Furama Hotel

Kompleks Selangor, Jalan Sultan, Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, 50000, Malaysia
#158

StarlightKisses's Profile Photo

A Low Budget Hotel That Meets Highest Expectations

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 8, 2012

February 2012 was the first time I went to Kuala Lumpur just to see the great "TWIN TOWERS" although this is not my first time going to Malaysia. I travelled through a package tour that I bought from www.takemetoasia.com - a reliable site when travelling to nearby destinations in Singapore. We are packed through a "free and easy" tour which was to my delight, as discovering by my own makes my journey a fulfilling experience.

Furama Hotel is a 4 star business hotel located in the heart of Kuala Lumpur adjacent to Berjaya Times Square - a famous shopping centre in KL. From the hotel to the Berjaya Times Square will take you around 5-6 minutes’ walk. Here you can find both local and international restaurants.
This hotel is quite new so expect that all facilities are at its best form & shape. The room is very spacious, I say more than big enough to accommodate two persons - we stayed in Deluxe Room on twin sharing by the way.

There is WiFi all over the hotel - although the front desk staff informed us that we can only access the internet in the main lobby but being so attached with the internet and all the stuff in it I discovered that I can also access this FREE WiFi almost all over the hotel like inside our room and also at their 3rd floor cafe called "Spices@Furama" where you can also find a swimming pool.

To add with that - the room is complete with all amenities like mini-ref, iron which is a must for business travellers & meticulous travellers like me, hairdryer and a large closet.

You can ask for a higher room floor level if you want to see the famous PETRONAS Tower and the KLCC tower overlooking your window. We were at the 15th floor but surely I saw both. This could attest that this hotel is near to both tourist attractions.

I recommend this hotel mostly because of its great location. It is like a gateway to anywhere you want to go in the city of Kuala Lumpur. Maximum travel time to most places of interest is 15 minutes. It is ver ery ideal to those who want to explore everything in one setting. Like me!

Unique Quality: What I find unique in this hotel is something that I never expected - A RAINSHOWER! I've experienced 5 Star Hotels but most of them don't have this kind of facility. It was really a treat after a tiring day.

Cockroaches alert!

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 15, 2005

When I read blue_b's review a couple of days before I was due for KL, I thought it couldn't be that bad!~

Boy was I wrong, the place is infested with baby cockroaches! We killed some every night and a man gets sent up with his precious baygon daily, with not much effects.
We were afraid of moving the chair for fear of discovering a nest!

The baby roaches are pretty harmless really, but still very disgusting and disturbing when all you wanna do is have a good rest. Also, if you turn the AC to high, the AC keeps tripping. So keep it low!

Unique Quality: Very close to the bus station, and generally a very convenient location!

Directions: Chinatown, Petaling Street

mansionion's Profile Photo

Hotel Furama

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 31, 2004

Hotel Furama is ideally located in the heart of KL's Chinatown with easy connection to other commercial, shopping and entertainment centres in the city via the LRT and Monorail in its vicinity.

Among the hotel services and facilities are:

Room Facilities
Hair dryer (upon request) - Colour TV with in house movies - IDD telephone - Tea & coffee making facilities - Minibar - Key card security system

Hotel Services
Conference facilities Function rooms (1) concierge - laundry - free daily newspaper - steam bath - sauna - massage - facsimile services - car park - safe deposit box - drug store - foreign exchange

Dining
Coffee House

Credit Cards Accepted
American Express - Diners - MasterCard - Visa

Unique Quality: Right in the heart of Chinatown.

Directions: Within Chinatown area.

blue_b's Profile Photo

....Don't expect too much...

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 19, 2004

Tot i got a good deal when i got a room for 128 RM and it was in chinatown district. However, i was greeted by tons of baby cockroaches 10 mins after i checked into the room. I easily killed more than 10 of them and they were running around everywhere which made it impossible to kill them all.

Upon informing the reception about the bad roach problem, they asked "Do you need a spray?" Then instantly a man armed with BAYGON came up to my room and sprayed the whole room with BAYGON and the smell lasted throughout the night....

Morning breakfast is across the street at some coffee house which gives u very simple and basic breakfast of cucumbers , rice and some beans......

Directions: Walking distance from PUDURAYAH BUS INTERCHANGE and walk towards chinatown and u will definitely find the hotel

aqazi's Profile Photo

OK if you want AC in Chinatown

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 29, 2004

We stayed here for three nights in total, the first two prior to going Sandakan and the final night when we ruturned form Sandakan and were going to Kota Bharu.

Anyway if you have just read my tip on wheelers then you know why we got here. The rooms at the Furama were quite big and spacious. They all have AC which is what we were looking for.

The hotel is situated in Chinatown which is a good area to be in for all the chinese restaurants and the street markets. There are also a number of attractions such as the museums within walking distance. There is a skytrain station in the area though the golden triangle is within walking distance if you're feeling energetic. If you are arriving by bus then you might get dropped of here anyway

The hotel gives you some vouchers for breakfast at a bakery across the road which is nice and they also have a guy in the lobby who can help book trips for you.

When we got back from Borneo we had requested to have the same room as before since it was really big. We were told that it was undergoing repair and so we wer given a much smaller room and a nominal 10 Ringett discount. Whilst returning from an evening stroll we we jumped on the elevator to our room and saw another couple enter the room we thought we'd reserved and understood was being renovated. So we'd been lied to and that really pissed me off.

I wouldn't stay here again, even though it only cot us around 110 ringets (I had to haggle for that) the fact that they lied to us still leaves a bad taste.

Directions: Right in China Town

7 Photos of Furama Hotel

Kuala Lumpur Travel Forum

Need advice about Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia? Visit the Travel Forum for Kuala Lumpur and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Kuala Lumpur hotel reviews