastic holiday-hard to beat

by TripAdvisor Member TheBurkes74

Having experienced many other all inclusive holidays both in egypt, europe and the caribbean, this was probably our best overall. Many factors contributed to this, the level of service from staff, there are too many to mention but a huge thankyou to them all, to recieve drinks service from your sunbed was lovely but obviously when the hotel is busy i wouldn't automatically expect this, you rarely get it anywhere else! The facilities are excellent, the spaciousness of the pool areas, some other hotels have sunbeds lined up in very close proximity, and our two year old had lots of space to run around. The cleanliness and the excellent food quality and constant replenishment, amazing service for mass production and lot's of people turning up for meals at the same time, If you expect 5* al la carte, pay Savoy or Four Seasons prices! The waterpark and infant pool were fantastic also the childrens club, thankyou Vera childrens animation, the girls really enjoyed it. The rooms were lovely, bathrooms of a high standard, water in mini-bar replenished daily. The beach similar to others we've experienced in egypt with a jetty for snorkelling and you can paddle at the waters edge, we went on a glass-boat trip from naama bay which was brilliant but the beach there was packed.
Overall, the hotel and management have set a very high standard which yes may waiver during very busy times as every hotel does in school holidays etc but i know here they are constantly trying to keep to this standard and bringing in more staff, we saw this over the two weeks we were there. We would't normally go to the same hotel twice but this was relaxing, fun, quality and amazing value for money and would go back in a heartbeat!

Comments