Citrus Hotel

51 Jalan Tiong Nam, Off Jalan Raja Laut, Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, 50350, Malaysia

Expedia.com Agoda.com Orbitz.com

Satisfaction Poor

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• Ameer&Zana's Profile Photo

Kuala Lumpur Convinient Stay For Business & Family

The Citrus Hotel is conveniently located in center of KL City with nearby shopping place within walking distance. Coffee House are open with a good range of food varieties for us to choose. Surrounding shopping area are Maju Junction, SOGO, Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman Bazaar & Chow Kit.
    Kg Baru is located nearby for nice nite food for local cuisines like Nasi Lemak Antarabangsa & many more.
    Recommended for Family & Business travelers.
    For those who are traveling by car, it is a challenge to find parking space during peak period...

Unique Quality: The big rooms have been nicely decorated & refreshing for guest stay. Bathroom are clean. Environment is calm & relaxing. The pool is great for bot adults & kids to have a dip during the day. Took the Club type accommodation with Club Floor Lounge facilities on the 10th Floor. My Children enjoyed the facilities during our stay there.

Directions: Located behind Sime Darby Building at Jalan Raja Laut

• Your Things Get Stolen

The Staff are nice, at least most of them. The rooms are small & if you look closely you find that upholstry are unkept & dirty is some cases.Basic amenities are ok but be careful of the toilets. The drainage dont work well in the toilet & the shower is without curtains so you havee a wet wet bathroom after every shower.Location is not too good, have to change LRTs to reach KLCC or for that matter most places, very inconvenient. liked best, except one or two most of the staff are very helpful. What we want you to be warned of , things get stolen from your rooms. We bought 2 Pewter goblets, placed them on the dressing table corner, a day later they disappeared.The security chief is a good man, he did his due deligence but as per management directive we were advised to report to police.We have reported,now we are waiting for some help from the hotel on this.

Unique Quality: your things set stolen from your room. Please be careful.

Directions: Its at an odd place so you ahve to change public transport to get to heart of city.

• Decent place, laid back service

We stayed in Citrus hotel for 2 nights on 1st and 2nd nov '07, booked the place via the internet, the hotel is quite decent with not so great looks. It is located off a busy road(Jalan Raja laut). It is walking distance from 2 LRT stations and also a monorail station.

Room was quite comfortable, though we did not get a room with a view of the twin towers inspite of asking for it earlier.

The staff at the front desk are very laid back and cannot speak good english.

U have to carry your own stuff as there is no bell hop.

We had an early morning flight to catch and so asked for a cab the previous night itself and had to reschedule the timing, but the guy at the reception hiked up the price for the cab in just about 15 mins saying the cabs are demanding those new rates.

Tried calling a cab on my own to discover that the room phone was not allowing access to cab companies (strange but true). Finally had to call a cab using my cell phone and got a cab for less than half the price what was quoted.

Breakfast included was also not so great. There were no refilling of stuff that got over at the buffet spread.

More about Citrus Hotel

Citrus Hotel Was Excellent

by TripAdvisor Member SimonKing88

I spend 3 days, 2 nights and thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Citrus Hotel.

The value was excellent, the cleanliness and comfort of the room very good, and mostly, I found the staff absolutely great. From the moment I stepped into the hotel and was welcomed by the smiling and exceptionally helpful and efficient front desk manager, Mr. Horun until I left, I had an excellent stay.

The breakfast was above average, and once again, the helpfulness and pleasantness of the staff made dining in the restaurant a very pleasant experience.

The very helpful front desk staff recommended an afternoon city tour which I took with a city tour guide called Abi who is a truly outstanding tour guide. He knows the city like the back of his hand and gave us a really pleasant and interesting tour around the city.

EXCELLENT HOTEL-WONDERFUL STAY

by TripAdvisor Member PeterKMDarwin

I was a bit apprehensive about staying at the Citrus, from reading other reviews, but I am so glad I did stay there. from the minute of Check-in, to Check-out, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay.
All the staff was were extremely friendly, courteous and helpful.
My room was excellent. What great value. Spacious and clean, cleaned daily with fresh everything!! I booked an executive room and was given one on the 10th floor. Just up from the lounge, with amazing views of the Petronas Towers. What, with free drinks, nibbles and internet, who could complain?
Even woke up to a newspaper on my doorhandle!
and then a buffet breakfast was also included. The menu changed daily and was plentiful and fresh. And the wait staff were just so friendly. They couldn't do enough for me. As a new visitor to KL, all the hotel staff offered tips of where and what I could visit.
I read the hotel was in a bit of a run down area, but that only added to the experience of KL. I found the area charming, with outdoor cafes, eateries and cheap and cheerful shops. I felt totally safe all the time. and it was only a five minute walk to the train stations or around 10 to the monorail.
I would certainly recommend this hotel and I am already planning my next trip back. Well done Citrus Hotel ! Great value.

great staff hotel

by TripAdvisor Member nhez

stayed in this hotel for 2nights last july. i must say that citrus hotel is the best great deal hotel that ive been to so far in south east asia. actually youll get more from what you have paid which is a considerable rate compared to other KL hotels. best thing is.. their unique executive lounge with a lot of freebies AND they have a great superb customer service.
i had so many requests (room with a view of the twin towers on a non smoking floor, asked help to get a metered taxi, late check out until 2pm, stayed at the executive lounge for a few hours even we have checked out already etc etc) and all were granted. all staff were always ready to help you especially the front desk people... gave some helpful advise on how to reach certain destinations easily, helped us with our luggages (w/out obviously expecting something in return)
i thought the breakfast buffet table was worst...but the management took the reviews here seriously :) thanks to all the previous comments, now breakfast turned out to be so great!
i think every month they are giving an award to a certain person that guests have voted for being helpful, courteous etc... i voted Junaid :) i hope he got the award for July... Sam was my 2nd choice... Good job Citrus! thanks for making my KL hotel experience worth to recommend to others

Great room, poor service

by TripAdvisor Member LeoKu

Searched online and found this great deal from the hotel's website for an executive room. It was clearly stated that there is car parking available however when we arrived the front car parking lot was full and basement car parking is closed. when I asked the staff where to park our car he just mentioned that hotel has got no car parking available and asked us just to park at road side. As we were running late for a wedding dinner we just left our car and proceed to check in. Check in was ok, quite efficient eventhough out key card doesn't work when we went up trying to access to the room. Luckily Priya was there and she checked with the front desk, arrange new key to be brought up to us and getting the door for us. We asked for an iron and she got it straight away and offer if we need adapter for charging our mobile phone. So thoughtful of her! The executive room is small but enough space to move around and very contemporary. Amenities wise is excellent with anything that you need. Free drinking water as well as fruits make quite a different. One thing i need to mention is that the bed is quite uncomfortable, especially the left hand site near to the window. Maybe most of the guest sleep over at that site and make it unbalance anyway it wasn't a comfy bed but for the price that we paid it's acceptable.

Morning breakfast was pretty bad. Fresh apple juice tasted like cordial, scrambled egg was cold and the fried chicken was a bit off. pastries was far too sweet as well. A plus for the fruits and yogurt option.

Having not enough sleep, as we got to wake up early for an appointment we requested to have late check out at 1pm which is really nice.

Overall it was a pleasant stay, front desk staff might need to be more professional as i really hated it when 2 receptionists try to push to each other on who to check a guest out.

Excellent Hotel for Budget Travellers

by TripAdvisor Member tksenthilvel

we stayed for 3 nights for our honeymoon ,i would rate their service exemplary,what they showed on their website(photos) are available in the same way . hotel is clean,staff courteous & sumptous complimentary breakfast. i would definetely recommend this hotel to budget travellers.

Very much worth it

by TripAdvisor Member flam_287

Travelled from singapore in June 2008. Took the bus from singapore to kuala lumpur.

Good Points
- Lots of freebies to choose from! Free water and kettle for tea etc. Additionally, there is a room called the executive room, where you will have free access depending on the room you have. Here you can access free internet, free drinks from the fridge..mainly soft drinks, tea/coffee and there are free snacks available too. Excellent, would advise you to take advantage of it for sure, espescially, if you dont want to use the mini-bar in the room. Just go to the exec room and get free drinks :)..cheeky i know. Theres also free wi-fi in the room.
- Great view from the room of the Petronas towers. They are directly infront of the room (depending on which side you are) and its just great to look at night. Also, if you want to walk to Petronas towers you can do from the hotel.Just keep the towers in view and walk towards them. I did this at night time and although there do appear to be some direct roads i would avoid these. Be warned, some of these roads/paths are not worth the time you save. The paths have no light at all and are very very quiet.stick to the main roads if you do walk it! Walking time was about 30 mins-ish.
-Location is great. The nearest LRT station is Chow -Kit and its about a 10 min walk. Its easier to walk to the hotel from the LRT than vice-versa i think.
-Breakfast is buffet. Excellent food which is all halal so no worries about eating meat etc. On our final day there were fresh omelettes which the chef was making...excellent. I would suggest you have some if you have the opportunity. Ordered room service which was delivered within a good time and they do have a wide ranging menu.

Bad Points
- Bed Sheets were dirty. They were stained with some random colours which were not very appealing...we should have asked to change the sheets but we just too tired to ask as we arrived at the hotel quite late.
- Room Size. The room is actually quite small. The hotels website does give a 3D view of the room so you do have an idea of what the layout of the room is like so its prepares you.
-Lighting. Theres a lot of intersting lighting options but none which really you need..theres either too much light or too little light or light in the wrong places..if that makes any sense.
- Taxis. Taxi drivers outside the hotel dont want to turn the meter on. They seem to operate on a 15RM fare for everywhere from the hotel. This is abit of a rip-off and we actually got a very angry driver when we asked him to turn the meter on.
- Check-in/out. The reception staff are not very friendly and theres too many people trying book one customer in..so its a bit hap-hazard at check-in/out.

Overall, I would recommend staying at this hotel mainly because of the freebies and excellent location.

Superior Executive Rm...Hmmm

by TripAdvisor Member LPSVictoria

Stayed at this hotel for two nights. Had booked the superior executive room for the nights and after one night we moved into a executive suite. There was nothing superior about the superior executive, it was small, very basic and the lighting was very bright (no lamp either). On the other hand the executive suite was spacious and lovely and definately worth paying more. In terms of the hotel the breakfast was basic, the pool and gym were good and the indian restaurant two doors away was excellent. This hotel is not very convenient to Chinatown or KLCC thought, however the taxi was only about 6-8R. If I was in KL again I would have stayed near Chinatown and Central Market.

Citrus Hotel location

by karengkeng

Hi everyone. I am considering staying at Citrus hotel. Is the location near Bukit Bintang or the Petronas Tower? Or is it recommended to look for hotels near those two areas instead? Thanks!

by ftym

Hi

I have stayed in Hotel Coronade in Bukit Bintang or Berjaya Times Square Hotel. I feel that these two hotels are nice and convenient.

by mansionion

Hi!

Citrus is located in KL's Chow Kit area, its neithe close to Bukit Bintang nor the Petronas Towers. I personally feels that the Bukit Bintang area is the best place to stay, you might consider Bintang Warisan hotel which is about the same price range with Citrus hotel.

-m-

by Jannoo

Citrus is bit far from Bukit Bintang or Petronas Tower. If you prefer nearer to these 2 places.Corus Hotel is a good choice. Just adjacent to Petronas Tower

Have fun :>

by en_one

Hi,

You can consider Tune Hotel (www.tunehotels.com) located near to monorail (approx 5 min walk) that brings you straight to Bukit Bintang. The hotel is at the intersection of Jln sultan Ismail and Jln Tuanku Abdul Rahman. Your Citrus Hotel is in Chow Kit.

by karengkeng

Thank you everyone for all your tips! Looks like I am better off staying at Bukit Bintang. :)

Comments