41 Berangan

KL TowerKL Tower

Kuala Lumpur streetsKuala Lumpur streets

Current weather in KL

by henry_yan

Will be coming to KL next week (finally after so long!!) and definitely going to revisit all the places I've been to previously.

Like to ask my KL friends in VT about the current weather right now. Does it rain mostly in the afternoons, or in the evenings?

Thanks a bunch!

p/s and if you don't mind me asking again, is the Sultan Abdul Samad Building now all lit up at night?

by TeresaLim

HI....it's raining every afternoon now in KL....i think it will be the same for next week...

Yes...Sultan Abdul Samad Building still lited up at night...

enjoy ur trip here!! cheers

by henry_yan

Thanks Teresa, much appreciate your weather update. Drats, looks like I need to pack an umbrella too. But as long as I can get a night shot of the grand old Sultan Abdul Samad building with the lights on, I'll be happy.

by TeresaLim

you can buy it from KL...very cheap...the convenient store like 7-eleven also selling...price around RM 19.90 & above...

by sheherezad

It's raining right now - so that makes it late afternoon/early evening? But bloody hot earlier :( Morning was beautiful! Much different from SG?? LOL!

by wondersF

The raining in the afternoon [daily] is still acceptable as you have a chance to plan and schedule your activities. The last few days appeared OK, gloomy at times in the morning, then scattered rain, small ones.
But today, it was bad gloomy the whole morning and afternoon light showers for long hours.
So you out for walks or shooting! What I would do, make very early start. Then the good times for the rest of the day, if it comes are bonus.
I can tell you this because I travel far each day to shoot pix of birds. I have to make that decision each morning. Shall I leave home?

by sheherezad

Anyway, how different can the weather in SIN be from KUL at this time of year, to warrant to posting?? I'm puzzled :((

by wondersF

When it comes to predicting the weather! I think it is a thing of the past. Anyway back to the yardstick of the old days, if there is any pattern at all, I would say November should be wet month. Then comes a short week or two of dry spell in December and again a heavy downpour on Boxing Day.
From then on it would be the hot spell all the way till March.

Can I say that for sure now? No, it is gloomy with intermitent bright day for a day.
As for temperature, there is not much compliant as certain "bright" days tend to lead temperature straying a couple of degrees higher.

I do not spend that length of time in Singapore to be able to make a comparison.

Travel Tips for Kuala Lumpur

China town - kuala Lumpur

by hemali

I was in the china town 5 th Feb 2007 for ten days. It is very nice place to visit. Evening is very clourful. Specially petaling street. There is a lot of hotels to stay. Every thing is very chep. Specially the food. I love to visit the Batu Caves

I'm sorry for the members who...

by chrisse_d

I'm sorry for the members who live here...but I think Kuala Lumpur is ugly!Only the downtown is a littlebit beatiful...the rest:ugly houses and poor people on the stairs of the high multinational buildings.And the traffic is dangerous...sometimes without pavement.The petronas twin towrs are the most beautiful thing I saw in this ugly city.

A long walk. Merderka Square,...

by asantetravel

A long walk. Merderka Square, Mastid James, Sultan bldg, and the nearby shopping. The day I passed Merderka Square, I saw busloads of students practicing for the National Day festivities. They were quite wonderful about saying hello and welcoming me to Malaysia.

Chinatown

by l_joo

The best thing about Kuala Lumpur is the safety and security. If you look at this restaurant, look closer inside where two policemen enjoying their meals. Tourists can rest assure to walk around. Bad guys have no chance to do anything in this city.

For The Ladies

by mizzzthanggg

This may be a strange tip, but I just wanted to point out something to all ladies who're visiting Malaysia because I have noticed some travellers/tourists getting confused...

In the Ladies toilets here, it's not like in Europe (i wish it was, it's a much faster system!!!) where the girls just queue in one line and then just go into any of the stalls/cubicles as they are vacanted, in Malaysia, girls pick a stall and queue up outside the individual doors.

This has its disadvantages as it leaves you to the mercy of whoever is in the stall that you're waiting outside for... if they're in there half an hour, your queue ain't gonna go nowhere right!!!

And about those hoses that you get in many public toilets... it's what some of us locals use to wash ourselves with! Toilet paper is a luxury if you can find any... drip drying is the order of the day, ladies if you don't have any, so remember to always have your own tissue paper!

Comments