Equator Hostel

70, Lorong 1/77 A, Off Jalan Pudu, Kuala Lumpur, 55100, Malaysia

More about Kuala Lumpur

Petaling Street MarketPetaling Street Market

korean foodkorean food

The beautiful lobbyThe beautiful lobby

Quaint house in Melaka MalaysiaQuaint house in Melaka Malaysia

LCCT to Hentian Putra to Gua Musang

by Mozumbus

what is the most economical and yet quick way to reach to Hentian Putra from LCCT? Please share if there are multiple options.

What would be the cost? We are two adults and one infant (< 1 year). Do we have to buy tickets for infant also?

We will be arriving at LCCT at 11:25 am and would like to go to Gua Musang (Merapoh) without break.

Quick Way is a taxi.

But cheapest way is by taking bus from LCCT to KL Sentral. And at KL Sentral, take Komuter to PWTC. Hentian Putra Bus station is a walking distancce from Komuter Station.

Komuter for infant is free. but for bus to Gua Musang, ask the bus provider. Usually it's free, but you dont get a seat for your infant, or half price for the seat.

by din2x

the PWTC komuter station mention above is actually named "Putra" station in Komuter station name. It is the station after Bank Negara Station.

by Mozumbus

Thanks din for the helpful response

From my basic search I see that I can also catch the Komuter from Nilai to Putra. Would it make sense?

by din2x

You can do that too, the choice is yours.

But bus from LCCT to Nilai is not as frequent as bus from LCCT to KL Sentral, and you will spend less time if you do bus from lcct to kl sentral and then komuter from kl sentral to putra.

by Mozumbus

Thanks Din for the confirmation. I understand that via Sentral would be quick...

@ din:

for KL-Gua Musang (Merapoh) I plan to take transnasional, would be absolutley neccessary to buy tickets in advance. If yes, can one do this before coming to Malaysia? Or is there a way out, e.g. booking on phone and pay when we arrive?

And are there other bus operators for this route???

by din2x

Depends on your traveling date. If it is during holiday or peak season, it is better to book for the bus, if not, you can buy the ticket a day before or on the day you are traveling.

Thanks din :)

Travel Tips for Kuala Lumpur

Stay In Budget Hostel

by putri_jogja

I used to stay at Pujangga Homestay. It is very nice hostel. And clean also. Good location in Bukit Bintang. Walking distant to MRT Station.
here is the website.

Bukak Puasa...

by coceng

6th November 2003...
Mei Leng - dragontml ; plus her friend Robert from Germany had our dinner at the basement of Lot 10 !
Near 7 pm, I got my meal for 'bukak puasa' (break the fasting...) & started to chew not realising thet they hadn't got their meals yet.
I took a photo of them when they were having their meals...

English News On The Air

by chiabh

Malaysia has 2 official TV channels (TV1 and TV2) and 4 private TV channels (TV3, NTV7, 8TV and Channel 9)... These TV channels are free... There is also a paid TV channel called Astro, which shows popular TV channels like CNN, ESPN, Starsports etc...

Most hotels will have in-room TVs for local channels but only higher star-rated hotels will have Astro installed... The English news come on the air as follows:

TV1 - 18:00
TV3 - 00:00 (Nightline)
8TV - 20:00 (only weekdays)

Business news and stock market updates are on TV3 at 13:55 and 17:30 (Mondays to Thursdays)

Eat what and where the Locals Do

by Kakapo2

As Kuala Lumpur does not seem as overrun by tourists as other places in the world I know it is not that terribly difficult to get authentic food, be it more Malay, more Chinese, more Indian - or whatever the many different ethniticies use to offer.

My driver first was not sure where to go but I urged him to go to a place where he would eat, something simple, and where we would definitely not meet a single tourist. This gave him a good idea - and we ended up in a foodcourt-like market somewhere between the Batu Caves and the city.

Even better: The food cost next to nothing. I think it was 2 or 3 Euro for the two of us, and as you can see, we did not starve ;-)

Women: What to wear?

by Teagz86

I was really nervous about what to wear when I went to KL. Because they are a majority Muslim country I wasn't sure if I would be offending them if I wore shorts or a skirt. I spent the first two days there wearing jeans when it was stinking hot and really humid! I ended up asking one of our tour guides and he said that wearing shorts and skirts is fine (phewf!). I think you just have to be careful if you're going into a temple or religious area. And of course, don't wear a super mini skirt! I was wearing shorts and skirts that were probably mid thigh. You may get a look from a local every now and then, but this guide assured me that there is no need to torture yourself by wearing pants all day!

Comments